The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Dallas Stars, March 17, 2019, 4 PM

KyoNami

The problem with Goldy is if he isn't scoring, he's a waste of a body out there. He doesn't win any battles and he's terrible in the defensive zone. Go back and look at him during Jerseys 2nd goal last game. No wonder Green benched him.

12 minutes ago, Elias_Pettersson said:

I don’t get it? I thought Goldy had one of his better games last game. Was the first guy back a lot and even had multiple shot blocks. Does what Green wants him to do and is now sat? Goldy also probably has as many posts as anyone in the league. Could easily have another 6-7 goals. Not only that but Petey looked way better once Goldy got on his line. Their puck possession was the best it’s been in a while. Sometimes Green makes no sense.

Green actually makes a really good point. If your given a shot at top 6 minutes in this league, 4 points in 23 games isnt acceptable on any team. Especially when hes not not exactly a physical presence away from the puck.

Sometimes Green makes perfect sense.

4 minutes ago, TU90 said:

The problem with Goldy is if he isn't scoring, he's a waste of a body out there. He doesn't win any battles and he's terrible in the defensive zone. Go back and look at him during Jerseys 2nd goal last game. No wonder Green benched him.

every player makes mistakes and misses their checks, Biega had an awful game is he going to get benched? NJ could have won that in regulation with his late turnover.

Lets hope Goldy can turn it around next year like Hutton did with his healthy scratches last year to this year. But I have my serious doubts about that

16 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Seems to have kept Eriksson in the league.

If Goldy was getting paid Eriksson money he would be playing, conversely if Eriksson was being paid Goldy's salary he would not be dressed.

3 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

every player makes mistakes and misses their checks, Biega had an awful game is he going to get benched? NJ could have won that in regulation with his late turnover.

Lets hope Goldy can turn it around next year like Hutton did with his healthy scratches last year to this year. But I have my serious doubts about that

But does Biega bring any positives to the game? 

If Goldy is going to be a liability defensively, he needs to score more than 4 points in 23 games playing with our best players.

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

If Goldy was getting paid Eriksson money he would be playing, conversely if Eriksson was being paid Goldy's salary he would not be dressed.

if that is true then the owners are pulling the strings. Redden rode the bus in the AHL making the same $ as Eriksucks

50 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

With his size and speed Virt makes any line he plays on look better. I also like him paired Bo.

Yes, I think it’s trhe that the Canucks need to find chemistry with pairs in their forwards 

Gaudette Virtanen 

Horvat ( Baertshi is the best I n my opinion)

Petterson Boeser

however I’m not sold on Petterson Boeser yet, the two are extremely talented so they put up points but not 100% on there chemistry yet 

I’d like to see motte with Petterson actually as a test. Big on the forecheck and is a smart player who can finish

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

if that is true then the owners are pulling the strings. Redden rode the bus in the AHL making the same $ as Eriksucks

The question should be about development, not wins. I sense Green is still looking for wins at the expense of development. A natural thing for the coach to do when he is not directed otherwise. The fact it's a home game and the team is coming off a loss is a likely factor.

I want development but the fans deserve home wins as well. Balancing the two interests, I can accept Goldy being scratched if they truly believe he will be better for it in the long run. This guy's puck possession skills rival Petterson's and I'd like to see them together more on the PP. What I can't understand is Granland's ice time. The guy is like Loui without offence or big contract.  

1 hour ago, Dombrova22 said:

I don't like seeing Baertschi back at all. The guys really gotta put his future with his kids and wife ahead of playing the game. One more concussion and he may never be the same again. I'm praying that doesn't happen... 

Kind of agree with you. But if you look at the concussion protocol, there's a bunch of steps and he only progresses to the next one if he remains symptom-free for 24hours. So today he's cleared for contact, and if he doesn't have any symptoms afterwards then he's cleared for the next step, which might be a game or more intense/physical practices. The fact that he's traveling makes me glad that he's simply getting healthier and living life without pain, whether or not he ends up playing this season. 

13 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Yes, I think it’s trhe that the Canucks need to find chemistry with pairs in their forwards 

Gaudette Virtanen 

Horvat ( Baertshi is the best I n my opinion)

Petterson Boeser

however I’m not sold on Petterson Boeser yet, the two are extremely talented so they put up points but not 100% on there chemistry yet 

I’d like to see motte with Petterson actually as a test. Big on the forecheck and is a smart player who can finish

Baertschi-Pettersson and Horvat-Boeser seems like a better fit re style of play.  

Green is choked, he might have got the mandate to play the kids and he knows this will not help his stats, he may even be on the rails. He is being "professional".

Dallas is in a battle to retain a wild card playoff spot, they will come out hard but will ease up if they get a big lead.

I think Goldy is just being used as a whipping boy, no real reason to bench him vs a half dozen others. Green makes him a distraction.

43 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Green actually makes a really good point. If your given a shot at top 6 minutes in this league, 4 points in 23 games isnt acceptable on any team. Especially when hes not not exactly a physical presence away from the puck.

Sometimes Green makes perfect sense.

Actually Green makes a lot of sense most of the time unlike most of his critics who flip from one player to the next looking for a reason to criticize management and coaching. They either know little about hockey or do not have the emotional toughness to go through a process.  

Archived