The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 03/20/2019 Ottawa Senators vs Vancouver Canucks - Diary of a Sens Fan

Twilight Sparkle

2 minutes ago, FijianCanuck said:

He'd have to get in a practice. Saturday would be more possible.

I wouldn’t think a practice is necessary. He’s been hanging with the team for a bit now, and call ups often don’t get a practice in, so it wouldn’t seem critical.

34 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Kamloops Blazers were 7 points back of the final playoff spot in the WHL with 7 games remaining

They went 6-0-1 without their # 1 goalie and had a 16YO in net for the the pressure packed tie break game last night with Kelowna, won and are in the show!

Canucks are 6 points back with 9 games remaining, so apparently miracles can happen?!

Not gonna happen. 

48 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Kamloops Blazers were 7 points back of the final playoff spot in the WHL with 7 games remaining

They went 6-0-1 without their # 1 goalie and had a 16YO in net for the the pressure packed tie break game last night with Kelowna, won and are in the show!

Canucks are 6 points back with 9 games remaining, so apparently miracles can happen?!

Unless I’m reading it wrong, 8 of the 10 teams in the Western Conference make the postseason in the WHL.  That doesn’t apply to us as we have to leapfrog over more teams to make it to a wildcard spot.  Yes, I am the party pooper.:P

Ottawa doesn't want to give Colorado the best odds and have won a couple.

Vancouver is still trying to get points every game.

Lots of young guys full of adrenaline with Ottawa winning as many games or more than the carefully slowly built Canucks.

I figured the Nucks would win 4 games awhile back, they have won three, one I didn't expect but then the Canucks are not playing to win, they are playing to get to OT or not lose, makes it easier because both teams will want a sure point this was one of the games is expected them to win.

The games are becoming very boring.

19 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

My question is can we see Teves in this game. Gotta give the guy a look to see what he have. 

The coaches see him in practice, they will know if he's ready or not. Now isn't the best time to put people in just to see what we have. Maybe when we are officially out.

Got a suite tonight as a treat for our management team.

Very excited.

Hope the fans are loud and show their appreciation for EP and his awesome accomplishment in his rookie season.

The future for this team is as bright as this lovely first day of spring here in Vancouver.

Happy spring CDC.

Go Nucks!

11 minutes ago, wildwood12 said:

They should rename the Canucks the Vancouver Orcas with that silly logo on the front of their Jersey.

No no,

Don't you know your history?

The name Canuck comes from pilot that was actually the first killer whale to ever graduate from flight school. He then went on to have a career as a logger before he opened a coffee shop on Main St.

The logo and name make perfect sense.

Thanks, convo closed.

13 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Haha TSN even when TO loses they make it seem like they won. Check this out on the TSN highlight board...says 3-0 for TO after they got whooped by Nashville tonight :rolleyes: gotta love that cool aid they drink over there...

BE5173F7-9514-417F-89BE-ED149A763622.jpeg

So much denial.  They're programmed...I'm surprised they didn't give details about the parade.

Stoked for each and every game.  Win or lose, love this team and some of the things they've shown us this year.  Really want Petey to finish strong because the team's morale is lifted when that happens.  Everyone gets excited about playing.

(I guess I really AM a homer...still have my official 7th (wo)man flag at home.  Derp)

29 minutes ago, wildwood12 said:

They should rename the Canucks the Vancouver Orcas with that silly logo on the front of their Jersey.

I'm quite proud of that logo.  As someone who really cherishes orcas and, especially at a time when they possibly face grave danger, I love it.

35 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

No no,

Don't you know your history?

The name Canuck comes from pilot that was actually the first killer whale to ever graduate from flight school. He then went on to have a career as a logger before he opened a coffee shop on Main St.

The logo and name make perfect sense.

Thanks, convo closed.

Thank you! I didn’t know the history of the name. Thank you for filling me in.

28 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I'm quite proud of that logo.  As someone who really cherishes orcas and, especially at a time when they possibly face grave danger, I love it.

Exactly my point. I agree with you Deb, we should rename the team the Vancouver Orcas. Case closed.

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

"Silly logo".  We are all Canucks.

Bruins= B for logo

Maple Leafs = maple leaf for logo

Canucks = orca for logo , Fin for mascot, orca bay corporate logo

As I said rename the team Vancouver Orcas, the other way is silly. Case closed

Archived