The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ottawa Senators at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 20, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

What a weird game. Hope the boys learned a lesson from that dreadful stretch in the third.

Bo, Pearson and Loui were great tonight.  Eriksson had a 4 point night... did I hear that right?? :shock:

Bo and Petey both at 27 goals. Brock at 24 goals. At this rate we may have three 30 goal scorers in the lineup. I likkkeee it.

Even though our draft odds are decreasing, I have the utmost faith that Benning will get a star player regardless.

You want my comments? WHAT? You want my comments about what The Ottawa Senators ? WHAT? Is that what you're asking me? Speak up, hold the microphone, so I can talk!

You got time for me to tell you a story? I'm gonna tell you a story right now. *what?!* A story about a man named Stone Cold Jake Virtanen. *what?!* Who rolled into Vancouver last night. And when I rolled into Vancouver, I was real thirsty. So I went to a bar! And started drinking beer! And more beer! And more beer! Then I started throwing darts! Playing pool! Drinking beer! Then I got on one of those mechanical bulls! I rode that bull frontways! sideways! backwards! frontways! two-handed! one-handed! no-handed! finally had to shut that sumbitch down 'cause I wore it out!

Then I started drinking more beer. And I started a fight. And the whole bar started fighting. I whipped everybody's ass. I threw 'em all out the door! Every single one right out the door. Finally, the bartender said: 'Stone Cold! Stone Cold! Stone Cold!' And I said 'What?', he goes 'why are you throwing everybody out the damn bar?', I say 'You dumb son of a bitch, I'm getting ready for the hockey game!'. I said I'm getting ready for the hockey game! And the bartender looked at me and he said 'Stone Cold?' and I said 'What?'. He said 'I heard The Ottawa Senators are winning the game tonight!

I drank some of that beer, I put that beer down, I looked at that bartender right in the eye and I said 'What?', he said 'I heard the Ottawa Senators are winning the game tonight!' and I said 'Uh-uh!'. Ottawa is gonna do a lot of things in life and they made a comeback. They look great. Phenomenal. The bottom line is, they can do all the bench presses! shoulder presses! lat pulldowns! barbell curls! triceps extensions! squats! treadmills! bent-over rows! sit-ups! crunches! rack lifts! they can do all that, but that one thing he'll never do is throw Stone Cold Jake Virtanen on to the ice!

I looked at that bartender, and I said 'As a matter of fact, I'm working on my strategy right now'. *what?!* That's what he said, he said 'What?', I said 'I'm working on my strategy right now'. I looked down at my waist and I said 'Do you see that?', he said 'What?', I said do you see that? I said 'That's a beer belly! By lowering my center of gravity, it makes it hard for a man to throw me on to the ice! That's Stone Cold Jake Virtanen's strategy. You understand what I'm talking about?

So I looked at that bartender, and I said 'I ain't gonna mess with your mechanical bull no more, you can let everybody back in, 'cause I'm gonna drink every single beer you got to work on this beer belly', he said 'What?', 'Beer belly!', 'What?', 'Beer belly!', 'What?'. 'And while I'm working on this beer belly, when I drink all your beer, I'm going down to what-what-what-Whataburger and I'm gonna get a Whataburger with cheese. A Whataburger without cheese. A Whataburger with double cheese. And french fries. Some more french fries! Ah, **** it, one of them french canned fish sandwiches! Another Whataburger with double cheese!

And I'm gonna roll into that hockey game one pissed-off sumbitch, because, Ottawa, you said you kicked my ass once? WHAT? You said you kicked my ass once?  So you think you can do it again? I can say it to your face, because the bottom line is, i'm going in to this hockey game and im fixing to open up a can of whoop ass, and that's the bottom line—What? 'Cause Stone Cold said so!"

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“It was tough to let them back into it. We let Marky down. But we fought back, got the win and that’s nice. Marky has battled hard for us all year.” - Eriksson

Is this like, the first post-game interview with Little Thing Louie this season? :shock:

4 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Well, both of Pettersson's assists were also secondary assists, but you don't see anyone talking about that :) lol poor Eriksson.

Fair point. Thanks for pointing out my bias.

2 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

So we're 4 points out of the wildcard...could be tied after the weekend.  Who knows?  I'm less scared of the teams between them and Arizona keeping them out than others.  We play Calgary, Columbus, LA, Anaheim, Stars, SJ, Nashville, and St. Louis.  LA and Anaheim are bad, we have Calgary's and St. Louis's numbers, Columbus we don't play enough to know how we play against them, and it's a crapshoot to predict who wins Stars and Preds games.  To really have to have a chance we have to basically win all but 1, possibly 2 of those games.

Gonna be tough but miracles can happen.

We also need a few teams to play below 500

Just now, Twilight Sparkle said:

You want my comments? WHAT? You want my comments about what The Ottawa Senators ? WHAT? Is that what you're asking me? Speak up, hold the microphone, so I can talk!

You got time for me to tell you a story? I'm gonna tell you a story right now. *what?!* A story about a man named Stone Cold Jake Virtanen. *what?!* Who rolled into Vancouver last night. And when I rolled into Vancouver, I was real thirsty. So I went to a bar! And started drinking beer! And more beer! And more beer! Then I started throwing darts! Playing pool! Drinking beer! Then I got on one of those mechanical bulls! I rode that bull frontways! sideways! backwards! frontways! two-handed! one-handed! no-handed! finally had to shut that sumbitch down 'cause I wore it out!

Then I started drinking more beer. And I started a fight. And the whole bar started fighting. I whipped everybody's ass. I threw 'em all out the door! Every single one right out the door. Finally, the bartender said: 'Stone Cold! Stone Cold! Stone Cold!' And I said 'What?', he goes 'why are you throwing everybody out the damn bar?', I say 'You dumb son of a bitch, I'm getting ready for the hockey game!'. I said I'm getting ready for the hockey game! And the bartender looked at me and he said 'Stone Cold?' and I said 'What?'. He said 'I heard The Ottawa Senators are winning the game tonight!

I drank some of that beer, I put that beer down, I looked at that bartender right in the eye and I said 'What?', he said 'I heard the Ottawa Senators are winning the game tonight!' and I said 'Uh-uh!'. Ottawa is gonna do a lot of things in life and they made a comeback. They look great. Phenomenal. The bottom line is, they can do all the bench presses! shoulder presses! lat pulldowns! barbell curls! triceps extensions! squats! treadmills! bent-over rows! sit-ups! crunches! rack lifts! they can do all that, but that one thing he'll never do is throw Stone Cold Jake Virtanen on to the ice!

I looked at that bartender, and I said 'As a matter of fact, I'm working on my strategy right now'. *what?!* That's what he said, he said 'What?', I said 'I'm working on my strategy right now'. I looked down at my waist and I said 'Do you see that?', he said 'What?', I said do you see that? I said 'That's a beer belly! By lowering my center of gravity, it makes it hard for a man to throw me on to the ice! That's Stone Cold Jake Virtanen's strategy. You understand what I'm talking about?

So I looked at that bartender, and I said 'I ain't gonna mess with your mechanical bull no more, you can let everybody back in, 'cause I'm gonna drink every single beer you got to work on this beer belly', he said 'What?', 'Beer belly!', 'What?', 'Beer belly!', 'What?'. 'And while I'm working on this beer belly, when I drink all your beer, I'm going down to what-what-what-Whataburger and I'm gonna get a Whataburger with cheese. A Whataburger without cheese. A Whataburger with double cheese. And french fries. Some more french fries! Ah, **** it, one of them french canned fish sandwiches! Another Whataburger with double cheese!

And I'm gonna roll into that hockey game one pissed-off sumbitch, because, Ottawa, you said you kicked my ass once? WHAT? You said you kicked my ass once?  So you think you can do it again? I can say it to your face, because the bottom line is, i'm going in to this hockey game and im fixing to open up a can of whoop ass, and that's the bottom line—What? 'Cause Stone Cold said so!"

Where do you think you'd rank on this scale right now?

spayi8zcm0n01.jpg

1 minute ago, Rindiculous said:

Marky was to blame on a few of those goals.  Not his best game by a long shot.

Marky didn't face even 20 shots until midway through the 3rd.  That must have thrown him off a bit.

Arizona is the team to catch...just had a look at the teams schedules that are ahead of the Canucks in the wild card race...Minny, Chicago, Colorado all have tough schedules...Arizona has an easier schedule...Canucks have a favourable schedule...last three games in April will be tough, though.

3 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

What a weird game. Hope the boys learned a lesson from that dreadful stretch in the third.

Bo, Pearson and Loui were great tonight.  Eriksson had a 4 point night... did I hear that right?? :shock:

Bo and Petey both at 27 goals. Brock at 24 goals. At this rate we may have three 30 goal scorers in the lineup. I likkkeee it.

Even though our draft odds are decreasing, I have the utmost faith that Benning will get a star player regardless.

I'm a little worried some of the best may have already gone... was hoping Broberg would still be there for Jim to grab.  :mellow:

I  wasn't so sure after the Sens scored their 2nd goal that the boys were gonna pull it off. It had to be an eye opener for them

A full 60 minutes - I thought they had that down pat - bag skate coming up

Glad they won - but they won't beat the Flames like that

Archived