The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 IIHF World Championships

Rate this topic

14 minutes ago, gurn said:

That can lead to a complete lack of perspective.

you can end up being bitter against your team, not realizing they are not the only team to make mistakes.

Love my team. Despise Mike Gillis's drafting. Dont even get me started on Mallet over drafting Severson. Severson playing well 4 hours away as a right side dman. Gillis takes the overager who no other GM had on their list. In the second round! 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Finn goalie showed up ours didn't that was a major difference, again 21-3 shots in the third with about 10-15 minutes zone time in favour of Canada. Goaltending and Finn blocked shots were the difference. 

Yes, but that same Finnish goalie shutout high power Russians too.  I takes a team to win. 21 shots and not one goal? 0/3 on PP is not the goalie's fault. 

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

All the Fins need is to get the lead and it's game over, they thrive as a collective shutdown unit. That and Murray sucking balls. 

Ok, I thought Canada got the lead... Fire Green and hire the finnish coach as he outsmarted them all, including you. 

Just look at 3-1... The fin shot when Murray couldn't see anything. Do you think it was a cooncidence? 

11 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Say the poster who act so confused... Answer properly and be a grown up. 

Not sure why you have to s*** on Green for no reason, for one this Finnish squad is a more complete team than a rebuilding one Green has had to work with. 

So again, wait until this team is more assembled to fully assess Green and have some patience. Or just keep trolling.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Yes, but that same Finnish goalie shutout high power Russians too.  I takes a team to win. 21 shots and not one goal? 0/3 on PP is not the goalie's fault. 

Again it was a great performance by Lankinen no doubt. He stepped up big for the Finns as did Antilla. 

1 save out of 3 shots in the 3rd, Murray was weak. He was weak in the playoffs for Pittsburgh and even weaker now. 

You do obviously need more than one goal to win and generally outshooting a team 21-3 in the 3rd will do that but when the puck isn't going your way and you dominate a period like that making 3 saves shouldn't be too big of an ask of your goalie... Murray shares as much blame as the lack of scoring imo.

6 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Ok, I thought Canada got the lead... Fire Green and hire the finnish coach as he outsmarted them all, including you. 

Just look at 3-1... The fin shot when Murray couldn't see anything. Do you think it was a cooncidence? 

They got the lead but the Finns are a relentless team Canada needed another one to fully take control of the game and once the Finns evened the game and then took the lead they ran with it. It is what the Finns have always been good at. 

The first goal was all Murray he should have had that one. 

Disappointing end. Canada outplayed the Finns all game but goaltending ultimately beat them. Matt Murray wasn’t good when it counted unfortunately. 

Oh well. They had a good run. Congrats For representing us proudly Stech. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Not sure why you have to s*** on Green for no reason, for one this Finnish squad is a more complete team than a rebuilding one Green has had to work with.

For no reason??!! 

The games I've seen Green looked as he was tanking. So bad was the defence.  Then the way he tinkered with Peteys brain should be questioned. But I think you are only confused by what I written so don't bother if so. If you understand what I'm talkin about, have an intelligent discussion about if. If not, stay quiet and keep you confusion for yourself. 

Edited by Timråfan
  • Wat 1

20 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

For*

Again team is rebuilding, not sure why this is so hard for you to understand. Not only is the team rebuilding but have had injuries to key players while rebuilding.

What is confusing is why a game between Canada and Finland where Green isn't coaching you still have to bring him up as if anything you think about him is relevant. 

You see ZERO positives about Green which means you are not judging him objectively. You crap on him during a game he's not even involved in... So sorry to say anything you say about Green is irrelevant and laughable at best.  

Every coach has his negatives and every coach has his positives. You refuse to acknowledge any positives of Green so sorry to say your opinion on him doesn't matter. 

You could just let my comment disappear.. So why answer in the first place? I have an opinion based on what I've seen regarding coaches. 

Comments on players fly here all the time so why not coaches? 

I'se said a few times that the way he coach only fits a coach that tank. 

I think that sucks... A coach is supposed to get the team to win. 

4 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

You could just let my comment disappear.. So why answer in the first place? I have an opinion based on what I've seen regarding coaches. 

Comments on players fly here all the time so why not coaches? 

I'se said a few times that the way he coach only fits a coach that tank. 

I think that sucks... A coach is supposed to get the team to win. 

R

E

B

U

I

L

D

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

So when teams rebuilding they dont play defence? 

Injuries doesn't matter either. A coach play the game with those available. 

Hence the finns won WC with amateurs compared to NHL. 

We were tied with the Washington Capitals in GA in the league, despite injuries to Tanev, Edler, Sutter, and Beagle four of our key defensive players during the season. We were 26th in goals for Baertschi being out for most of the year affected that a bit as well as our woeful PP. 

This team isn't nearly as bad defensively as you ramble on about. The amount of 1 goal games we won this year is a testament to that. 

A full year with Quinn Hughes will help both offence from the backend and on the PP. Smart FA additions will fill the other necessary holes in the lineup. 

The fact you still refuse to acknowledge where the team is and continually blindly blame Green is laughable at best. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

All the Fins need is to get the lead and it's game over, they thrive as a collective shutdown unit. That and Murray sucking balls. 

Actually we didnt play shutdown really. Not s plan at least. Canada was just so tough tonite that they forced the play and made us dump and play ugly at certain points.

1st period was semi even, in the second we got some momentum and the third, even with the goals by Finland, was all Canada.

2 minutes ago, Spoosh said:

Actually we didnt play shutdown really. Not s plan at least. Canada was just so tough tonite that they forced the play and made us dump and play ugly at certain points.

1st period was semi even, in the second we got some momentum and the third, even with the goals by Finland, was all Canada.

Bigger ice can make the game more like soccer.  

3 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Not too often you outshoot a team in the 3rd 21-3 and lose.

I guess that the Canucks  aren’t the only team that can’t score on an AHL goalie. Nudge nudge wink wink @wailai

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Timråfan said:

So when teams rebuilding they dont play defence? 

Injuries doesn't matter either. A coach play the game with those available. 

Hence the finns won WC with amateurs compared to NHL. 

Finns rode a hot goalie to the championship. It’s been known to happen. 

Usually gets called miracle on ice or something like that. 

Getting outshot 21-3 in the third period is not usually equated to great coaching or solid  defense.

Usually it’s a recipe for disaster.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

It was a very good tournament to follow and I was so fortunate to take in many of the games on the one side of the pool.   Canada played an interesting game in the final and seemed content to let the Finnish collapse work without changing anything about how they (Canadians) played.   If you are taking on a team playing a "box" even when not killing a penalty, don't try cute moves down low like that - sheesh.   Canada plain and simply got out-coached today.  The shot margin, while impressive, was also misleading as their goalie while good was not beyond insane with great saves.   Posts were a bit of luck but really Canada seemed content to roll the lines and kept trying to get pucks into the slot where there were too many bodies.   

• Cheers 1