Sign in to follow this  
canuckledraggin

Discussion freedom

1 minute ago, canuckledraggin said:

Candace Owens? You need listen.

I've listened to Owens before.  I've just had a palpable dislike for Roseanne for decades.  Not a huge fan of her ex, Tom Arnold, either.  Those 2 were perfect for each other.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I've listened to Owens before.  I've just had a palpable dislike for Roseanne for decades.  Not a huge fan of her ex, Tom Arnold, either.  Those 2 were perfect for each other.

the US 1st amendment covers things pretty well without Roseanne chiming in, I'd imagine. You guys got that one right. 

• Hydration 1

4 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

That's a bias that would exclude you from listening to anything that would contradict your narrative. She has a platform and it puts her on a level with Alysa Milano. I just agree with the message.

4 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

That's a bias that would exclude you from listening to anything that would contradict your narrative. She has a platform and it puts her on a level with Alysa Milano. I just agree with the message.

Good lord, jump to conclusions much?  I have nothing against Owens.  I just don't like Roseanne.  There are people in real life I feel that way about as well.

I have views that run the gamut from very conservative to relatively liberal.  I belong to neither party and every two years I post a picture of my voting ballot on CDC showing that I vote mostly 3rd parties with an occasional Republican or Democrat thrown in if I have to choose one or the other.

Edited by SabreFan1
Finished my 2nd sentence.

7 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Good lord, jump to conclusions much?  I have nothing against Owens.  I just don't like Roseanne.  There are people in real life I feel that way about as well.

I have views that run the gamut from very conservative to relatively liberal.  I belong to neither party and every two years I post a picture of my voting ballot on CDC showing that I vote mostly 3rd parties with an occasional Republican or Democrat thrown in if I have to choose one or the other.

Your views are more libertarian then and I am firmly on board with that. I just need to consider all points of view. Owens is my favorite activist by a long shot.

Edited by canuckledraggin

Roseanne had a massive head injury as a teen and its what created the persona we see today. She is actually quite likable once you know that. She is whacky. But also, loves freedom.  Can't have enough people like her around, imo.  She is still funny off the cuff too.

2 minutes ago, xereau said:

Roseanne had a massive head injury as a teen and its what created the persona we see today. She is actually quite likable once you know that. She is whacky. But also, loves freedom.  Can't have enough people like her around, imo.  She is still funny off the cuff too.

So you watched the video then? I thought not.

Your views are more libertarian then and I am firmly on board with that. I just need to consider all points of view. Owens is my favorite activist by a long shot.

She's not among my favourites, but I don't dislike her.

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

She's not among my favourites, but I don't dislike her.

Who do you endorse as a personal question. It obviously doesn't deserve or require an answer.

Just now, canuckledraggin said:

Who do you endorse as a personal question. It obviously doesn't deserve or require an answer.

What do you mean who do I endorse?  If you mean as a political figure, I haven't been able to stand behind anyone since Bill Clinton, and I even had some serious issues with him.

As for who I listen to, I've found myself listening to a decent amount of Ben Shapiro mixed in with a little of Steven Crowder when he's being serious and not being uber-partisan.

I can't stand the "us vs. them" mentality in politics so until that goes away I'm going to continue to avoid the purely partisan stumping that a lot of commentators continue to do.

• Upvote 2

"Conservatives don't get to apologize, you should know that. Those are the rules." This lady gets there in under four minutes. Lol, that's pretty good time for pulling out the victim card, she'll go far in conservative circles.

Lol Candace Owens

The I'll sue you if you say bad things about me voice of today's political right.

After her meltdown recently in good

3 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

What do you mean who do I endorse?  If you mean as a political figure, I haven't been able to stand behind anyone since Bill Clinton, and I even had some serious issues with him.

As for who I listen to, I've found myself listening to a decent amount of Ben Shapiro mixed in with a little of Steven Crowder when he's being serious and not being uber-partisan.

I can't stand the "us vs. them" mentality in politics so until that goes away I'm going to continue to avoid the purely partisan stumping that a lot of commentators continue to do.

AWESOME!. Listen to everyone and figure out your own position. I identify with Shapiro, because he makes the most sense to me. I'm not espousing a political point of view but I'm saying HEY LOOK AT THIS! Don't you see the hypocrisy in saying all dissenters are saying the same thing?

Just now, canuckledraggin said:

AWESOME!. Listen to everyone and figure out your own position. I identify with Shapiro, because he makes the most sense to me. I'm not espousing a political point of view but I'm saying HEY LOOK AT THIS! Don't you see the hypocrisy in saying all dissenters are saying the same thing?

Even though I disagree with Shapiro half the time, I like that he presents his views using logic and facts over emotion.  He'll also call out people from the party he belongs to when they do or say something that they shouldn't.

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

Even though I disagree with Shapiro half the time, I like that he presents his views using logic and facts over emotion.  He'll also call out people from the party he belongs to when they do or say something that they shouldn't.

So now what are disagreeing with? TDS is a real thing. Trump derangement makes me sad. When I hear Candace say the same things, I get more educated.

So now what are disagreeing with? TDS is a real thing. Trump derangement makes me sad. When I hear Candace say the same things, I get more educated.

We're derailing your own thread now.  This particular discussion of the perception of TDS actually belongs in the Trump thread.  You'll get this thread locked if it turns into a Trump discussion.  I guarantee the mods don't want to have to monitor two of the same subject.