The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The UCP Alberta Government - Threatens to Turn off Oil Taps

DonLever

5 hours ago, canuckistani said:

So invest more in clean electricity trains before whining about oil. Whether you consume it to drive your cars, heat your home or transport goods, the consumption is due to the lifestyle you choose. 

In terms of vehicular use, Canada is still in the top 10-20% polluters per capita in the world. Rest of the world, especially Europe, Asia, Africa and South America, are not so drive-happy like we are. 

Europe has smaller distances to deal with. Asia is incredibly vehicle happy. South America too. 

4 hours ago, canuckistani said:

It isn't useless unless you believe that you are superior in your rights and more deserving of your wants than another individual. 

Per capita is the only valid metric of usage when comparing nations of 20-30 million people with nations of 1.5 billion people. Otherwise, China is richer than Canada and you have no basis of challenging it either, since China's gross GDP is many times that of Canada's. 

you are the only one on here spouting superiority. In terms of oil use, per capita means squat. What matters to the environment is total output of carbon. How much does China use, in total? more than anyone. Kind of blows your arrogance out of the water. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

4 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Perhaps he could grasp it if you put your info into an excel spreadsheet for him..... LOL 

I'm guessing someone's high school yearbook caption read "voted most likely to end up alone and angry." 

• Haha 1

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

Europe has smaller distances to deal with. Asia is incredibly vehicle happy. South America too. 

So you think Germany is 2x less dirty per capita just because its 'smaller' ? Asia and South America are incredibly vehicle happy for stuff like commuting. Not for disposable fun activities like road trips for 500 kms and such. Like I said, those who pollute the worst, have ZERO leg to stand on when it comes to sermonizing about pollution. 

1 minute ago, canuckistani said:

So you think Germany is 2x less dirty per capita just because its 'smaller' ? Asia and South America are incredibly vehicle happy for stuff like commuting. Not for disposable fun activities like road trips for 500 kms and such. Like I said, those who pollute the worst, have ZERO leg to stand on when it comes to sermonizing about pollution. 

total output of carbon champ. thats what matters. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you are the only one on here spouting superiority. In terms of oil use per capita means squat. How much does China use, in total? more than anyone. Kind of blows your arrogance out of the water. 

I sure would hope a nation of 1.5 billion use more than a nation of 37 million. It doesn't change the fact that Canadians are amongst the top 1% worst polluters individually, per person, on the planet and the average Canuck is far dirtier with oil than practically 99% of the planet. So Canadians talking against oil is as valid as the Soviets talking about human rights. Laughable, hypocritical comedy. 

Just now, canuckistani said:

I sure would hope a nation of 1.5 billion use more than a nation of 37 million. It doesn't change the fact that Canadians are amongst the top 1% worst polluters individually, per person, on the planet and the average Canuck is far dirtier with oil than practically 99% of the planet. So Canadians talking against oil is as valid as the Soviets talking about human rights. Laughable, hypocritical comedy. 

meh, you're just a ball of angry dude. I don't know what pissed you off so badly to get you to this point, but you are a black hole. I'm done with you. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Like I said, those who pollute the worst, have ZERO leg to stand on when it comes to sermonizing about pollution. 

LIke i say.  Those that are too scared to admit where they come from  / were raised  have ZERO leg to stand on when it comes to sermonizing about pollution.

total output of carbon champ. thats what matters. 

Convenient for the nation that fits in two cities of China with ease to say. Per capita carbon footprint makes Canadians one of the worst offenders INDIVIDUALLY. We have no leg to stand on, champ as we are amongst the worst offenders in the world by a fair margin. 

meh, you're just a ball of angry dude. I don't know what pissed you off so badly to get you to this point, but you are a black hole. I'm done with you. 

Hypocrisy is angering to most people. Canadians & Vancouverites in general are hypocritical when it comes to global warming. Tough to take the proclamations of those seriously who are amongst the worst offenders on the planet. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

If you spent 8 hours a day entering  useless data in a spreadsheet / excel worksheet like Canuckistani does ... you would be  pretty p.ed off as well.   

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

LIke i say.  Those that are too scared to admit where they come from  / were raised  have ZERO leg to stand on when it comes to sermonizing about pollution.

Suffice to say I am not middle eastern, so wherever I come from, its a far less polluting land than Canada is, when it comes to GHG and oil usage. 

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

If you spent 8 hours a day entering  useless data in a spread excel worksheet like Canuckistani does ... you would pretty p.ed off as well.   

yeah could be. He's now on the bliss known as my ignore list. Dude needs some lovin'. 

Suffice to say I am not middle eastern, so wherever I come from, its a far less polluting land than Canada is, when it comes to GHG and oil usage. 

Didn't you say you used to work in an Indian call centre.... ?   I seem to remember you saying that.  

India has some pretty talented coders for sure.....

2 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Great!! You should go back there. I'd drive you to the airport but I'm trying to do my part.

I shall remind you of that option existing for you, the next time you wanna complain about something about where you currently live. 

7 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Great!! You should go back there. I'd drive you to the airport but I'm trying to do my part.

Maybe he should walk.  That would teach us all a lesson right?  Talks a good game but backs down at every opportunity.  Softer than a Sedin really