The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Dallas Stars, March 17, 2019, 4 PM

KyoNami

4 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I guess Baer needs a practice first. I'm still confounded as to how we've managed to avoid the roster limit. Schaller had a good game, but i'd still like to see Goldy in. I could see a sizable rotation in tomorrow's back-to-back.

Maybe Baertschi plays tomorrow's game

10 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I guess Baer needs a practice first. I'm still confounded as to how we've managed to avoid the roster limit. Schaller had a good game, but i'd still like to see Goldy in. I could see a sizable rotation in tomorrow's back-to-back.

From the NHL's hockey operations guideline....basically after the trade deadline there is no 23-man limit.

23-man Roster
There may be a maximum of 23 players on each Club's playing roster at any one time from the commencement of the NHL regular season through the trade deadline. Prior to the start of the season, each Club must submit to the NHL its "Opening Day Playing Roster" which shall be comprised of not more than 23 players. Each Club must have a roster of at least 20 players, composed of 18 skaters and two goaltenders. Players on Injured Reserve do not count in the 23-man limit.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26377

12 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

I don't like seeing Baertschi back at all. The guys really gotta put his future with his kids and wife ahead of playing the game. One more concussion and he may never be the same again. I'm praying that doesn't happen... 

How nice of you to decide what he has to do, it will save him time thinking for himself;f and will render all the doctors opinions, tests  and training needless as well. :)

8 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

I don't like seeing Baertschi back at all. The guys really gotta put his future with his kids and wife ahead of playing the game. One more concussion and he may never be the same again. I'm praying that doesn't happen... 

Agreed, what’s the point in playing him these last few games. Baffling that he hasn’t been shut down. He wants to practice and travel with the team? Fine, but no games.  So 3-4 games down the road when he takes another hit and is out again I sure hope we don’t hear dim Jim say “wish there was something we could have done different here”. 

Rant is over. 

36 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

With 11 games left, I'm shocked that Baer may come back.  Why not take the extra time to come back 100% next year?  I think its forgotten how big a piece of our offence he has been the last couple years, and how good he was to start the year.  He was a significant loss this year.

I don’t get it? I thought Goldy had one of his better games last game. Was the first guy back a lot and even had multiple shot blocks. Does what Green wants him to do and is now sat? Goldy also probably has as many posts as anyone in the league. Could easily have another 6-7 goals. Not only that but Petey looked way better once Goldy got on his line. Their puck possession was the best it’s been in a while. Sometimes Green makes no sense.

Archived