The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The UCP Alberta Government - Threatens to Turn off Oil Taps

DonLever

10 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

The carbon tax? I think Alberta will win. If we don't both the ucp and fcp would take steps to end equalization with DF going as far as saying he would call a referendum. There is a real wave in Alberta to have Alberta to be  more autonomous and similar to Quebec. 

Legal experts have weighed in and have said the provinces will lose that fight because it IS within the power of the feds.  See the GST

10 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Glad I keep you guessing.

You have constantly stated you supported the best candidate not necessarily the ndp. However when it doesn't fit you flip it.

By the way none of what you said were facts. You claimed ucp was bad ndp good so again your opinion aren't facts.

You don't keep me guessing, we don't see eye to eye politically but then you act like a child mouthing crap like "enjoy voting for jaghmeet"

Yes I am if still here in the Okanagan voting for the best candidate, this candidate happens to be in the NDP.  If the Conservatives could ever field a good candidate I would consider it but they haven't had one since Albas and he was moved 2 years in to his term

Actually, I posted fairly credible facts as well as their entire 4 year record.  You are claiming I didn't?  It's like right there to see.

10 hours ago, DonLever said:

It is easy to see why the debt has ballooned to 44 billion when  you look at the list of 258 things "accomplished" by the NDP.   Almost all of them involved spending money.

That is the problem with all left wing parties.  They all spend like drunken sailors with no regards to the fiscal situation.   Lets face it; playing Santa Claus is easy.  Any fool can can do it.    Balancing the budget is hard.

Yes, they've added $33 billion in 4 years.  No doubt it's scary.  But of those 258 things they've done, many of them were very essential as many had been ignored by the province for over 15 years.  When you ignore your house eventually you will have to spend money to repair it no?

What is really frightening is how after 50 years of PC rule, in the 3rd largest safe reserves in the world that the province was left broke, $11 billion in debt and hadn't saved much of anything for a rainy day.  When people say Notley has spent so much, why do they never factor that in?

it's much like Kenney's current platform.  It is almost entirely based on praying oil money comes back.  if it doesn't he's slashed services and spent as much as Notley.  Her plan is spending the same amount as Kenney but isn't cutting services.

Why are those facts never brought in to the spending argument?

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Yes, they've added $33 billion in 4 years.  No doubt it's scary.  But of those 258 things they've done, many of them were very essential as many had been ignored by the province for over 15 years.  When you ignore your house eventually you will have to spend money to repair it no?

What is really frightening is how after 50 years of PC rule, in the 3rd largest safe reserves in the world that the province was left broke, $11 billion in debt and hadn't saved much of anything for a rainy day.  When people say Notley has spent so much, why do they never factor that in?

it's much like Kenney's current platform.  It is almost entirely based on praying oil money comes back.  if it doesn't he's slashed services and spent as much as Notley.  Her plan is spending the same amount as Kenney but isn't cutting services.

Why are those facts never brought in to the spending argument?

Actually that is the ndp idea for balancing the budget. They're predicting insane oil revenue.

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

@Warhippy what the hell was ignored for 15 years?

Alberta has the best everything. 

Btw on your carbon tax argument... Trudeau will likely lose and Scheer has promised to scrap it

Trudeau light has to actually win something first.

You're looking at a field where the most qualified leader is Elizabeth May and where aside from the optics the current employment and economic history over the last 4 years isn't all that bad.

So Scheer can promise anything he wants, if he doesn't win it's a moot point.  But I'll listen to the same legal experts who said the provinces couldn't fight the GST or this carbon tax for the same reason over a seemingly bi polar poster on a hockey forum

12 hours ago, Warhippy said:

People asked what has the NDP done for Alerta, someone compiled a list of 258 things the NDP has done for Alberta in 4 years.  The most important of which is taking a faltering economy and projecting it from middle of the country to top 2 in the nation with projected numbers to lead the nation again in growth.  Pretty impressive, cannot find 20 things Kenney did while MP for a decade

Haha that’s one pathetic list.

for example 

-apologized to residential schools

- Started construction on a project introduced by the other party.

- forced farmers to add WCB (not many farmers were happy with that)

-shut down Hanna (yep not another positive)

-extended bar hours for World Cup (cool upc did that for the 2014 Olympics too. 

Real accomplishments. There’s a reason only one of the 258 list has a source accredited to it. But hey it adds to the numbers. Might as well add to the accomplishment that she eventually figured out the correct way to wear a cowboy hat. Chalk it up, 259. 

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Watching Strome defend the voodoo economics of Kenney's platform has been enjoyable.  Considering the shade he threw my way about how "biased" I was.  Nice.

keep-going-dont-stop-we-have-nice-show-here-popcorn-meme.jpg

mumble mumble mumble something defend Trudeau vote Singh 

13 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Haha that’s one pathetic list.

for example 

-apologized to residential schools

- Started construction on a project introduced by the other party.

- forced farmers to add WCB (not many farmers were happy with that)

-shut down Hanna (yep not another positive)

-extended bar hours for World Cup (cool upc did that for the 2014 Olympics too. 

Real accomplishments. There’s a reason only one of the 258 list has a source accredited to it. But hey it adds to the numbers. Might as well add to the accomplishment that she eventually figured out the correct way to wear a cowboy hat. Chalk it up, 259. 

I noticed you focused entirely on the non material and more social aspects of things.  That figures.

Get back to me when you can speak of the economic, and not just the spending but also the before and post Notley term as well.  Then explain how and why Kenney's plan is better when it cuts everything but spends the same amount

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I posted their platforms one page back.  I suggest re-reading them

I don't need to I have seen them. Maybe you should actually read them. The ndp getting back to balance budget essentially requires a war between Iran and Arabia. 

Anyone can put together a budget it's if it makes sense is the question. The ndp has proven 4 times their budgets don't make sense.

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I don't need to I have seen them. Maybe you should actually read them. The ndp getting back to balance budget essentially requires a war between Iran and Arabia. 

Anyone can put together a budget it's if it makes sense is the question. The ndp has proven 4 times their budgets don't make sense.

Again you haven't answered anything

You ignore the simple facts.

You ignore the history literally up to the date the NDP took power.

You only concentrate on the immediate moment the NDp took power to now

You ignore the platforms entirely and have not once spoken about the plans for growth.

You have not once spoken of or justified why Kenney spending as much as the NDP but cutting everything is acceptable, only that the NDP is spending and not what it is spending on.

Until you address these endless bouts of ignoring the issues man you're little more than a partisan waste.  You haven't looked at their platforms or you'd be asking some pretty important questions.  

47 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Watching Strome defend the voodoo economics of Kenney's platform has been enjoyable.  Considering the shade he threw my way about how "biased" I was.  Nice.

keep-going-dont-stop-we-have-nice-show-here-popcorn-meme.jpg

You hate anything that isn't far left. An overwhelming majority in Alberta support ucp policies. The left is losing everywhere and people like you still don't get it. Look at Canada, you have the left in BC problem is they didn't even win an election. It's so funny constantly hearing the minority saying the majority is wrong, but I guess that's why you aren't a big fan of democracy.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I noticed you focused entirely on the non material and more social aspects of things.  That figures.

Get back to me when you can speak of the economic, and not just the spending but also the before and post Notley term as well.  Then explain how and why Kenney's plan is better when it cuts everything but spends the same amount

What is the ucp cutting? Please answer.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Trudeau light has to actually win something first.

You're looking at a field where the most qualified leader is Elizabeth May and where aside from the optics the current employment and economic history over the last 4 years isn't all that bad.

So Scheer can promise anything he wants, if he doesn't win it's a moot point.  But I'll listen to the same legal experts who said the provinces couldn't fight the GST or this carbon tax for the same reason over a seemingly bi polar poster on a hockey forum

If anyone is bi polar it's you. You attack anyone who doesn't praise the ndp. Thanks again for not answer my question. The ndp can't even win in BC..

That's pretty pathetic.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Again you haven't answered anything

You ignore the simple facts.

You ignore the history literally up to the date the NDP took power.

You only concentrate on the immediate moment the NDp took power to now

You ignore the platforms entirely and have not once spoken about the plans for growth.

You have not once spoken of or justified why Kenney spending as much as the NDP but cutting everything is acceptable, only that the NDP is spending and not what it is spending on.

Until you address these endless bouts of ignoring the issues man you're little more than a partisan waste.  You haven't looked at their platforms or you'd be asking some pretty important questions.  

You are the partisan waste. You don't live here yet you need a chance to praise your tax and spend ndp. You keep spewing the same nonsense as if that makes you feel superior. Cutting the corporate tax rate will create growth. It's the ndp plan that has no growth projections. As far as answering things, you haven't answered anything. Maybe leave this up to us partisan hack.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

If anyone is bi polar it's you. You attack anyone who doesn't praise the ndp. Thanks again for not answer my question. The ndp can't even win in BC..

That's pretty pathetic.

lol no I don't.  I attack the ignorance in people who refuse to read a platform then claim they've read a platform yet then ask about basic information such as "what are they cutting"

I will always attack people for being ignorant and stupid.  Always have.  Because in a day and age of instant information there is no excuse for being stupid or ignorant about anything

So here his there platform again

https://www.albertastrongandfree.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Alberta-Strong-and-Free-Platform-1.pdf

So I'll ask.  

4% cut in corporate taxes estimated to cost $4.5 billion.  Where will the lost money come from?

Promises to scrap carbon tax and fight feds on it.  Who will pay for the court fight, what will he do when the feds win and $1.4 billion per year leaves the province?

Cutting education

Cutting healthcare

Cutting workers benefits and protected OT

Cutting infrastructure spending

Granting bursaries to energy companies

Like come on man, you can read their platform and if you have a basic understanding on how to search for things online you can find so many reports that prove their statements wrong with decades of data behind them.  They are promising a lot, but giving very VERY little information on how it will be achieved.  We saw that under Harper, what we saw was actual job losses and degradation of wages, benefits and job quality.  

https://www.stats.gov.nl.ca/Statistics/Labour/PDF/UnempRate.pdf

Don't pretend that you can't look these facts up man, just be honest and say you won't look these facts up because you know the numbers don't support Kenney in any way.  Will he win?  Ya, of course he will.  Will he screw the province harder than Notley?  Ha yup; without question.  You don't create 10 new holes and only promise to plug 2 without tanking your ship.

12 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Answer hip. I'm calling out your BS. So answer away partisan hack.

Just did cupcake.  Read up.  If you'd read their platform you'd have a leg to stand on.  Instead you look like an oilers team without mcjesus out here