The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jett Woo Signs ELC, does that mean Quinn Hughes maybe out for the rest of the year?

iBlueGreen

7 minutes ago, rizzuto&hatoum said:

Don't think Woo can play in the A next year. Too young.

Found this....So where does the AHL’s oft-cited “20-year-old player rule” come in? This rule is based on the NHL and CHL Agreement, which states a signed player aged 18 or 19 who was claimed from a CHL club and is not retained by the NHL club, must be assigned to the CHL junior club whom he last played for or owes a contractual obligation.

Remember the nine game try out that Hdogson had before they sent him back to juniors?

12 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I thought most radio media said Woo is not yet ready for NHL. 

Does this mean he has a two way contract so he goes back to AHL if he can stick at NHL next season? 

Too young. But it doesn't exclude him from being returned to junior.

35 minutes ago, iBlueGreen said:

Wow, Jett Woo signs entry level contract does that mean Hughes is out for the rest of year, or is this Tanev's replacement.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/vancouver-canucks-jett-woo/c-305846866

It wouldn’t have to do with Hughes injury as his contract would still count towards the limit.

It MAY however suggest that we have been told we are out on at least one of the college free agents we were hoping for.... or that Lockwood isn’t signing until after July 1st.

Woo puts us at 49/50 contracts I believe, so only room for one more guy to sign.  

35 minutes ago, Odd. said:

What does Woo signing his contract have to do with Hughes?

lol.

Woo signed. Therefore, Hughes is out for the season. 

I don't know how the OP makes that connection. 

22 minutes ago, rizzuto&hatoum said:

Don't think Woo can play in the A next year. Too young.

Yes Woo Turns 19 in the summer so if he can't make Canucks he goes back to Moose Jaw...This is a good rule for JR hockey as you would have good 19 year olds in the AHL..

There is very little chance you see Woo up here this year , if that is what people are thinking. NOTHING has changed with Hughes. Bone bruise. We will see him for a half dozen games or less. That is if he is allowed to return to 100%. 

5 minutes ago, appleboy said:

There is very little chance you see Woo up here this year , if that is what people are thinking. NOTHING has changed with Hughes. Bone bruise. We will see him for a half dozen games or less. That is if he is allowed to return to 100%. 

I personally would like to see him play a game or two, he's allowed to play in NHL, but not the AHL right?

• -AJ- locked this topic

Archived