The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bell Media fires David Pratt/Dave Tomlinson from 1040 morning show

EP Phone Home

Poor guys... I didn't mind either and hope both can find employment. 

These guys aren't super high paid nhlers that have plenty of savings in the bank... 

Never good to see guys lose their jobs

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2019 at 6:13 AM, Tre Mac said:

Brook Ward is hella annoying, goes off on these tangents.  Man, stick to the point and let the guests speak.  

This!

Botch may be hard to listen to for some and I get that, but Brook Ward is THE most annoying host including both stations. (Now that Pratt is gone)

The guy just won't shut up. And every fricken sentence he thinks has to have a punchline. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, kilgore said:

This!

Botch may be hard to listen to for some and I get that, but Brook Ward is THE most annoying host including both stations. (Now that Pratt is gone)

The guy just won't shut up. And every fricken sentence he thinks has to have a punchline. 

He's got a face for radio and a voice for blogging.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Squamfan said:

OMG.  Here I thought the "Pratt guarantee" like he made about coming back, assured everyone that the opposite would probably happen.  I truly do not see him getting a significant audience, but good luck to him. I can't fault him for trying.

Reading the article it seems like he'll also\ be competing with that other Pratt Cast. A more well known hollywood actor show. So yeah.

There’s also the awkward fact that a “Pratt Cast” already exists. It’s a current podcast hosted by Stephanie Pratt, who, along with her brother Spencer Pratt, was on the reality TV series The Hills. With a sequel coming out — The Hills: New Beginnings — the Pratt Cast is apparently the “all access pass to everything happening on and off the camera.”

I'm anticipating some very confused The Hills fans befuddled to hear rants about the Vancouver Canucks and bike lanes instead of celebrity gossip.

:lol:

Edited by kilgore

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2019 at 1:03 PM, kilgore said:

OMG.  Here I thought the "Pratt guarantee" like he made about coming back, assured everyone that the opposite would probably happen.  I truly do not see him getting a significant audience, but good luck to him. I can't fault him for trying.

Reading the article it seems like he'll also\ be competing with that other Pratt Cast. A more well known hollywood actor show. So yeah.

There’s also the awkward fact that a “Pratt Cast” already exists. It’s a current podcast hosted by Stephanie Pratt, who, along with her brother Spencer Pratt, was on the reality TV series The Hills. With a sequel coming out — The Hills: New Beginnings — the Pratt Cast is apparently the “all access pass to everything happening on and off the camera.”

I'm anticipating some very confused The Hills fans befuddled to hear rants about the Vancouver Canucks and bike lanes instead of celebrity gossip.

:lol:

At least Pratt has graduated to plagiarizing someone else's title instead of plagiarizing entire articles. 

• Upvote 2