The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 IIHF World Championships

Rate this topic

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe we should have insisted on the same with Petey.  These really young, and still growing, guys need rest.  

I think a gold medal will do wonders for his development compared to resting him tbh... 

Looks like poor man's Luongo (Lundqvist) got lit up and let Petey down. Hopefully they give Marky a chance or even nillson if he's with the team. 

Cory got lit up vs the Slovaks too... Time to put in Thatcher.

We got 3 Swedes, 2 Americans and 1 Canadian... Definitely cheering for the Swedes first then USA. 

Usually I'd puke my guts out at the sight of the American flag but my allegiance lies with the glorious Vancouver Canucks players. If Demko doesn't play then I won't cheer for USA though 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

22 minutes ago, BrazilianCanuck said:

I thought Nylander on Petey's wing was a bad linemate. He did little, lost the puck the majority of times and did not create many chances. Hornqvist was OK, but, man, Nylander is maybe the equivalent of Eriksson for the Leafs

Agree on Nylander but LE actually played well tonight and won lots of battles with and without the puck in a very physical game. 

34 minutes ago, J-P said:

Agree on Nylander but LE actually played well tonight and won lots of battles with and without the puck in a very physical game. 

I was joking on my comment, when I talked about Eriksson haha I actually liked him. In fact, I would like to see him on Petey's wing. They had some moments today

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The first edition of the 2019 IIHF World Championship Power Rankings has been released, with Team USA leading the way.

D6NrNwLWsAAHhp5.jpg:large

Praying for great Britain. Got a close friend representing them, they have a close knit group over there that did some amazing things to qualify.

Two interesting games.   Slovakia so much faster than US and Finns full marks over Canada.   They showed some highlights during game of Swedish game and EP40 made everyone here cheer which was cool.    Long day with travel but looks like US and Canada felt even worse as really no one noticeably fresh on either team.   CS looked really rusty in US net.    Sleepy time.

4 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Reminds me exactly of what Datsyuk used to do (probably still does):

Watch him around the 2:20 mark where he just stands still and uses his stick to protect the puck. 

Actually what EP did reminded me of the Sedins actually, they used to do something similar to this where the guy with the puck would leave it between their legs but wave their stick infront to draw the attention to protect it and the other would come in behind and grab it, EP added some foot work into it now.

Thats a typical "Germany Game".

They are the way better team but they are unable to hit the net .

i dont know how many games like this i have watched in the past years ...decades .....:picard:

if you have some kind of heart disease or bloodpresure issues ...thats defintely not a game you should watch 

MVP of the Game so far  ...The British Goalie

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

Thank you Moritz Seider ....  1-0 Germany

it took 25 Shots for the Lead  ..Great Britain has 11 Shots on Goal. 

I think the Germans fill the net in the third.  I say the game ends 5-0.  Seider looks like a player.  He’s so calm.  I hope the Canucks can draft him.  

• Like 1