The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 03/20/2019 Ottawa Senators vs Vancouver Canucks - Diary of a Sens Fan

Twilight Sparkle

7 hours ago, shiznak said:

This has to be one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever read on this board, and I’ve read a lot of stupid things on here. You can’t even fathom comparing the two incidents.

Bertuzzi preemptively tracked Moore on the ice and wanted to fight him. Moore decline after already fighting Cooke. So, Bertuzzi tugged on his jersey and strikes him, knocking him out cold. 

Wait what? With all due respect I think your post is far more ridiculous than mine. 

Duncan Keith shot a flying elbow... With the steel like elbow pad into the head of Daniel Sedin. Daniel was never the same after that. PS Daniel was the leagues REIGNING MVP... he did NOTHING to deserve that malicious attack. Never in his career did he even do anything dirty. 

As for Steve... You certainly can't say he didn't deserve to be targeted. At the time, Steve was a 4th line plug that went after Naslund... Guess what? Naslund was the reigning MVP... (Lester Pearson winner at the time) 

Bertuzzi didn't take off his glove... Yes he smashed Moore's head in to the ice, but you can bet your life if the Avalanche player #11 doesn't jump on top and pile up even more pressure to Steve's neck, the severity of Steve's injury would be no where near as bad. Steve's career wouldn't have ended either. 

Listen, it's extremely unfortunate what happened to Steve. I wish #11 didn't jump on top of Bert and Steve's injury wasn't that severe and he could come back and play the next season... But if you're comparing incidents, yes the Keith attack was far more malicious than Bert standing up for his best friend and leagues reigning MVP as decided by the NHLPA. 

Daniel is probably one of the cleanest players of all time. He was targeted when he didn't have the puck by a scumbag, sexist, POS, garbage human being (Keith) 

Markus, just like Daniel... Was an impeccable class act and never had a dirty play all his career... Steve was a 4th liner who targeted the leagues reigning MVP and wouldn't stand up for his actions and got cheap shotted. 

You're saying Daniel saw it coming but Steve didn't? 

Keith should have been suspended for the year including playoffs. Vancouver missed their MVP for the most important games and had a quick exit from the playoffs. 

My blood always boils over this. 

* again I'd like to say, I hate what happened to Moore. It's extremely unfortunate and wish he never got hurt like he did.

1 hour ago, apollo said:

Wait what? With all due respect I think your post is far more ridiculous than mine. 

Duncan Keith shot a flying elbow... With the steel like elbow pad into the head of Daniel Sedin. Daniel was never the same after that. PS Daniel was the leagues REIGNING MVP... he did NOTHING to deserve that malicious attack. Never in his career did he even do anything dirty. 

As for Steve... You certainly can't say he didn't deserve to be targeted. At the time, Steve was a 4th line plug that went after Naslund... Guess what? Naslund was the reigning MVP... (Lester Pearson winner at the time) 

Bertuzzi didn't take off his glove... Yes he smashed Moore's head in to the ice, but you can bet your life if the Avalanche player #11 doesn't jump on top and pile up even more pressure to Steve's neck, the severity of Steve's injury would be no where near as bad. Steve's career wouldn't have ended either. 

Listen, it's extremely unfortunate what happened to Steve. I wish #11 didn't jump on top of Bet and Steve's injury wasn't that severe and he could come back and play the next season... But if you're comparing incidents, yes the Keith attack was far more malicious than Bert standing up for his best friend and leagues reigning MVP as decided by the NHLPA. 

Daniel is probably one of the cleanest players of all time. He was targeted when he didn't have the puck by a scumbag, sexist, POS, garbage human being (Keith) 

Markus, just like Daniel... Was an impeccable class act and never had a dirty play all his career... Steve was a 4th liner who targeted the leagues reigning MVP and wouldn't stand up for his actions and got cheap shotted. 

You're saying Daniel saw it coming but Steve didn't? 

Keith should have been suspended for the year including playoffs. Vancouver missed their MVP for the most important games and had a quick exit from the playoffs. 

My blood always boils over this. 

* again I'd like to say, I hate what happened to Moore. It's extremely unfortunate and wish he never got hurt like he did.

Bertuzzi was using his words & tugging upon Moore’s jersey to let him know of his intentions. After being paraded out upon the ice all night like bait to the ire of everyone in the stands and on the Canucks bench, by Colorado’s coach, ...Moore knew why he was there & also that Bert wanted to fight him...but he continued to disrespectfully ignore the man. Infuriated further, Bert punched Moore’s helmeted head with his gloved hand & Moore went down. Bert’s feet got caught-up in their sticks as well & while entangled & off-balance Bert fell atop Moore, as did several of Moore’s dog-piling teammates. Moore’s injuries were a result of a series of unfortunate events, precipitated by Bertuzzi, but he was NOT the sole cause nor was it the  result Bert had intended. Bert had surely hoped to see the whites of his eyes & then have a scrap. That gloved swat was to have been an attention-getter, because Moore didn’t even have the courage or accountability to answer Bert’s challenge with easy  words of acknowledgement. Can’t equate this to Duncan Keith’s style of  predatory behaviour. Keith has always been a malicious head-hunter shielded  from proper justice by an O-6 team for years, BEFORE being suspended for blind-siding & targeting Daniel Sedin. And then - he only received a brief 6 game rest BEFORE the play-offs began. Canucks could not start their play-offs with Daniel & shockingly went out in the 1st round though battling back when he returned. 

BTW: Moore’s greed & disingenuousness also became pretty apparent to his fellow union bros over time. His propaganda/concussion-help/awareness web-cite denounced  mainly Bertuzzi with graphic headlines (out of Colorado) at first, and was  launched shortly before the mega-lawsuit reached court & it draws flies. Naslund coped with his injuries with far more dignity, although he was  never the same again, either. He kept a stiff upper lip & tried very hard not to villify Moore to any extent, unlike how Moore sought revenge upon Bert. Nazzy was a class act & far from a greedy man. Moore also claimed he was not employable & that he could not function in ways that others saw that he clearly could! His own brother left the game due to concussion-syndrome & gained his own fame more reputably by writing a book(s). From afar Steve Moore seemed to be aiming high for that humongous settlement & by questionable & seemingly entitled means. The real victims out there, were frankly insulted by this. Canucks nation has objected to this early narrative of the ’Bertuzzi incident’ from the start. It’s taken a generation to see things in a more proper perspective. As with many things - time has revealed the character of everyone involved. Someday, someone will write a proper book with all of these  revelations. Not that the NHL will allow it anytime soon. Likely there are non-disclosure agreements. Wait for it tho! Cheers to the truth!

4 hours ago, oldnews said:

Curious claim.

So I searched it.....

and you didn't mention either of them in a post until less than a month ago.

Play youth, play youth. Is he part of the youth movement?

14 hours ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Winning culture starts now, not all at once in the future, too many here expect our draft selections to be the future, the future starts now with our current selections playing for us now.

We still need at least 2 major pieces, both can be filled in a single draft if our picks are high enough. I have no worries about the competitiveness of guys like Bo, Brock, Petey, and Hughes, they are gamers and play for keeps. 

Archived