The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks VS Devils, Mar 15, 2019 -- Man Down Edition

therodigy

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

I believe they will let Utica’s playoff hunt play out. He may retire after his bonus this offseason or he could still be traded to a cap floor team. 

The ball is still in Loui's court for another year after this.  Can't see him leaving $9 million on the table by retiring so am hopeful he will agree to waive his NMC on July 2nd.

4 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

The ball is still in Loui's court for another year after this.  Can't see him leaving $9 million on the table by retiring so am hopeful he will agree to waive his NMC on July 2nd.

He has a NTC only this and next year. NMC expired this last off season. Modified NTC after next season. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

He has a NTC only this and next year. NMC expired this last off season. Modified NTC after next season. 

Okay.  I wonder if JB would park him in Utica if he is not interested in waiving his NTC? Assuming, of course, some young player steps up and shows enough promise to deserve a spot.  

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Okay.  I wonder if JB would park him in Utica if he is not interested in waiving his NTC? Assuming, of course, some young player steps up and shows enough promise to deserve a spot.  

He won't be parked in Utica for 2 reasons. 1. We still take a $5.1 mill cap hit if he's there so it doesn't save us anything. 2. His offense may have dried up but is still an NHL level player in all other areas. Benning has already said that he doesn't believe or like parking NHL players in the minors, he may waive him to see if someone bites but wont send him to Utica imo. 

We're either trading him or sticking with him on the roster one way or the other unless his defensive game drops as well. 

46 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

yeah bit I just don't see anything Loui brings that one of our young prospects can't.  I don't care about the money, I just don't want to see a prospect kept out of the lineup because Loui has to be played.  Loui is not a  part of this group going forward. Even Benning's comments make it clear they are trying to find a way to deal with his contract/situation.  

Hopefully after his bonus is paid, Loui agrees to waive his NMC and Benning can move him along.

I think thats got to be in the cards. I think there are some trade possibilities and also the idea of mutual termination at that point isn't as nutty as some people make it sound. He'll have 27/36 mil by that point, given how things have gone it can't be easy for him either. I don't buy into the idea that he's not putting any effort in that gets floated around, if that were true he wouldn't have some of the leagues best PK numbers, you can't do that being a slack-ass. Thats why he'd be tradable. 

18 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think thats got to be in the cards. I think there are some trade possibilities and also the idea of mutual termination at that point isn't as nutty as some people make it sound. He'll have 27/36 mil by that point, given how things have gone it can't be easy for him either. I don't buy into the idea that he's not putting any effort in that gets floated around, if that were true he wouldn't have some of the leagues best PK numbers, you can't do that being a slack-ass. Thats why he'd be tradable. 

Yeah the floating comments are just plain dumb, you can't be that good defensively by floating. Almost wonder if all that solid defensive play plus age catching up is the driving factor of his lack of production. 

Though if it were to reverse I don't think the extra 5-15 points would be worth the losses on the defensive end if the scale tipped the other way. Just an unfortunate situation for the team, the fans and Loui. 

Archived