The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ottawa Senators at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 20, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

16 minutes ago, xereau said:

You are right.  That's ridiculous!  Sakic signed him to that deal?

I think Sakic will need to re-negotiate that deal if he is going to keep MacKinnon happy.

If he holds him to that value through the contract then MacKinnon will walk and Sakic will get a really bad rep with the rest of the players in the league.

You can understand why the deal was structured... the year before the contract MacKinnon got about the same number of points as Bo did before he signed.

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

Horvat lately has been playing some of his best hockey of his career. 

57 points in his 74th game. 

So stoked he is going to hit 60.  Considering his leadership and 2 way game, that is a pretty solid 23 year old campaign.  Get him a solid winger or 2, and he could out up 70+ next year.

Lol just heard of AM650... When Loui scores were 24-0-1 

JB needs to advertise this stat to all 30 teams and try to get him traded lol! 

Love the maturity of Troy. Really growing on me. 

Hated the Virtanen hit... I was worried they would retaliate on one of our stars. No need for a hit like that vs last place team when you're up 3-0. How Sautner was just winded. 

49 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"Great game. Awesome game. Thought we were great in the first two periods. Gave up five scoring chances in the 3rd... great game. I'm not going to stand here and say it's a bad hockey game because they came back. It's a big win... I like the way our team is playing." - Green

Love this.  He knows that a win is a win, why question the young guys just need to keep up what they are doing.  Sure, it's flawed, but it is working right now.

I love how we almost crap the bed against the worst team in the league...and yet people think we stand a chance even if by some miracle we make it into the playoffs. 

Us in the playoffs just means watching our kids get destroyed and crushed into bits. 

Pettersson gets decked once every 10 games and that is nothing compared to what’s coming in the playoffs. Anyone actually believe half our team will last through even one series...I’ve got news for you...

8 minutes ago, DarkGhost said:

I love how we almost crap the bed against the worst team in the league...and yet people think we stand a chance even if by some miracle we make it into the playoffs. 

Vancouver has also beaten Calgary and Tampa this season the top two teams in the league right now. 

And of course Vancouver has also beaten "recent" cup winners like LA, Pitt, and Chicago 

17 minutes ago, DarkGhost said:

Us in the playoffs just means watching our kids get destroyed and crushed into bits. 

Pettersson gets decked once every 10 games and that is nothing compared to what’s coming in the playoffs. Anyone actually believe half our team will last through even one series...I’ve got news for you...

So we lose and it's all fire Benning and Green and everyone is garbage. We make a playoff push and it's our team won't do well in the playoffs so what's the point of trying. Let's see if we can even make the playoffs first and go from there. Even if it's a 1st round sweep, well we made the playoffs after some dismal seasons, it's a positive sign in the rebuild.

I like it when Schenn plays.

He put 6 hits on, played a very simple game in his 18 minutes of ice time. He's a really good stabilizing force back there especially for Sautner and I think he's still got game. I'd have zero issue bringing him back to suit up in the #6/7 slot next year.

And what the hell is in Biega's water bottle? +3, 24 mins of ice time.

Tire fire 9 minutes in the 3rd, the rest of the game was really good.

Playoffs... still possible. It's still not exactly likely that we get in, even less likely to go anywhere but come on... it's nice to think about. It's great experience for the 'kids' regardless - how different playoff hockey is to regular season. Gives them a summer to get ready for it.

Well the boys hung on for the W, quite sad to let Ottawa score 4 G in the 3rd against us. My biggest issue is I wish I grew up and watched most of my hockey during a different era of hockey...

That hit by Pageau on Sautner was dirty as Fack!!! I know Virtanen shortly before hit Smith but that wasn't nearly as dirty as the Pageau one. thankfully Sautner wasn't hurt, it annoys the crap out of me that Schenn was on the ice and didnt go and immediately RAGDOLL that punk. It was a pre meditated hit on a Vulnerable player imo. 

Now...I know we scored on the PP, but later Tkachuk took some extra shots at our FRANCHISE player EP40. Now eventually we will be a playoff team, those dirty hits and cheap shots will increase a lot come the post season. So what worries me is we continue to show a lack of push back or toughness to show teams we won't take crap and our KEY players are going to have that target on their back and I hate to say it but will likely get hurt and unable to help our team in the playoffs.

Not saying we need thugs, but guys should do more than grab a guy or say some words. Scoring on the PP is nice and all but when a guy eventually goes down with an injury it wont mean much when it could be one of your key players.

Side note: I hope Goldy isn't moved this summer or not qualified. I hope he sits out a lot like Hutton did last year and he gets 1 last chance to train hard and come to training camp ready to show he belongs at the NHL level. I don't see the Canucks giving him that chance like they did with Ben, but I hope I am wrong.

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

To be fair, it was three secondary assists and an empty net goal. About the easiest way to get a 4-point game.

But, still did that. Could have been invisable like many other games.

Archived