The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The UCP Alberta Government - Threatens to Turn off Oil Taps

DonLever

On 4/19/2019 at 2:11 PM, DonLever said:

While it is true no one wants a refinery next to them, the main reason why no new refineries is being built is the cost.   It cost billions to build them and it will take decades to pay off the cost.

The BC government say all cars sold by 2040 must be electric so why would anyone build a refinery when gas will no longer be needed?

Do you seriously think refineries are only for gas? Probably want to google petroleum byproducts

• Upvote 3

Great to read about intelligent people now standing up for our planet and climate change.

What are the good people of Alberta prepared to do ? 

Can Albertans slowly move /  shift from driving F 350's to F 250's  around town ?

I realize that for Alberta families....  using / driving a  F 150 would of course be too dramatic a change in Albertan lifestyle as it just would not have the engine capacity  / cab size that  most families need for groceries... / out to mall etc...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/canoeing/48010468

• Cheers 1

On 4/22/2019 at 3:09 PM, kingofsurrey said:

Great to read about intelligent people now standing up for our planet and climate change.

What are the good people of Alberta prepared to do ? 

You want to talk about intelligent people, how about bill gates

Now if people really wanted to flex their brains they'd recognized the goal isn't just to transition away from oil, it's to find solutions to accommodate it. Why fight a losing cause without  viable replacements, why not instead come up with a solution to to coexist.  Like companies such as shell quest, carbon engineering and Climeworks are currently doing to capture co2 emissions. 

Now I know you're not the type to ever do the research into understanding these things so I thought i'd help you out.  Sorry I couldn't find a book with pop up pictures hopefully these videos will do

Quest

Spoiler

Carbon Engineering

Spoiler

Climeworks

Spoiler

#winning

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

You want to talk about intelligent people, how about bill gates

Now I know you're not the type to ever do the research into understanding these things so I thought i'd help you out.  Sorry I couldn't find a book with pop up pictures hopefully these videos will do

Reveal hidden contents

#winning

Looks like you are feeling guilty. 

When your current F 350 warranty expires get a F 250 ... then you can sleep better at night.

Only drive across Alberta to 2 tractor pull contests this summer instead of the usual 6 Tractor Pulls you attend...

Small things you can do will make a difference....

Edited by kingofsurrey

3 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Looks like you are feeling guilty. 

When your current F 350 warranty expires get a F 250 ... then you can sleep better at night.

Only drive across Alberta to 2 tractor pull contests this summer instead of the usual 6 Tractor Pulls you attend...

Small things you can do will make a difference....

I'm starting to agree with @canuckistani about you and your concern for the environment. Ftg showed you very environmentally friendly initiatives and you ramble on about pick ups.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Looks like Kenney is going to have to get the pipeline going....

...how else is he going to cover the Spring Snow Removal budget? B)

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/weather/topstories/albertans-wake-up-to-heavy-snow-second-winter-saturday/ar-BBWlLYr?li=AAggNb9&ocid=wispr

Snow in may is nothing new.it snows in august in banff.

Just now, Violator said:

Snow in may is nothing new.it snows in august in banff.

I've seen it first hand...

Worst I ever saw was in mid-May in Brandon. We got to town on Sunday and it was bright and sunny....shirt sleeve weather. By Wednesday, there was 3 ft of snow on the ground and everything in town ground to a halt.

Luckily, they managed to get it cleared up by Sunday, so we could move on to the next gig.

7 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Worst I ever saw was in mid-May in Brandon. We got to town on Sunday and it was bright and sunny....shirt sleeve weather. By Wednesday, there was 3 ft of snow on the ground and everything in town ground to a halt.

Luckily, they managed to get it cleared up by Sunday, so we could move on to the next gig.

One of the things i liked about calgary -20 and a foot of snow on the way to work in the morning.Head home plus 10 and patio weather.

Makes leo look like an idiot.

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Where was that? Phoenix, Arizona and than all the way to Tacoma?

20 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Looks like Kenney is going to have to get the pipeline going....

...how else is he going to cover the Spring Snow Removal budget? B)

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/weather/topstories/albertans-wake-up-to-heavy-snow-second-winter-saturday/ar-BBWlLYr?li=AAggNb9&ocid=wispr

Pretty sure The Night King visited my neighborhood last night

2 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

Pretty sure The Night King visited my neighborhood last night

I like to poke fun at prairie weather, (thanks in part to the several years I spent on the road there) but this is nothing to joke about:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/several-injured-some-seriously-in-bus-crash-in-blizzard-conditions/ar-BBWneDC?li=AAggXBV

Mounties from the Cochrane, Alta., detachment say several people were hurt last night when a bus crashed into a ditch and rolled over.

Police say the bus was eastbound on Highway 1 with 15 people on board when it hit the ditch east of Highway 22 around 6 p.m.  The bus had been travelling from Lake Louise to Calgary.

They say several people were taken to hospital with minor to serious injuries — but none life-threatening.

Cpl. Ronald Bumbry said part of the group had to be taken to hospital by emergency services personnel, and others were transported by police. EMS had been delayed due to the extreme weather conditions at the time, including high winds and blowing snow.  

Cochrane RCMP officers were also called to the scene of another crash on Highway 1 near Jumping Pound last night that involved four tractor-trailers and 11 other vehicles. 

With the Humboldt tragedy only a year past, this kind of thing really hits home. Hopefully everyone will be okay.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I like to poke fun at prairie weather, (thanks in part to the several years I spent on the road there) but this is nothing to joke about:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/several-injured-some-seriously-in-bus-crash-in-blizzard-conditions/ar-BBWneDC?li=AAggXBV

With the Humboldt tragedy only a year past, this kind of thing really hits home. Hopefully everyone will be okay.

It was nasty.

I cancelled a get together because of the storm. I'm glad I did.

Another Canadian Hero 

Anyone that stands up for climate change is a HERO to most canadians..... 

Time for action is now .  The more bitumen that stays in the ground the better off we ( and our grandkids / future grand kids grand kids )  will all be

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/protester-71-once-again-climbs-tree-to-stop-trans-mountain-pipeline-expansion

3 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Another Canadian Hero 

Anyone that stands up for climate change is a HERO to most canadians..... 

Time for action is now .  The more bitumen that stays in the ground the better off we ( and our grandkids / future grand kids grand kids )  will all be

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/protester-71-once-again-climbs-tree-to-stop-trans-mountain-pipeline-expansion

Says the guy who drives a car running on fossil fuel, hell-bent on denying it to poorer people than himself. 

• Upvote 1