The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

fans get louder

just win

Whatever.  If these grownup men can't get self-motivated to play their arses off by the hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars they are making, I don't know what to think.  A little bit of fake noise from places off of the playing surface shouldn't even factor into their gameplay.  Make some noooo-iiiissee!  Barf.

15 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

Whatever.  If these grownup men can't get self-motivated to play their arses off by the hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars they are making, I don't know what to think.  A little bit of fake noise from places off of the playing surface shouldn't even factor into their gameplay.  Make some noooo-iiiissee!  Barf.

Maybe not, but mostly does.... Motivation, Encouragement and Appreciation....

Its like saying your boss giving your a pat on the back is ridiculous because you get paid...? The amount they are paid should be irrelevant....

Damn I would like for you to see a live football (soccer) game.... You may just change your mind.

28 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

Yeah why do NHL teams need arenas with 18,000 people, why can't they just use a community rink with 100 seats, man the excitement they would feel to play....

Okay, my take on the arena experience;

No more 'Make some nooooise!', replace it with kickass songs like "The Immigrant Song' and other rock and roll soundtracks. I heard someone say the same thing at the risk of sounding like a grandpa, he's not. Rock and roll songs bring out the excitement, craziness, and intimidation out of us. Secondly, let people bring in airhorns, firecrackers, huge flags, you name it, they're all welcome. Ok, fireworks should be reserved for game-winning goals in OT. Oh, and invite local bands to play their heart out dammit, I'm here for some entertainment, not to be placed in a senior's home! Small rinks in Sweden are beating us in that regard, like how embarrassing is that?! And most importantly, TURN UP THE GOAL SONG! I can't hear a goddam thing!

Oh, and a bonus: have people win prizes for being the best-dressed, the loudest, and/or having the most creative signs. This should overall improve fan experiences and kill the notion of having to be silent and on the phones all game long. This is my two cents, what do you think?

31 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

There's a definite advantage to home "field/rink" advantage.  Sad that people have to be guided into that, but it definitely helps the energy level.

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

There's a definite advantage to home "field/rink" advantage.  Sad that people have to be guided into that, but it definitely helps the energy level.

What's more confounding about it is that the Southsiders are allowed to sing and be loud all game long. No one cares about them being disruptive.

3 hours ago, spook007 said:

Couldn't agree more if i tried...

But I think a lot of it has got to do with the policing at Rogers... or at least according to other fans going to games...

@debluvscanucks am I right, you've been told to tone it down with the cow bell?

Others have also told stories about the stewards telling people to tone it down....

It's unfortunate, as Rogers should be turned in to a fortress, oppositions hate to come to.... and the home team loves...

She is lord of the cowbell #longlivedeb

8 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

What's more confounding about it is that the Southsiders are allowed to sing and be loud all game long. No one cares about them being disruptive.

Love those people.  

It's hilarious...sometimes they arrive with signs that, in order when held up, will spell something.  By the end of the game when they're all hammered it often looks something like:

T T    S NS G D!

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Love those people.  

It's hilarious...sometimes they arrive with signs that, in order when held up, will spell something.  By the end of the game when they're all hammered it often looks something like:

T T    S NS G D!

Tony Tanti scored nice shorthanded goals daily ?

1 hour ago, JayCanuck10 said:

Okay, my take on the arena experience;

No more 'Make some nooooise!', replace it with kickass songs like "The Immigrant Song' and other rock and roll soundtracks. I heard someone say the same thing at the risk of sounding like a grandpa, he's not. Rock and roll songs bring out the excitement, craziness, and intimidation out of us. Secondly, let people bring in airhorns, firecrackers, huge flags, you name it, they're all welcome. Ok, fireworks should be reserved for game-winning goals in OT. Oh, and invite local bands to play their heart out dammit, I'm here for some entertainment, not to be placed in a senior's home! Small rinks in Sweden are beating us in that regard, like how embarrassing is that?! And most importantly, TURN UP THE GOAL SONG! I can't hear a goddam thing!

Oh, and a bonus: have people win prizes for being the best-dressed, the loudest, and/or having the most creative signs. This should overall improve fan experiences and kill the notion of having to be silent and on the phones all game long. This is my two cents, what do you think?

Haha, what could go wrong?

Related image

image.jpeg

5 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Cheaper tickets and cheaper beer. 

Honestly this is it. Nothing against any white collars here, but our lower bowl seems to still be made up of suits using hockey ticket to close deals. Go golfing ffs. Police the really obnoxious drunks, but hockey games are supposed to be loud. My ex girlfriend got stared down by other people in the crowd and the some staff in the lower bowl for heckling a Dallas Star twice in the last game I went to ffs, it was pathetic. 

6 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Or it could just be that the upper zone is more of a fun zone than the lower, library section where tea and cookies are served.

This is why I always renew my STH seats in the upper bowl. It's not for affordability reasons, but for quality of fun. Upper bowl is WAY better. It's where the fans who just want to be in the building, anywhere in the building, sit. The lower bowl can be reserved for Joe Blow from Diamond and Diamond trying to close a client, the upper bowl is where people care about winning.

5 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I've always suggested MG as a hometown boy who really would rock the building.  Giant too (at the beginning).  I use a lot of his music for working out...just does the job.

I would happily get into a K-I-C-K-A-S-S chant :D

Archived