The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 03/20/2019 Ottawa Senators vs Vancouver Canucks - Diary of a Sens Fan

Twilight Sparkle

6 hours ago, ohmy said:

It may still be a long shot but having hope cost you nothing other than being positive. Canucks win tonight and were 4 points out with 8 games to go. 

Shows how much every game matters.  If they had beaten the Coyotes last game, they'd only be 2 behind right now.

2 hours ago, Mrwipeout said:

Game day, 2 teams tanking like theres no tomorrow!

Not been keeping up with current events?

It's no surprise some of TSN's best Annalists are in Danger of losing their jobs this summer. Their draft projections and play-off predictions at best mirror the average fan for accuracy. The rumors they start look more like job hunting than journalism. They seldom cover sports but rather try to meddle with the decisions and outcomes. They try to stir the pot on every decision the NHL makes and seldom do a good job outside of Toronto, for hockey. And they seem to be behind every rumor negative about the Canucks. My source is wrong quite often but seems to be a reliable source.

I am going on the limb and I am going to name me as my source! So now that it is on the internet it must be right.   

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

A GM worth the salary knows how to be diplomatic. Benning doesn't so I would cut his salary to 10 percent and spend the money on players instead. 

Why should Benning listen to neanderthal fan(atics)? 

Benning is not diplomatic?  He got Sam Gagne a new team, and lent him to another team so he could play close to home in the minors.

DAHLEN YOUR HERO ASKED OUT. And Benning obliged.

Calling people neanderthals is about as far from diplomatic as you can get.

Spread rhumours or whatever you call it. 

Bennings attitude will cost the club because he will have to pay  more to get, par example EK. 

Calling Benning undiplomatic is spreading rumors.

Well, do you know what it means to look objectively on a matter? 

Do you?  You are myopic.  And a hypocrite.  I don't do this very often, especially on this forum, but I am going to put you on ignore.

giphy.gif

Anyone thinking Jim Benning is in danger of losing his job is nuts. The Canucks are ahead of the curve and look to be heading in the right direction. Aside from some posters on CDC making claims Edmonton and Ottawa are far worse off. We had a way better year this year than last. And one could argue if we were healthy we would have at least 8-10 more points. I know you can't use injuries as excuses and none are being made. But I have watched a lot of exciting hockey this year.

Petey's 5 point nights, his first hat trick, and turning into a first line center! I would take that over watching another declining aging has een hockey team. Sorry Anaheim Chicago.  

REFEREES

Trevor Hanson #14 Francois St. Laurent #38
  TH14.jpg FL38.jpg
Games 18-19 66 56
Career Games 316 731
First NHL Game 10/24/13 11/10/05
Birthplace Richmond, BC Greenfield Park, QC

LINESMEN

James Tobias #61 Travis Gawryletz #67
  JT61.jpg TG67.jpg
Games 18-19 36 67
Career Games 56 94
First NHL Game 11/22/17 11/8/17
Birthplace Buffalo, NY Trail, BC

1 minute ago, cory40 said:

Anyone thinking Jim Benning is in danger of losing his job is nuts. The Canucks are ahead of the curve and look to be heading in the right direction. Aside from some posters on CDC making claims Edmonton and Ottawa are far worse off. We had a way better year this year than last. And one could argue if we were healthy we would have at least 8-10 more points. I know you can't use injuries as excuses and none are being made. But I have watched a lot of exciting hockey this year.

Petey's 5 point nights, his first hat trick, and turning into a first line center! I would take that over watching another declining aging has een hockey team. Sorry Anaheim Chicago.  

These guys were given a glimpse of what is to come.

BEWARE.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, xereau said:

Benning is not diplomatic?  He got Sam Gagne a new team, and lent him to another team so he could play close to home in the minors.

DAHLEN YOUR HERO ASKED OUT. And Benning obliged.

Calling people neanderthals is about as far from diplomatic as you can get.

Calling belling undiplomatic is spreading rumors.

Do you?  You are myopic.  And a hypocrite.  I don't do this very often, especially on this forum, but I am going to put you on ignore.

Benning should have used other words and it's irrelevant who it is. Now it was a player I liked to see together with Petey. Therefore you talk about hypocracy... Remember that when I defend another player from a canadian club. Do you call it hypocracy in that case also? 

I think Benning is ok with drafting but that isn't the same as to work as a GM. A GM is much more than drafting players... 

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

OMG Trevor Hanson again!  He better get it right or I'm calling him out via his Dad (my brother's golf partner) again.

Come on dude, just be fair.  It's all I ask.

He looks like his is sitting in a poopy diaper.  No?

50 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

I think more the oponents have given some form of inspiration. Those teams that battle for playoffs have been motivated and driven and those factors inspire other teams to play well. If 2 teams that are tanking face eachother im not so sure what type of game there will be. Anyone playing the game will want to win, but id guess the team least tired will have the edge during these circumstances. Why sacrifice an arm and a leg when u only play to "wrap up the season"?

A lot of these players are wired to win and not only that; for some, how they perform over the last games of the season may very well determine if they are even on the team next year.

14 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Let’s see if the kids are running out of gas now, late in the season. 

82 games is a brutal grind.

I’d rather they went back to 60 or something. 

Play your guts out every shift like the NFL. 

Yes I agree, playing hockey in may and June is ridiculous...but the greedy NHL..... 

4 hours ago, Squamfan said:

PER TMZ 1040

The media in Vancouver are wannabees.  They move up if they get to go to Toronto so they all suck up to head office and the Toronto sports machine by bashing Vancouver management and ownership.

Yuck.

I like Benning and the work he has done.  This rumor is from Toronto and shouldn't even be worthy to listen to.  It's just a garbage time.  I believe that we should let him finish the work and he is about 1/2 way to the completion of being a cup contender.   Most of his draft picks are young and are not even entering into the prime.   Even if we win the lottery, we are still far away off and let him continue to build this team via the draft.   If Benning is gone, I would no longer support this team due to jerk move decision based on result.   I truly believe that without the injury bug struck on this team, we are a playoff team and we can clearly see that the depth is not there but is getting there.   I would give him about 2-3 years but not before that.  Benning has given us hope for a playoff team and actually competing for a playoff by playing a meaningful games by February which he has done that.  There is no reason to make that move.

Archived