The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

fans get louder

just win

ive been a fan since 1970  ive been to lots of games over the years   fans that watch games there  should be louder  like the good old days  I watch on tv   fans are sitting on there hands     till we score    every shift they should  be louder  for 60 min    id like to see the white towels  out  NOW... 4 points out. next two games are huge   canucks should give everyone  one  put what ever  they want on it   id put playoff bound   just saying    for sure the players will be pumped  up   motivation   louder the better   if any one has connections with the team  let them know     cheers to all canuck fans     GO CANUCKS    eric 

Couldn't agree more if i tried...

But I think a lot of it has got to do with the policing at Rogers... or at least according to other fans going to games...

@debluvscanucks am I right, you've been told to tone it down with the cow bell?

Others have also told stories about the stewards telling people to tone it down....

It's unfortunate, as Rogers should be turned in to a fortress, oppositions hate to come to.... and the home team loves...

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

Couldn't agree more if i tried...

But I think a lot of it has got to do with the policing at Rogers... or at least according to other fans going to games...

@debluvscanucks am I right, you've been told to tone it down with the cow bell?

Others have also told stories about the stewards telling people to tone it down....

It's unfortunate, as Rogers should be turned in to a fortress, oppositions hate to come to.... and the home team loves...

Twice.

But it's been a bit better recently...I think they're getting the connection between "enthusiastic fans" and an exciting building.  A no brainer.  Or it could just be that the upper zone is more of a fun zone than the lower, library section where tea and cookies are served.

The first time I was told by a CBC HNIC rep who was standing behind me, blabbing about her day to the person beside her.  I told her that I didn't support double standards and, basically, to get lost (she did).  The second time was lower bowl/STH seat and I was by myself, not drinking (usually don't) and had a group of standing/yelling beer drinkers (don't get me wrong, love the loud, boisterous crowd and I join in with them) spilling on me from behind.  It was a little unfair.

Also, I don't care if I'm the only one chanting GCG...I do it.  It was funny at the Leafs game - 92,000 displaced Torontoians versus me, my friend and the guy in front of us.   Then a group in the bar.  Then 7 more fans.   We won.

I have never been to a game - when I was younger I could never afford to go and now that I'm over the hill and headed down I don't think I could handle the stairs. But this isn't about me - what I wanted to say is when I watch the games on TV I love it when you can hear the fans over John and John - sometimes you can even make out what they are saying -  and it must make the players want to perform all the more.

So go ring your cowbell @debluvscanucks and get everyone going

And enjoy both games @Maginator

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Twice.

But it's been a bit better recently...I think they're getting the connection between "enthusiastic fans" and an exciting building.  A no brainer.  Or it could just be that the upper zone is more of a fun zone than the lower, library section where tea and cookies are served.

The first time I was told by a CBC HNIC rep who was standing behind me, blabbing about her day to the person beside her.  I told her that I didn't support double standards and, basically, to get lost (she did).  The second time was lower bowl/STH seat and I was by myself, not drinking (usually don't) and had a group of standing/yelling beer drinkers (don't get me wrong, love the loud, boisterous crowd and I join in with them) spilling on me from behind.  It was a little unfair.

Spot on Debs...

Another issue is it does matter to the players on the ice, hearing the fans cheering.

The pack mentality gets stronger, when there's a wall of sound behind you... The 'we are all Canucks' gets meaning, when the fans gets invested in the games.

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Also, I don't care if I'm the only one chanting GCG...I do it.  It was funny at the Leafs game - 92,000 displaced Torontoians versus me and the guy in front of me.   Then a group in the bar.  Then 7 more fans.   We won.

Bravo Debs Bravo....

Proud of you.... Never give up and never give in...thats how we succeed in life. There always needs to be leaders. If there is, the rest will follow... or most will 

4 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

TBH the chick dj sucks ,

need a tiesto like DJ 

No 'DJ's'  Just need someone to play energetic music not to remix crap music.  She should've been fired immediately after the Chelsea Dagger fiasco.

17 minutes ago, Green⌃Arrow said:

They didn't have smartphones back then so they didn't have anything to distract them from the game.

True.

30 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

The whole arena would get kicked out by security and it will be a empty arena match

So True.

15 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

The DJ controls the sound now more than back then. 

Just when the crowd gets a cheer going music starts blaring.

This is such a good point - this new deal, where we constantly "feature" the DJ and shots of her dancing in her booth do NOTHING for the crowd.  Honestly, enough already.  She is wonderful, don't get me wrong, but in bar atmosphere I'm sure.  As for a hockey crowd, the choices in music are questionable and do little to fire people up.  It's a huge issue.  We had a DJ recently who seemed to get it, but it's changed to this new woman....and not for the better.   Sure, maybe they're trying to reach new demographics and a younger crowd.  It isn't working.

I hear other rink's music and think "we need that".

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

This is such a good point - this new deal, where we constantly "feature" the DJ and shots of her dancing in her booth do NOTHING for the crowd.  Honestly, enough already.  She is wonderful, don't get me wrong, but in bar atmosphere I'm sure.  As for a hockey crowd, the choices in music are questionable and do little to fire people up.  It's a huge issue.  We had a DJ recently who seemed to get it, but it's changed to this new woman....and not for the better.   Sure, maybe they're trying to reach new demographics and a younger crowd.  It isn't working.

I hear other rink's music and think "we need that".

Yea like the Vegas Golden Knights arena , the whole crowd is into it the whole entire game.. 

Archived