The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin said he watched the Canucks game last night.

CanuckGAME

19 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Give it a rest.   If you're not willing to look at the facts, you're wasting our time wadr.

He's second to Kopitar in powerplay ice time among forwards, third on the Kings (Poughty the only other guy with more).

He's gotten higher ozone starts than every regular on the Kings roster with the exception of Mike Amadio - a 22 yr old who has played 40 games.

Blah blah, poor Kovalchuk's "deployment" is the issue.

It's one thing to poopoo statistics as if they're entirely meaningless.

It's another to have no idea how the player has actually been deployed - ignore that reality - and come in here with stories about not being utilized or given opportunities to produce.

That's complete b.s.

On the contrary,   your breaking the the singular game of player down analytically,  to provide excuses for the poor deployment of a Coach... and not a winning one.

In comparison,

I’ve never heard of analytics for a Coach.. of course his decisions are reflective of the players he puts on the ice (deployment),  

and how his team performs because of that.

There are stats for that right?..    Wins? Losses?

14 minutes ago, oldnews said:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0000392014.html

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0000392015.html

For you folks that perceive WD to be such a buzzkill to top 6 forwards' production - do a fair comparison to what he inherited.

And for people that are dumbfounded as to why Megna played 12 minutes a game under Desjardins in 16/17....have a look at that year's roster, it's depth, and the injuries to forwards like Baertschi, Hansen, Burrows, Granlund, Dorsett.....

What an affront to Boucher, Drew Shore (an emergency signing out of Europe), Chaput, Cramarossa, Skille, Zalewski, Labate, Grenier, Rendulic....who played less than Megna.

I'm sure all us armchair quarterbacks could have made more of that group.

I was in favour of promoting Green - but aside from complaining about Vey's 13 minutes a night in 14/15 - a season he had 24 pts as a rookie, or the following year (41 games, 15 pts, 15 minutes a night....the obsession with Desjardins probably actually exceeds his own alleged thing for Vey.

Obsessions for some,  proof in the pudding for others.

Look at what the same Coach inherited in L.A.  and he is in 30th place out of 31 teams:

https://www.nhl.com/kings/roster

w h o o s h.

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

First of all - woosh.  You've whiffed on virtually the entire post...

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

blaming that on Desjardins is....lame

42 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Nothing resembling the story you buy and sell.

So the poor Kovalchuk - who got demoted to 4th line dump and chase after 14 games at a ppg - is a bullcrap narrative wadr.

42 minutes ago, oldnews said:

And what's also patently obvious is how misleading the 6 minutes a game storyline is - complete b.s.

The soft soap isn't selling here.  The idea taht he has only 9 goals and 17 pts in the last 46 g - as if because of Willie - is such weak stuff.

20 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Give it a rest.   If you're not willing to look at the facts, you're wasting our time wadr.

Blah blah, poor Kovalchuk's "deployment" is the issue.

That's complete b.s.

You may have good points in there, but you layered them in so many heaps of ridicule and self-righteous BS that I can't be bothered.

If only you were as knowledgeable in social analytics, maybe you could stop deploying yourself in the A-hole zone so frequently...wadr.

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Obsessions for some,  proof in the pudding for others.

Look at what the same Coach inherited in L.A.  and he is in 30th place out of 31 teams:

https://www.nhl.com/kings/roster

w h o o s h.

You can read from the body language of all the kings star players.... 

It's like they've been told by ownership to tank this year and collect their paycheques and come ready to win next year. 

Either that or they've lost all morale and interest... 

Can't blame Willie D... Hes not a terrible coach. 

Honestly, whatever bad blood has happened has happened, I'd rather just have a good team instead of focusing on how Tryamkin was treated before. If we have a better team as a result of him coming over, does it really matter about the fine details about how we got to that point? Let's just have a good team.

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

On the contrary,   your breaking the the singular game of player down analytically,  to provide excuses for the poor deployment of a Coach... and not a winning one.

Um what?  You're making zero sense. 

Those are his numbers for the entire season - they literally prove that he has some of the most favourable deployment on the KIngs.  You're sticking your head in the sand on this one.

5 hours ago, D-Money said:

You may have good points in there, but you layered them in so many heaps of ridicule and self-righteous BS that I can't be bothered.

If only you were as knowledgeable in social analytics, maybe you could stop deploying yourself in the A-hole zone so frequently...wadr.

Meh - it's probably time I give up the CDC thing - certainly doesn't bring out the best.

At the same time, I've seen enough ignorant, self-impressed D-Money posts over the years - to disregard this hypocritical sensitivity  play outright.

The points are the point (and had already been made btw)..  If you're all of a sudden too '"sensitive" to hear such offensive words as "poor, "weak" or "b.s." - kudos to you - you must be a new man.

I think instead it's more a matter though, of not having any real counterpoints left / er, 'I'm offended.'

If anyone is qualified to lecture me about 'social analytics' or being an A-hole, you've got Professor status, tenure even.

2 hours ago, apollo said:

You can read from the body language of all the kings star players.... 

It's like they've been told by ownership to tank this year and collect their paycheques and come ready to win next year. 

Either that or they've lost all morale and interest... 

Can't blame Willie D... Hes not a terrible coach. 

I agree apollo.  And I'd have to correct an opinion of mine earlier, where I considered Kovalchuk an odd signing.

It's probably understandable in the context of:

Kopitar

Doughty

Quick

Carter

Martinez

Muzzin

Realistically, LA. is probaby about as fair-weather/bandwagon a market as they come.

Are they going to sell any tickets through a 'transition'?  They could scarcely sell early round playoff tickets.

They probably looked at that aging core and figured a rething is not really a viable market approach - and had been using their futures to buy now for quite some time without a great deal of future in the tank.  Adding more "star power" to sell tickets...might make sense on a certain level to try to milk some more competitiveness out of that group.

But they start out 4-8-1 with a pretty good coach imo (Stevens) - and enter Desjardins, in a situation/context not that unlike the one he faced in Vancouver.

Aside from having another NHL job - it's a lose-lose situation for him - he doesn't have the options to transition to, his older veterans aren't what they used to be - and a lot of them would be hard to find buyers for, particularly with their terms.  I thnk the contempt for Desjardins is way overdone - they were a sinking ship well before they handed him the wheel.

Archived