The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

JB has thrown away far too many assets - needs to be replaced as GM

Rate this topic

Generational.EP40

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

Honestly, the impatience of fans sometimes baffles me. It's like they expect a GM to be perfect in every aspect and turn a team from a bottom feeder to a contender in 2 years. Jimbo has made some mistakes, but you have to be really turning a blind eye not to see how drastically our future has turned around with him and Brackett at the helm.

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Honestly, the impatience of fans sometimes baffles me. It's like they expect a GM to be perfect in every aspect and turn a team from a bottom feeder to a contender in 2 years. Jimbo has made some mistakes, but you have to be really turning a blind eye not to see how drastically our future has turned around with him and Brackett at the helm.

I’ll take that as you never read what was said and think this is a full out doxing. 

In which case it isn’t and are like many insecure fans who think of any criticism is an automatic no-no. Lol. All I’m saying is it’s time to hand someone else the keys to the shop all while JB can still work as a mechanic...I’m acknowledging the good he’s done as most fans do. It’s about time we acknowledge the bad - not over 1 or 2 yrs but 5. It’s a bad trend.

• Like 1
  • Wat 8

6 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Went from the worst prospect pool in the league to consistent top 5... with prospects graduating consistently as well... like what kind of thread is this ?

Yea, there’s nothing wrong with that.

How about we get someone to secure as many assets for Benning to draft with as possible. That wouldn’t be a bad idea would it :huh:

Just now, Generational.EP40 said:

Read the post :lol:

I explain why he shouldn’t be GM any longer. GMing being, more than just drafting. AKA the trades / assets / signings / team vision aspects.

Oh right, you want Steve Yzerman. Arguably the best GM in hockey, who I'm sure all 31 teams would want. Or a guy like Yzerman... which is who exactly?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Generational.EP40 said:

Read the post :lol:

I explain why he shouldn’t be GM any longer. GMing being, more than just drafting. AKA the trades / assets / signings / team vision aspects.

No, specifically. How would you go about "securing assets for the draft" ? What are your ideas ?

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Come on people, I'm not saying I agree with this thread, since I actually want JB to stay, but if you're going to call someone out at least make sure you know what you're talking about.

Thank you haha

For those like you who read it which is appreciated, I’m not saying to get rid of Benning entirely. Just at the managerial(GM) level. He can stay as advisor / head scout / hockey ops because obviously his expertise is drafting which we can’t lose out on.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 4

3 minutes ago, Pepe Silvia said:

Oh right, you want Steve Yzerman. Arguably the best GM in hockey, who I'm sure all 31 teams would want. Or a guy like Yzerman... which is who exactly?

Yzerman isn’t GM anymore. So yea, as Forsberg said:

8 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Come on people, I'm not saying I agree with this thread, since I actually want JB to stay, but if you're going to call someone out at least make sure you know what you're talking about.

:]

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlastPast said:

No, specifically. How would you go about "securing assets for the draft" ? What are your ideas ?

Well a good start would be a GM who can go into a trade without the opposing GM knowing he has the upper hand on. Someone not inexperienced like JB because he’s underwhelming in the trade department which everyone knows.

• Wat 4
  • Upvote 1