The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ottawa Senators at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 20, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, wastamaga33 said:

Dim jim’s Press conference will go kinda like this: ya I met with loui this morning basically told him there’s offer for a contract renewal with a little extra money included just waiting to hear back if he’s willing to accept 

Imagine believing this.

33 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

But that doesn't even tell the whole story. He has played EVERY SINGLE game this season, no days off, plus he is playing against the top players in the league every single game PLUS he has taken over leadership responsibilities. Horvat is truly an awesome player. I think overall Horvat is our MVP this year, even more so than Pettersson, for everything he has done. Last year Henrik Sedin took a lot of the hard minutes but this year it has been all Horvat. Guy is rock solid.

I agree 100% with this post. Horvat's been our MVP, no doubt about it. 

Haps to Petey, but Horvat's the soul of the team. 

What are we waiting for? Just give the C to Bo already.

3 minutes ago, VancouverIteinSanDiego said:

I like Luke Schenn he never does dumb stuff maybe slow but likes to hit but. Never really is caught out of place as much as MDZz or Pouliot 

Schenn is replacing Guddy quite nicely for us.  Perhaps a bit better overall.  Gudbranson really didn't fit in here, happy to see him doing better in Pittsburgh and Schenn fitting in decently here.  Biega however has really stepped up this year.  No more 2-3 games then the wheels fall off the truck.

Here's something else to note:

Colorado, Chicago and Arizona play 3 games against teams ahead of the Canucks for the last wild card spot, and Minny only plays one game against a team ahead of the Canucks for the last spot...Canucks play none of the teams ahead of them for the last wild card spot.

Might be a blessing in disguise. Blowing out a team that was laying down to die would've been fun, I'm sure, but it's the kind of win that breeds bad habits. Getting a good scare put into them but still winning helps keep them from getting complacent.

2 minutes ago, VancouverIteinSanDiego said:

I like Luke Schenn he never does dumb stuff maybe slow but likes to hit but. Never really is caught out of place as much as MDZz or Pouliot 

Sometimes he gets confused in the D Zone and doesn't know which way to go... happened a couple times during the Ottawa game.

He is a decent fill in, but he is not a solution to the Canucks D problems.

16 minutes ago, wastamaga33 said:

Dim jim’s Press conference will go kinda like this: ya I met with loui this morning basically told him there’s offer for a contract renewal with a little extra money included just waiting to hear back if he’s willing to accept 

You again???  In one of your many aliases???

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Sometimes he gets confused in the D Zone and doesn't know which way to go... happened a couple times during the Ottawa game.

He is a decent fill in, but he is not a solution to the Canucks D problems.

Why not? We've allowed less goals since he's been in the line-up

19 minutes ago, wastamaga33 said:

Ya booze can be good but moderation is key... 

Archived