Sign in to follow this  
CanuckGAME

Nikita Tryamkin said he watched the Canucks game last night.

Rate this topic

Somebody should read Tree the story, Chicken Little. 

He wanted to skip the rebuild phase and come play when the work was done. I’m not sure how I feel about that. 

Sure, he and his wife didn’t like hipster Vancouver and it’s ever-present smell of dope and they had no real family here, but to come back next season would be an interesting character discussion.  

• Hydration 2
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

With the tools Tryamkin brings to this team, you have to leave the past in your rearview mirror.  

Not like this organization treated him the greatest as well.  Sitting him in a room watching Pronger highlights is a pretty strange move.

Did this really happen?

If so, WTF were they doing? Was Pronger stomping on Kesler's leg in the highlight?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Somebody should read Tree the story, Chicken Little. 

He wanted to skip the rebuild phase and come play when the work was done. I’m not sure how I feel about that. 

Sure, he and his wife didn’t like hipster Vancouver and it’s ever-present smell of dope and they had no real family here, but to come back next season would be an interesting character discussion.  

I think the way Willie was utilizing him and the team trying to change the way he played (when he was just fine the way he was), played a bigger part in him leaving than the fact we were in the middle of a rebuild.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, khay said:

Did this really happen?

If so, WTF were they doing? Was Pronger stomping on Kesler's leg in the highlight?

That was their way to get him to play "tougher". Even though he was already standing up guys, and sticking up for teammates more than most of the players on the team at that time. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jaku said:

Nikita has said in the past he still follows the Canucks. Personally I'm taking this with a grain of salt and not going to read into this much. 

The one thing is Tryamkin has been pretty consistent in saying he would like to come back to the NHL one day. I can easily see him coming back to us after his KHL contract.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Adding Hughes, Tryamkin and potentially Byram would make this defence much better. But we’re still missing a defenceman that has ‘the shot’ from the point.

I know Groot never got to many PP opportunities but he has a cannon and his wrist/snap shot is superior to Jake or Brocks,

Benning wants to seriously try for the playoffs and miss an opportunity at Alexis Lafrenière, Quinton Byfield, Anton Lundell and Noel Gunler then he goes to Russia and buys Tryamkin's contract, this is a common thing in Europe and even though the Canucks cannot honor that contract, NHL rules, they can offer him a new one.

They will not do that though because there will be a labour stoppage in 2020/2021 so they are better off making sure they don't end up in the same boat as many "almost" teams.

• Haha 1

Just now, Odd. said:

Byram has the shot if you seen him play in WHL. 

He has 26 goals as a defenseman. Guy has a shot. 

I swear if we get Byram and hell even Tryamkin comes after NEXT season (contract ends next season so I would assume he comes the season after), our defense is set, like literally set.

Benning by passed two players with much superior numbers that Byram, the thing Byram has that Benning likes is he is smaller than league average, it seems Benning is determined to ice a team the same size as he was when he was cut for being too small.

Small is okay for the easy season, build for the real season, playoffs.

Edited by TheGuardian_
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

5 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

I know Groot never got to many PP opportunities but he has a cannon and his wrist/snap shot is superior to Jake or Brocks,

Come on man... Tryamkin doesn't have a better shot than Brock Friggen Boeser. Just. No. Way.

• Hydration 1

6 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Benning wants to seriously try for the playoffs and miss an opportunity at Alexis Lafrenière, Quinton Byfield, Anton Lundell and Noel Gunler then he goes to Russia and buys Tryamkin's contract, this is a common thing in Europe and even though the Canucks cannot honor that contract, NHL rules, they can offer him a new one.

They will not do that though because there will be a labour stoppage in 2020/2021 so they are better off making sure they don't end up in the same boat as many "almost" teams.

:huh::unsure: