The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Dallas Stars, March 17, 2019, 4 PM

KyoNami

2 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Hey NHL , how about paying for more than just  2 commercials to be played over and over during the game !!!!!!!!

Like Nascar this morning too. If I buy a god damn Rav4 will you stop playing that annoying commercial? 

10 hours ago, Cup2021 said:

I don't agree he's only an AHL player, he's 5th in points and has steadily improved. Not to mention the amount of posts hes hit, its a matter of inches. The other problem is Green keeps moving him around, as others have posted and as well as knows, his best chemistry as well as Patterson's, is with Patterson. Those 2 are the perfect compliment to each other and create an instant threat every time. Probably more so with Goldys improved all around game. If green would just leave Goldy with Petey, the points would have been there. Those 4 points in 23 games came on that line when Green left him there, which was maybe 2 shifts every 4 or 5 games. So my point being is that if Green stopped the blender, Goldy would have produced more and more than likely, same with Petey. So basically it's greens own doing.

The 'blender' had more to do with various injuries up and down our line up in my opinion.  Goldobin showed his offence with Pettersson but was relied on to contribute on other lines because of injuries, but he couldn't do it.  He became a liabilty defensively and lost the trust of the coaching staff.

I think the reason Pettersson looked so good defensively and seemed like he was everywhere on the ice at the beginning of the season was to cover up for Goldobin floating around.  

I like the guy and want him to succeed with the team, but you can't be in the NHL if you lack defensive responsibility and work ethic.  Only elite players can get by soley on offensive output and even so will get called out by their coach every now and then.

He should have been kept in Utica to develop his defensive side in a less scrutinized environment and that falls on management.

7 hours ago, 40Dangles said:

Ya, let’s take a hard look at the defense this guy has been given, the injuries, and the lack of offense and tell me it’s green. As they say you can’t make chicken salad out of chicken “Shyte”.

edler and Tanev are not a real number 1/2 on any playoff team and they’ve been hurt 1/2 the season. But ok it’s the coach’s fault his defensive leaders are really a  3/4 and out half the year, then he has a 5/6 plus a bunch of AHLers. 

Absurd comment. There’s a reason McLean is on TV and not managing a team. Because he’s a moron 

so lets look at it this way

last year the goaltending sucked

Switch Ian Clark in and Dan Cloutier out

suddenly Jacob Markstrom is an NHL starter

Pretty sure this time last year everybody, including me was waiting for Demko and or Depietro

18 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

No team rolls over when not mathematically eliminated. It's not that hard a concept to grasp. 

Not saying they should roll over at all, but do you really think Loui is the key to prevent us from losing or Goldy is the reason we have been losing? All I am saying is Goldy has worked his butt off the last few games and Loui was (finally) in the press box, so the best thing Green can do is reward Loui, while punishing the one player of the 2 that has improved. 

Archived