The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Chicago Blackhawks | Mar. 18, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Stelar said:

Thought Jake was pretty invisible tonight 

Now that Slf is drunk he will be truthful.  Jake .vitsnen is s moron.  The guy hS a million dollar body and a 2 cent brain.  I’d trade hi in a friggin hate beat if we could get a decent return,  now when Alg is sober he will deny saying any such crap about the greY Jale.  Q

6 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Boeser is an exception not the norm 

There are usually at least a couple of guys every year who get picked 20-30 and have exceptional NHL careers. It’s just a matter of having the scouting staff to find one. Have faith in Benning and Bracket.

22 minutes ago, BPA said:

There's always a chance.  But it relies on the teams ahead of us losing most of their games.

Arizona wound have to go 6-3 to get to 90 points. That’s not losing most of their games. But then again all those loser points add up so they can technically lose every game in OT and still get to 87 points. 

42 minutes ago, sonoman said:

My personal favourite was Johnny Quest.

39 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Robot Spy freaked me out as a kid.

Was that the one with the spider that stamped people's foreheads?

Yeah, Jonny Quest was kinda creepy for young kids... but still enticing to watch.

47 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Awesome seeing EP making history tonight, as well as Demko doing his part in making sure the boys get the 2 points. Also Horvat was a beast tonight with the game winner. Oh Brock is still on a roll. 

57 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Edler redeems himself, and Horvat shows why he's the captain.

Boeser had a great game, and Petey is the GOAT Canucks rookie.

6 minutes ago, Stelar said:

I really am happy that TG is sitting Poo to give good ice time to Sautner, Boisbois, and Schenn 

The above quotes capture the main positives from tonight. For me, the key points are:

1. Most important, EP breaks Bure's rookie scoring record. Great to see. When they were tied, Bure has the edge because he has more goals, but now there is no questions. EP is on top (and he should add a few more points to his record.)

2. For me, the second highlight was seeing Demko play well. Frankly, I want to see the Canucks get a high draft pick and there should be some very good players available in the 6 to 8 range. I think it thins out after that. But I was happy for Demko to get the win with a good performance.

3. Boeser played well and so did Edler. Yes, he made a mistake on the second Chicago goal, but he was rock again tonight, although he had a light workload with "only" 26 minutes.

4. Actually, the whole D played well. The Hawks were credited with only 5 high danger scoring chances. That is a low number and it means the D was doing a good job. Edler is leader, and I have been a fan of Stecher all year, and he does not get enough credit. But Biega, Sautner, Briseboie and Schenn all did well. 

5. Now that the Canucks are on a  2-game winning streak, I would not expect lineup changes for Wednesday (except that Marky will go back in). People want Goldy to get another chance and Baertsch may be ready. But I would let Baertschi rest for the rest of the season and, as for Goldy. it is hard to find a spot for him right now, There in no point in playing him the bottom six, and Leivo does a better on the top line with Boeser and EP than Goldy does.

6. Speaking of the EP line, they were dominant tonight. With Boeser on the ice, the Canucks outshot Chicago 15-4. WIth EP it was "only" 13-4. Leivo was 11-4.  I am not sure Leivo is good enough to allow Boeser and EP to play to their full potential in the long run, but he is doing a pretty good job at present. The fact that the Canucks have won two games in a row does not change the fact that the Canucks need another high end winger if they want to build a good team.

Demko looks better with every game.

not missing poopoo or softer. 

Brock ep bo demko gaudette JV saunter bries. Nice to see all  the young guys playing. 

Hope we stay the coarse and build with drafts not over paid ufas. 

Maybe add a few more picks with some of the unneeded vets. 

10 minutes ago, Darth Canuck said:

for the distinguished Canucks fan after a game like tonight...(saw at YVR duty free)

68BA3971-E9E1-440A-B94E-DB29F81573CB.jpeg

Alf is now drinking straight from the bottle.  Screw the glass,  glasses are for th3 blind.  Winners during fro the bottle.  What is this dh*t I’m drinking anyway?  :lol:

1 hour ago, DonaldBrashear said:

3-0-1 in our last 4 games.

Now we have 7 home games in a row.

Playoffs... possible???!!!!

Playoffs definitely not possible but I wouldn't be surprised if we win all 7 and destroy those lottery odds. 

Whatever... Jim doesn't need a top 10 pick. 

Wouldn't be surprised if he drafts a superstar at 14th overall. 

If we were gonna win both tonight and Dallas I just wish we didn't go OT and didn't give these two teams full of scum bags that loser point... Well they are losers. 

Edler and Brock AAV continue to soar lol 

Archived