The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Chicago Blackhawks | Mar. 18, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

48 minutes ago, JamesB said:

6. Speaking of the EP line, they were dominant tonight. With Boeser on the ice, the Canucks outshot Chicago 15-4. WIth EP it was "only" 13-4. Leivo was 11-4.  I am not sure Leivo is good enough to allow Boeser and EP to play to their full potential in the long run, but he is doing a pretty good job at present. The fact that the Canucks have won two games in a row does not change the fact that the Canucks need another high end winger if they want to build a good team.

I thought Leivo was driving the play. He gained zone quite a bit... I didn't realize how fast of a skater he was, but he wins a lot of races to the puck. I think he's a more offensively gifted Burrows, but less defensive.

OK. I've had a few wobbly pops over here in Maui and I spec out the details of a win where I want the team to do well but lose. Yup, a #6 or better. But the boys play well and win. Demko in net two rookies on defense and the scoring done by the new era. Hard to complain. Gotta go another round is here!!!!

11 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

I thought Leivo was driving the play. He gained zone quite a bit... I didn't realize how fast of a skater he was, but he wins a lot of races to the puck. I think he's a more offensively gifted Burrows, but less defensive.

He is what Steve Bernier was supposed to be,

1 hour ago, Chris12345 said:

You can tell which posters played on bad teams and went to the dance to participate.

My favorite was a men's fast pitch softball team. I was 16 and the Saturday night dances and $2. 00 beers. I always started on the early Sunday morning games. 

2 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

It be nice if they could do it when it actually matters 

It does matter now, regardless if they miss the playoffs. I don't get the 'tanker' mentality, winning is winning, good at anytime. Winners don't say 'oh well, maybe next year' they go out and try to win every time. Losers, well, the opposite.

2 hours ago, SuitnTie said:

Ahhhh it’s the end of the year Canucks-Go-On-A-6-Game-Winning-Streak tradition to get screwed on the draft lottery. 

Like that time we lost in OT to the Devils and because we didn't win we picked 5th overall instead of 1st? 

Archived