The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kreider fined

Just now, RRypien37 said:

You literally quote every single post of mine regarding toughness/fighting/physicality. I get it, you don't want it in the game. I made no mention of staged fights. We will never agree on this clearly. You like your new age style of play, I like a hard nosed, entertaining, tough style of play. 

Not at all what I said. Swing and a miss. So I will help you out. 

I AGREE fighting has a part in the game just not STAGED FIGHTS. A fight after a cheap shot dirty play 100% belongs in the game.

Penalizing the guy who initiates a fight which wouldn't have happened without the cheap shot which initiates the fight in the first place is a mistake.

Sure it looks good to sponsors and people who are never true fans of the game because fighting is down. But it has created the problem that even though fighting has decreased more players are committing cheap shots. 

So next time you just brush off someones post, try reading the post you responded to.

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Not at all what I said. Swing and a miss. So I will help you out. 

I AGREE fighting has a part in the game just not STAGED FIGHTS. A fight after a cheap shot dirty play 100% belongs in the game.

Penalizing the guy who initiates a fight which wouldn't have happened without the cheap shot which initiates the fight in the first place is a mistake.

Sure it looks good to sponsors and people who are never true fans of the game because fighting is down. But it has created the problem that even though fighting has decreased more players are committing cheap shots. 

So next time you just brush off someones post, try reading the post you responded to.

We've had this discussion a lot . That is why I brushed you off this time. It's a waste of time on both of our ends. 

1 minute ago, RRypien37 said:

LOL I see what you're doing with your choice of words. The irony is delicious. It depends how much you value your time. I'm out. 

I at peast here you out even if I disagree with you. The instigator rule was the start of the NHL becoming soft.

I appreciate good hard hockey all day literally just watched the Good Friday Massacre video yesterday. Good heat of the moment brawl. 

I don't like the garbage that has taken place since players can hide behind the instigator rule. I still believe if they either remove the instigator rule (unlikely) or tweak it so it doesn't punish the team standing up for a guy, that hard nosed hockey can coincide with the new school. 

3 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

When the players police themselves there is no need to rely on a shady, corrupted DOPS. 

Anyone with half a realized this is what would be happening without enforcement in the NHL. For all those who were happy with the removal of fighting, you better not be complaining right now.

Even if we had a guy who could, we wouldn't get away with any policing.  Come on now, you should know that by now.  We'd end up in handcuffs and sitting in a holding cell with this kangaroo court deal.

Sounds like a nice idea though.

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Even if we had a guy who could, we wouldn't get away with any policing.  Come on now, you should know that by now.  We'd end up in handcuffs and sitting in a holding cell with this kangaroo court deal.

Sounds like a nice idea though.

Don't have to get "away" with it. Take the fine or 1 game. Have a least one guy in the line up each night that will fight or FORCE the other guy to go just like this:

9 hours ago, Master Mind said:

I think what Kreider did was worse than Voracek and that got 2 games. Can't say I'm surprised.

Debatable. At least Pettersson was eligible to be hit. It was reckless for sure to come around with the elbow, but Krieder also got ejected from the game (in the second) where Voracek only got a 5min major. I would have been good with one game for this one.

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

same type of reckless swing as Kassian

different result of course

Was that swing on Hall or Gagner? 

I can't quite recall... I definitely remember it being an oilers game. Preseason? 

Regardless it's pretty ironic how he's now a fan favourite in Edmonton lol. Also if it was gagner... Then even more ironic! 

46 minutes ago, apollo said:

Was that swing on Hall or Gagner? 

I can't quite recall... I definitely remember it being an oilers game. Preseason? 

Regardless it's pretty ironic how he's now a fan favourite in Edmonton lol. Also if it was gagner... Then even more ironic! 

It was Gagner 

15 hours ago, canuckfromlangley said:

Hansen received a game for trying to catch a puck and clipping a guy with his elbow. But an intentional spinning elbow just nets you a fine.

Interesting almost forgot about that lol. Good memory after watching it again it's questionable, but definitely made me question how Raffl was never suspended for punching Malkin in the back of the head this year which caused Malkin to react and get him suspended for hitting him with his stick in the head. 

Here's the Hansen one so people can remember it if they don't!

Im fine with this one or if it had been 1 game. I know in the past Canuck players have been punished harshly for incidents that probably deserved less but that doesnt change anything with respect to this play. 5 and a game was enough for this action imo. 

TBH i would have been more inclined to discipline the refs for booting Lemieux out of the game. That was way overboard imo. 

12 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Im fine with this one or if it had been 1 game. I know in the past Canuck players have been punished harshly for incidents that probably deserved less but that doesnt change anything with respect to this play. 5 and a game was enough for this action imo. 

TBH i would have been more inclined to discipline the refs for booting Lemieux out of the game. That was way overboard imo. 

In fairness to the refs the Lemieux hit looked way worse than it was in real time. 

Archived