The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discussion freedom

canuckledraggin

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

We're derailing your own thread now.  This particular discussion of the perception of TDS actually belongs in the Trump thread.  You'll get this thread locked if it turns into a Trump discussion.  I guarantee the mods don't want to have to monitor two of the same subject.

Obviously you didn't watch the videos. That's fine and you're allowed to respond to headlines. Don't tell the mods what they should be offended by.

Just now, canuckledraggin said:

Obviously you didn't watch the videos. That's fine and you're allowed to respond to headlines. Don't tell the mods what they should be offended by.

I'm not telling the mods a thing.  They've flat out said it in the past. 

Also, don't ever feel like you and I are comfortable enough with one another that you can bark an order at me.

Also, I have no urge to watch a video with Roseanne in it.  I already told you that in the beginning.  I didn't like her in the 90's before she was political and I don't like her in the 10's either.

1 minute ago, canuckledraggin said:

I put those videos from this site to this one. You're bias is against anything Roseanne Barr has to say and instead of actually listening to a discussion, you have put yourself in a box. There's no conversation that could come from your point of view.

Translation:  "He isn't doing what I want him to do so I'm going to complain about it to him and low key attempt an insult".

Post an Alex Jones video next and try to get me to watch that.  See my reaction then.  You'll have me on ignore soon thereafter.

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

Translation:  "He isn't doing what I want him to do so I'm going to complain about it to him and low key attempt an insult".

Post an Alex Jones video next and try to get me to watch that.  See my reaction then.  You'll have me on ignore soon thereafter.

Strawman. Why is that useless material in quotes?

Think back on your "Intro to Literature" University class and I have faith that you'll figure it out.

Feel free to add me to your ignore list. That's what people do when they have no argument or any sort of logic to debate your facts. Let's debate! Nah I'll just ignore you.... Hey great point.

3 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

Feel free to add me to your ignore list. That's what people do when they have no argument or any sort of logic to debate your facts. Let's debate! Nah I'll just ignore you.... Hey great point.

I'm proud of the fact that I've never put anyone on an ignore list on any board that I've ever been on.  I'm an adult who can have adult conversations.  If I no longer wish to talk to someone, I am more than capable of just ignoring them the old fashioned way.

1 hour ago, xereau said:

Roseanne had a massive head injury as a teen and its what created the persona we see today. She is actually quite likable once you know that. She is whacky. But also, loves freedom.  Can't have enough people like her around, imo.  She is still funny off the cuff too.

Is a head injury good reason for her behaving too often like a pig?  Her politics aside, she publicly behaves in a disgusting manner.  This, of course, is within her rights and freedoms to do so, but it’s still disgusting.  

I'm proud of the fact that I've never put anyone on an ignore list on any board that I've ever been on.  I'm an adult who can have adult conversations.  If I no longer wish to talk to someone, I am more than capable of just ignoring them.

Same. I don't have anyone on my list. You need to address the thread or else it becomes a personal attack. I get that you hate Roseanne, even though didn't watch the video. Here's a question for you. Do you believe in the beliefs of Margaret Sanger?

Just now, canuckledraggin said:

Same. I don't have anyone on my list. You need to address the thread or else it becomes a personal attack. I get that you hate Roseanne, even though didn't watch the video. Here's a question for you. Do you believe in the beliefs of Margaret Sanger?

Planned parenthood.  You just asked the one thing I've flipped back and forth on over the years.  Right now, I'm personally more pro-life but with exceptions.  I also recognize though that if you try and force people to have unwanted children, there will be women dying while trying to abort their own fetuses.

It's the one subject I'm most torn on and as a result can't make a heartfelt strong case for or against.

Planned parenthood.  You just asked the one thing I've flipped back and forth on over the years.  Right now, I'm personally more pro-life but with exceptions.  I also recognize though that if you try and force people to have unwanted children, there will be women dying while trying to abort their own fetuses.

It's the one subject I'm most torn on and as a result can't make a heartfelt strong case for or against.

It's the one issue that is going to decide the election in 2020. Left wingers are advocating full-term abortions. Governor Cuomo has already approved of it. Can you imagine a baby being born and then killed post-birth? It's law now and it could become a more widely expressed idea.

3 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

Listen to these women.

Threads get locked when you provide little substance for discussion. And no videos don't count. I would include a blurb as far as what direction you are hoping for the discussion to go. Otherwise this will likely be getting locked for lacking "substance". You don't have to take my advice though.

9 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

It's the one issue that is going to decide the election in 2020. Left wingers are advocating full-term abortions. Governor Cuomo has already approved of it. Can you imagine a baby being born and then killed post-birth? It's law now and it could become a more widely expressed idea.

Yikes, that's not even allowed in the most liberal of European countries. I think might prove what I think of the North American left all along though, they have a certain disdain for people with physical or mental defects and can now easily abort fetuses that show signs of it in late stages of birth without earlier invasive procedures in the first trimester, it's Eugenics without using such a dirty word.

https://eu.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/politics/albany/2019/02/05/cuomo-defends-abortion-rights-law-amid-ongoing-criticism-trump/2778630002/

Reading this article on the matter, I wonder if "health of the fetus" can be interpreted very loosely.

13 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

So you watched the video then? I thought not.

You seem a little sensitive as to if people watched your video.  If you show me a pile of $&!#, I know it’s $&!# and I don’t have to eat it to validate that it is $&!#. 

1 hour ago, Sweathog said:

Candace recently said that Hitler was doing a good job in Germany, and the problems started when he took his agenda globally. I suppose she thinks that as long as he kept his hateful policies in Germany, then everything's cool.

:picard:

She's a rabble-rouser who deliberately says things to antagonize her opponents, a la Anne Coulter, Michael Moore and Bill Maher.  She might be informed on other topics (don't know never really paid much attention to her) but when I heard her quote about Hitler, I really cringed.  She was obviously speaking WAY out of her depth on the issue, I doubt she could even name basic facts about him, such as what year he came to power, or the name of his auto-biography.

3 minutes ago, Dungass said:

She's a rabble-rouser who deliberately says things to antagonize her opponents, a la Anne Coulter, Michael Moore and Bill Maher.  She might be informed on other topics (don't know never really paid much attention to her) but when I heard her quote about Hitler, I really cringed.  She was obviously speaking WAY out of her depth on the issue, I doubt she could even name basic facts about him, such as what year he came to power, or the name of his auto-biography.

Imo she's an opportunist, as well as being narcissistic. I'm not even sure she believes in the talking points she mentions, it's very likely she using them to capitalize on the current political landscape. I don't trust her, she's doing what she can to worsen the political climate in order to get rich.

14 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

I've listened to Owens before.  I've just had a palpable dislike for Roseanne for decades.  Not a huge fan of her ex, Tom Arnold, either.  Those 2 were perfect for each other.

Oh C'mon. He was great in True Lies!

Archived