The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] I Think It's Time To Let Benning Go.

Benning  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

'No, insert horse beating GIF, yadda yadda.'  Thanks for the intelligent rebuttals folks - you are really no better than the creators of the very threads you complain about.

As for the OP - I think Benning should be fired as well.  People think he's responsible for every prospect we have and that's not the case, especially with EP40, you don't know if JB was solely responsible for drafting him.  Brackett and the rest of the scouting staff can still draft gems under the guidance of another GM and there are teams that benefited from a managerial change like Pittsburgh, who took the previous GM's core and tweaked it enough to win a cup.  

Just now, Tre Mac said:

'No, insert horse beating GIF, yadda yadda.'  Thanks for the intelligent rebuttals folks - you are really no better than the creators of the very threads you complain about.

As for the OP - I think Benning should be fired as well.  People think he's responsible for every prospect we have and that's not the case, especially with EP40, you don't know if JB was solely responsible for drafting him.  Brackett and the rest of the scouting staff can still draft gems under the guidance of another GM and there are teams that benefited from a managerial change like Pittsburgh, who took the previous GM's core and tweaked it enough to win a cup.  

Thats fair. I'm giving the OP a hard time.

Benning has finally arrived at the end of the rebuild, and now will be looking to add. (I view a rebuild complete once you have your core. Adding extras is where things get exciting.) Great future core, depth, we're a few pieces away from competing. Next year is likely where things come together. Don't you owe it to the guy to have 1 year to see whether what he's built is the real deal?

ok I guess a fairer response from my point of view is a question: exactly who do you propose he is replaced with? 

I don't really keep up with gm's all that much, but who is out there that is experienced, unemployed and has a solid resume at the NHL level?    and wants to sign on with Vancouver.. 

9 minutes ago, Glug Datt said:

ok I guess a fairer response from my point of view is a question: exactly who do you propose he is replaced with? 

I don't really keep up with gm's all that much, but who is out there that is experienced, unemployed and has a solid resume at the NHL level?    and wants to sign on with Vancouver.. 

I hear Milbury and Chiarelli are free and seeking employment. 

:bigblush:

4 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

You must live in a cave or you use the blinders to ignore what is in your face. How many times do you need to see the consensus, of 18 scouting reports, he was 25th. I will help you here, there were two reports that had him higher than 25th and two that didn't have him in the top 30.

It is on the net, look it up if you can that is.

Name the prospect pool, where they play, name them, boo hoo 6 years ago a GM got an extra pick for Gaudette, a pick Benning would not have got as he has not got any at all and that bad GM still has more important players on the team than this guy running the team for SIX years.

Name one GM that has missed on two top 6 picks, Jake is marginal.

Just keep denying the worst record in the league, keep blaming it on something 6+ years old, blame Gaudette on that guy too, Horvat, Hutton, Markstrom, Gaudette, that GM's team was destroyed by Lindne/Benning.

So consensus had Brock Boeser ranked 25+., yet IIRC Benning was quoted saying he had BB ranked top 10 (for whatever reason 8th pops into my head) - so wouldn't that imply that Benning and his team were more accurate at indentifying the better player compared to the consensus? In a re draft Boeser goes top 8 easily. 

I don't understand your point of how 18 scouts ranking him 25+, and those scouts being egregiously incorrect, being a slight on Benning.

29 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

I like how all the options provided were to have Benning gone in the next 2 years,,,,

Well to be fair, that will be Benning’s 7th year with the team.........if he doesn’t make any progression until then. I’m almost certain he will be let go.

Currently, there’s only been 5 GMs who has held their positions over a 10 year span. Poile, Holland, Wilson, Murray, and Bowman.

55 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

So Benning is at fault for most of the things, but the good things aren't because of him?

1 hour ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

So consensus had Brock Boeser ranked 25+., yet IIRC Benning was quoted saying he had BB ranked top 10 (for whatever reason 8th pops into my head) - so wouldn't that imply that Benning and his team were more accurate at indentifying the better player compared to the consensus? In a re draft Boeser goes top 8 easily. 

I don't understand your point of how 18 scouts ranking him 25+, and those scouts being egregiously incorrect, being a slight on Benning.

Button had him ranked #9. A couple had him ranking at #14. Some out of round one. MyNHLdraft, a compilation ranking, did not have him in round one. They re-did their round two mock after the first round was completed, so hard to know where they had him ranked.

Archived