The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars | Mar. 17, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

16 minutes ago, Darth Canuck said:

That’s 2 games in a row Schaller has been noticeable.

Liked how Bo high fived Leivo after the shoot out goal, real bonding going on there. 

I love the guy, but can Shorthouse try to not sound so damn excited when the other team scores???? 

Go Canucks Go!

I believe!!

I think that is what makes Shorty good, although that pisses me off a little. But he gets even more excited when we score. 

Not a good game overall, I thought, and Khudobin's flying stick seemed to take the Canucks a bit off.

Thought Brisebois was Edler! With about 8:40 left saw him use his body to strongly angle a guy off..kid looked like a pro.

We don't really know what we got with lots of these young D..but who's to say 2 or 3 don't totally surprise us? I'm optimistic there.

& as I posted about a wk back, I'd like Bulldog to get 50 or 60 games next yr. He's an underappreciated gem!

6 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Thought Brisebois was Edler! With about 8:40 left saw him use his body to strongly angle a guy off..kid looked like a pro.

We don't really know what we got with lots of these young D..but who's to say 2 or 3 don't totally surprise us? I'm optimistic there.

& as I posted about a wk back, I'd like Bulldog to get 50 or 60 games next yr. He's an underappreciated gem!

I’d like bulldog NOT to get that many games, not because I don’t like him but it means our D Corps is still weak. He’s a perfect #7. Comes in, competes, is very physical, and gives his all. A good player to keep 1-6 honest and playing hard, but he’s not a full timer. He’s an excellent NHL depth player, and you need those. 

1 minute ago, 40Dangles said:

I’d like bulldog NOT to get that many games, not because I don’t like him but it means our D Corps is still weak. He’s a perfect #7. Comes in, competes, is very physical, and gives his all. A good player to keep 1-6 honest and playing hard, but he’s not a full timer. He’s an excellent NHL depth player, and you need those. 

& what do we all complain about Tanev?..He's DURABLE. We should all appreciate the value in this by now.

I hear what you're saying, but Bulldog is better than we realize.

Anti tank!!

Great win. Young guys learning and being rewarded.  

Great to beat a team that's trying to stay in the playoffs. 

Look. Canucks won't be caught by bottom 4 teams. So 90 percent we finish 5 to 11 from the bottom. 

That wont change. So tank means next to nothing at this stage compared to the value of having so many young guys playing against tough opponents who are in or battling to be in the playoffs.

Plus if you finish 5th very good chance you drop to 6 or 7. If you finish 7 or 8 very good chance you stay there. That's the odds. 

images-1.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

so, the Petey penalty shot goal that should have been a goal by the NHL's own rules, yet, inexplicably denied, was complete robbery.  And for a rookie trying to break records and win a Calder, this is completely unacceptable.

The worst league in the world.

Not to mention if the point that Dallas got may affect the playoff picture.

Good discussion going on SN 650 regarding this.

Archived