Sign in to follow this  
10pavelbure96

Telus or shaw for cable/internet? Which do you prefer and why?

Telus/Shaw  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 hours ago, Russ said:

Go to a stall and talk to them, generally they have better prices.  I went with a 3rd party that pulls their internet from Shaw and cut the cable myself just because Shaw only does my area and I wasn't paying the stupid cable prices.

I'll give a stall a shot, thanks ;) Yeah, we're tempted to cut cable too. Only really ever use it for hockey. Telus managed to keep me around with the $77 price for internet + TV (hockey) but at $89, $129 and $189...Shaw can take their cable service and F off :lol:

18 hours ago, inane said:

they both suck, but telus customer service is what forced me to switch to shaw. they were beyond inept.4

I find Telus' problem is more a left hand/right hand issue. The left hand (customer service reps) seems to have a major disconnect with their right hand (installation/tech guys). They have a sizable, internal communication issue IMO. They're quite friendly about it though!:lol:

But once you get through that to a working system at the prices you were promised, the actual service/product itself is quite good IMO and again the reps are friendly/helpful.

Edit:

Eww...just checked and I have to risk my life and head in to the terrifying depths of Richmond for the closest Shaw stall apparently :wacko:

Edited by aGENT

On 3/19/2019 at 4:07 PM, Shekky said:

Shaw No Cap on Downloading now and 600MB/s download my biggest complaint is the $&!#ty 20 Mb/s Upload

well I have telus 150 download and 150 upload with no cap. Telus has better speeds as I have FTTH, much better than shared connection of shaw cable internet

• Upvote 1

I've managed bulk accounts with both. Shaw is far better customer service and far more prompt if you need a call out.