The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars | Mar. 17, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

8 hours ago, amitriptyline said:

What a monster game from Eriksson tonight. He even took a shot on goal ! Loui Eriksson rocks my world for ever and ever.

Glad to see LE getting some support ! At last a CDCer who can separate contract and player during the game. Good to see logic over the usual emotional stuff !

6 hours ago, lmm said:

i don't do HF but come on man.

Drafting Petey was 50% luck

Remember the year before when Dubois was taken before he dropped to us?

Petey could have been the same.

Just sayin

No, it was brilliance.  They have good, long looks at these players and take a lot of heat when they go away from the order of things.

They knew what they'd have in Petey and that's why they took him.  I mean, all picks are "luck" when they turn out because you just never know.  So give credit where it's due...a brilliant selection.

8 hours ago, Moe Knows said:

Just so wrong....

Do you realize you are talking about a beloved ex-Canuck who has played his way in to the KHL, after two seasons with a strong Sharks squad?

Hansen was a good member of the team, but his time is done.

I loved the guy's time here too, but Nux is not wrong about Hansen.

2 hours ago, Kragar said:

Do you realize you are talking about a beloved ex-Canuck who has played his way in to the KHL, after two seasons with a strong Sharks squad?

Hansen was a good member of the team, but his time is done.

I loved the guy's time here too, but Nux is not wrong about Hansen.

Spot on... 

I'm Hansens biggest fan, but his time was over in Vancouver...

6 hours ago, lmm said:

i don't do HF but come on man.

Drafting Petey was 50% luck

Remember the year before when Dubois was taken before he dropped to us?

Petey could have been the same.

Just sayin

No doubt. And I am sure that the several GMs who drafted ahead of Vancouver wish that they had gotten "lucky" like JB did. I imagine that every smart move JB makes is "lucky" to you. You really should go check out HF Boards, you would fit right in. Just sayin.

1 hour ago, BrazilianCanuck said:

Why not "it"? At least preserves the singular aspect of the pronouns (he, she) and is also neutral. (Legitimate question from a foreigner, btw)

"they" is currently the prefered pronoun of the trans gendered.

I use they also when I am unsure of gender

I do not understand why the TG community didn't pick a new word rather than repurposing a word currently in use, but they didn't.

I does get confusing , but it is accepted language of our time.

"They are wearing blue shirts," is talking about multiple people without mentioning gender  

"They is wearing a green hat," is talking about a single tg or a person of unknown gender  

13 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Post-game celebration:

wow...... you know you can judge a person alot by the choice of music they listen to?. I mean i love shania twain as much as the next man, she was a babe back in the day. 

but good lord how can that be a celebration song in the dressing room.... call me crazy but i serious believe the vacouver canucks organization beats into players the mentality of "turning the other cheek" and getting our boys to play like sissies its the only way to explain how some players come here and then get neutered.

I will always love this team unconditionally but my god do they embarrass me sometimes. 

/end rant   

35 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

No doubt. And I am sure that the several GMs who drafted ahead of Vancouver wish that they had gotten "lucky" like JB did. I imagine that every smart move JB makes is "lucky" to you. You really should go check out HF Boards, you would fit right in. Just sayin.

Please list "every smart move".

Markstrom continues to steal games, What a …..a...….NJD game out of the 90's, so boring the Canucks should be penalized a draft pick. so evident after the second period, dump the puck in and don't bother trying to score just keep it on the boards and eat the clock. I wondered why the boys were not taking advantage to go to the net a few times until I watched Horvat get the puck and then wait for someone to come to him, as a matter of fact he didn't even look like he was trying to get a shot on goal.

Chicago tonite, do they "Slay the dragon"

35 minutes ago, MoldyTaco said:

wow...... you know you can judge a person alot by the choice of music they listen to?. I mean i love shania twain as much as the next man, she was a babe back in the day. 

but good lord how can that be a celebration song in the dressing room.... call me crazy but i serious believe the vacouver canucks organization beats into players the mentality of "turning the other cheek" and getting our boys to play like sissies its the only way to explain how some players come here and then get neutered.

I will always love this team unconditionally but my god do they embarrass me sometimes. 

/end rant   

I'm not sure if you're serious or not. On the off chance you are, is it possible they are merely having a good time and that a celebration song post game has nothing to do with a theoretical "turn the other cheek" attitude?

Or, if you are saying that a post game song can have that much influence on a group of players, the idea that "that don't impress me much" could be viewed as their mantra toward winning. That is to say they aren't impressed by winning and instead just come to expect it. Which isn't such a bad way to go about your job.

Anyway, it's in my nature to over analyze things and you are certainly entitled to your rant, but I just wanted to come at it from a different angle.

Cheers mate,

7 minutes ago, fogducker said:

I'm not sure if you're serious or not. On the off chance you are, is it possible they are merely having a good time and that a celebration song post game has nothing to do with a theoretical "turn the other cheek" attitude?

Or, if you are saying that a post game song can have that much influence on a group of players, the idea that "that don't impress me much" could be viewed as their mantra toward winning. That is to say they aren't impressed by winning and instead just come to expect it. Which isn't such a bad way to go about your job.

Anyway, it's in my nature to over analyze things and you are certainly entitled to your rant, but I just wanted to come at it from a different angle.

Cheers mate,

for sure man could view it that way but what a weird way to express the "it doesnt impress me" after you know... coming out in the third up 2-1 and not pressing the play at all half way through the 3rd shots were 12-2 for dallas wasnt it? talk about "that dont impress me much".

Its more a long history of their on ice antics through  many years and different players. marchand using sedins head as a speed bag infront of the net with no response always comes to mind. 

but i guess im bias. 17 years of playing hockey and if i ever seen another player do that to one of my team mates id be suspended for a very long time. 

1 hour ago, MoldyTaco said:

/end rant   

If you're embarrassed by someone else's musical choices, that's likely your issue moreso than theirs.  And judging them based on it?  

Honestly, there could be an inside joke that the team knows about that we don't.   People bond over things that aren't often obvious to others.

This is prehistoric thinking.  Men who are confident enough to listen to what they want are the ones I want on the team...not those who feel they have to follow a path.  Leaders.  Besides, for me, it's likely very tongue in cheek.  

Khudobin did what he had to do to beat Pettersson. He's not good enough to make the save. Probably crapping his pants at the thought of Pettersson embarrassing him. Well, it robbed Pettersson of setting the new rookie record. Thanks refs. That's okay, he'll do it tonight against CHI.

Good for Schaller, happy for him.

Markstrom was great, again.

Is it me, or does Horvat look off?

Granlund needs to go.

Goldobin scratched again? I think this only crushes his confidence and lowers his stock. Don't agree with Green here.

Leivo is a keeper. What a shot.

I wish Virtanen was s smarter player. He'd probably have double the goals and points.

2 hours ago, MoldyTaco said:

/end rant   

“Who’s Bed Have Your Boots Been Under”, and why does the memory make you so upset?   :gocan:

Missed the game. But caught up on the replays.  I can't believe that was not a call on the stick throwing by the Khudobin. But the NHL response today was pathetic.  Instead of just admitting they got it wrong, some feable excuse that in their telepathic wisdom, they deduced that the goalie didn't mean to throw it.......he just did.....so.....its okay.  

Why isn't this call just the same as high sticking, or tripping, or shooting the puck over the glass, or EVERY OTHER SIMILAR CALL?  Where intent is not the issue, it is the result. ie..it doesn't matter even if Khudobin didn't mean to throw it (even though it doesn't look that accidental) the fact that he prevented a scoring chance, should be enough to make the call. 

Anyways moot point. Just throw it on the giant pile of terrible ref calls that went against us, many instances at the worst possible times, over the years.

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Khudobin did what he had to do to beat Pettersson. He's not good enough to make the save. Probably crapping his pants at the thought of Pettersson embarrassing him. Well, it robbed Pettersson of setting the new rookie record. Thanks refs. That's okay, he'll do it tonight against CHI.

Good for Schaller, happy for him.

Markstrom was great, again.

Is it me, or does Horvat look off?

Granlund needs to go.

Goldobin scratched again? I think this only crushes his confidence and lowers his stock. Don't agree with Green here.

Leivo is a keeper. What a shot.

I wish Virtanen was s smarter player. He'd probably have double the goals and points.

Agree Bo looks a bit off but remember, he is playing with LE, the invisible man and offensive black hole.  

Don't get the Goldy benching either.  He has shown much better engagement all over the ice and in the past few games made some solid defensive plays.  At least Goldy brings some offensive creativity and energy, LE just kills the clock.

Jake didn't look very engaged last night. He has such great tools but seldom does he impact a game the way he should.

Archived