The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ottawa Senators at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 20, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Darth Canuck said:

Canucks players: “hey guys, we’re up 5-0, you wanna kinda dog it a bit?”

Green, after 4 Sens goals: “I’m gonna bag skate the crap outta you guys tomorrow “

Thats what I hope.

No excuse for that much let up. I hope Green tears into them to get them ready for the Flames.

Go Canucks!

I believe! (In good effort)

Green didn't ice the 1st power play unit on the final power play because we were up lots. That sends a message to the team that the game is over. Hope he learned that lesson 

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

Horvat lately has been playing some of his best hockey of his career. 

57 points in his 74th game. 

But that doesn't even tell the whole story. He has played EVERY SINGLE game this season, no days off, plus he is playing against the top players in the league every single game PLUS he has taken over leadership responsibilities. Horvat is truly an awesome player. I think overall Horvat is our MVP this year, even more so than Pettersson, for everything he has done. Last year Henrik Sedin took a lot of the hard minutes but this year it has been all Horvat. Guy is rock solid.

Sloppy game in the third.... really not good play by the team who got cocky and stupid.

But lots of goals, so that made up for it... good for the team confidence.

Obviously a huge game for the Horvat line... Eriksson shows that while he isn't the player he used to be... he can be a serious factor in some games.  Bo hitting some career highs... hopefully those will all fall next year.  Personally I think he can do 35 goals... probably not this season, but next.  Pearson shows he is a capable finisher... why he did well in LA... he has good hands and good speed and some board work skills.  Right now he is fitting in.

Not a great game for Markstrom... good in the first couple periods, then he fell asleep and got sloppy too... uncharacteristic.

The enigma of Jake Virtanen... a big part of the Canucks dominance of the first two periods... physical and scored a goal... but when you need him to step up and back up his physicality, he doesn't... he should have fought someone... he didn't, so the Sens took it out on Pettersson and Sautner.

As I mentioned in the game thread, Edler had a MONSTER game... +3 with three points, he is only listed for 2 hits, but he actually had more than that and was overall a big factor physically.  He is having his career renaissance this year no question.

Brisbois did not have a great game... three give aways, but I like overall the way he skates and handles the puck... he shows some flair in his passing... if he could put on some serious weight he might develop into something.

8 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Once again a player takes a cheapshot on us and we don’t answer 

that player comes back and doesn’t get touched and in fact gets 2 assists in the third 

we need to fix this or else the kids wont survive 

They'll grow up 

7 minutes ago, Apricot said:

Bo Horvat= 27 goals

Brock Boeser= 24 goals

Elias Pettersson= 27 goals

I sure do love these young kids 

You’re here ! Coulda used some Apricot luck earlier when the team was trying to implode lol ;) 

and yes the kids are definitely All Right 

Just now, Odd. said:

Horvat lately has been playing some of his best hockey of his career. 

57 points in his 74th game. 

And that's while dragging along 4th line plugs and has-beens on his wing on most nights. Imagine what he can do if he has a legit top line winger on his line.

1 minute ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Well, both of Pettersson's assists were also secondary assists, but you don't see anyone talking about that :) lol poor Eriksson.

EP Secondary assist off a normal pass on PP : "Hell yeah EP point!"

Eriksson Secondary assist : "Just a secondary assist might as well not even be a point :)"

Who the f cares lmao? A point is a point.

So we're 4 points out of the wildcard...could be tied after the weekend.  Who knows?  I'm less scared of the teams between them and Arizona keeping them out than others.  We play Calgary, Columbus, LA, Anaheim, Stars, SJ, Nashville, and St. Louis.  LA and Anaheim are bad, we have Calgary's and St. Louis's numbers, Columbus we don't play enough to know how we play against them, and it's a crapshoot to predict who wins Stars and Preds games.  To really have to have a chance we have to basically win all but 1, possibly 2 of those games.

Gonna be tough but miracles can happen.

Archived