The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Anaheim Ducks at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 26, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

Keep bringing in new guys to close out the year. Perhaps give Loui more time off. Edler too. 

Fun 3rd period Nucks.

I agree 100%.  Let the regulars off the hook and bring up every available rookie and farm team player we can so they are given a chance to do their thing.  There is no better time to get them in and hopefully we'll lose every game to boot.

Like the Johns said - fun to watch the Canucks this year

And the end result - we are in a better position for the draft

I thought Teves looked OK - imagine a few games and he'll feel more comfortable

Stetcher -Having a great year

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

WOW! Murph just said Steel is the FIRST Duck hatty EVER vs Canucks! That's a shocker.

Now in addition to making a no-name goalie looks like a Vezina candidate, the Canucks will now make a no-name player a Rocket-Richard candidate?

7 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Pearson continues to impress tbh, he's gotten better for us the more he plays. Could be a good piece.

He's probably the only winger who uses his size, forechecks HARD, and comes out with the puck from a board battle more often than not.

Pearson also has pretty good shots and fires them quickly.  He can be a very useful player for us down the road.

11 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Luke Schenn all day every day

I know he's just pushing it hard right now. Trying to get back into the NHL, on any team that will have him next season. So I kind of take his great physical D play with a grain of salt, but dang we need another D like that. The difference in him and Guddy, is that Guddy looked like he was a very reluctant to get down and dirty and physical. But he did it, when he had to. With Schenn it looks like he actually enjoys the physical play, using his size.  When is the last time we had a big D have that kind of streak?  For all those reasons, I hope he is here next season. As a #5 or #6. If we did make the playoffs next season, he'd be invaluable.

14 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Schenn doing what the rest of the team can’t. 

Guaranteed a roster spot next year, as a fan-fav, if he keeps crunching people... because the fans love it.

Pay attention JB...

Hell yeah. He’s a wrecking ball out there. 6’2” 225 lbs and in no way afraid to use it. 

5 minutes ago, 1-d said:

He's probably the only winger who uses his size, forechecks HARD, and comes out with the puck from a board battle more often than not.

Pearson also has pretty good shots and fires them quickly.  He can be a very useful player for us down the road.

I definitely notice him around the puck a lot, he's growing on me. I'm hoping he can have a bounce back season next season.

11 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I agree 100%.  Let the regulars off the hook and bring up every available rookie and farm team player we can so they are given a chance to do their thing.  There is no better time to get them in and hopefully we'll lose every game to boot.

I think Demko should get the starts from here on out. Give the kid some game time and let Marky rest up for next year.

14 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"Being around all these young guys -- not that I'm old or anything, but this is definitely the youngest team I've played on -- they give you a lot of energy. They love coming to the rink and it rubs off on everyone. It puts you in a good mood and good things happen." - Pearson

Great to hear an newcomer saying this. And Pearson has been impressive. Wouldn’t mind seeing him back next year.

No disrespect but I think we need to cut Granny loose. Eriksson and Sutter too if Jim can find any takers. 

10 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Haha awesome watching the Canadien’s Byron getting knocked the &^@# out tonight for being a cheap shot artist.

The Code. 

Wish Matheson would take notes on how to man up like Byron did though. 

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Who tuned him?

Mackenzie Weegar, (side note: who got his ass beat by Noel Acciari the other night who got his ass beat by Horvat earlier in the season).

Paul Byron got suspended 3 games for a dirty hit on Weegar back in Jan so it was a revenge. He knocked the $&!# out of Byron, he was woozy to the bench

Archived