The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin said he watched the Canucks game last night.

CanuckGAME

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

if Nik had the impression Willie wanted a goon then that would contribute to all the other issues people have raised. 

If he wanted a goon I'd have shown Darian Hatcher highlights instead.

4 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I don't know if it was entitled as much as the culture shock part. Even his agent said recently that Nik has "matured" so take that for whatever its worth. I would think now that he's married, been playing regular pro games for a couple years, he see's the opportunity in front of him right now. 

And it is now, the more I think about it. If Nik waits, who knows what the Canucks plans are? Say Benning goes out and spends big on Myers, and Woo is good enough to make the team after next year? With Edler, Hughes and Juolevi on the left side as well. Suddenly there's a lot more competition for a job. 

If Nik signs now, Benning probably doesn't go out and get Myers. If I were Niks agent, I'd be looking for an extra 1 mil bonus money so Nik can buy out his deal and then look for a 2 year 5-6 mil deal ( 3 mil per). After that Nik has his life secured no matter what. Seems like a no-brainer to me but people want what they want. 

$5 or $6 mill is a lot.

It also leaves Tryamkin UFA on expiry if we sign only a two year deal.  Call me greedy, but I'd like to lock the guy up longer term.   

8 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

$5 or $6 mill is a lot.

It also leaves Tryamkin UFA on expiry if we sign only a two year deal.  Call me greedy, but I'd like to lock the guy up longer term.   

I figured thats what his agent would likely want. Maybe 10 mil over 3 years? 3.33 per? 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I figured thats what his agent would likely want. Maybe 10 mil over 3 years? 3.33 per? 

That would be reasonable for someone who hasn't shown a whole lot, other than a tantalizing glimpse, in the NHL.

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Wrong era D man to use as an example to coach a new player in today’s game..

Wrong era Coach was fired,. Rightfully.

In the mean time we lost a player with a high potential for today’s game.. one I think most want to come back.

Scott Stevens career would not survive either,. His would go the way of Raffi Torres with multiple suspensions.

So what if they were trying to show Tree ‘the cross’ which is what some might know Scott Stevens as doing where you slide over and nail the forward cutting across the neutral zone with the puck, on your wrong side?

I had coaches do the same. 

Why must everyone infer that that they were trying to show him how to “elbow” people? As if that’s all there was to Chris &^@#ing Pronger’s game. Maybe they could have just showed Shea Weber’s play. Maybe they did. 

7 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

The dead weight is our two best defensemen, Tanev and Edler.  Great guys, no mistake... but very hard to have $9.5 million locked down on a couple of very injury-prone players.

Totally disagree Bob...they have just been miss-cast

Makes a big difference

7 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

Who the **** were you watching?   He played plenty tough.  Not sure what some of you guys are expecting?  Hes a big man who skates as good as anyone and can move the puck.  

He threw hits and would fight.  What more were you hoping for?

Willie D is that you???

This clip really does make me weep!

I can not understand for the life of me, how anyone could not want that on your team

I mean really????

Did he not also thank his team's fans on instagram after his postseason, promising to be back next year? I believe he has another year on his contract in Russia and do think he will honour it. After it's over, though, it's anyone's guess as to where Nikita is heading.

I admire that he's pursued his own happiness and not anchored himself to a situation he wasn't very fond of. (I'm not sure, of course, on exactly why he left- but obviously he felt it was in his interests, either professionally or emotionally.) Hockey is a sport of loyalty, but that loyalty shouldn't be at the expense of a player's wishes for themselves.

I think he would be a great addition to the team if he does come back and would certainly be willing to welcome him as a fan.

1 hour ago, DADDYROCK said:

People don't forget

Olli Juolevi

this young man could be rock steady on the blue line for years,not flashy just solid in both ends of the rink.

We certainly could use a defense man or two to chip in a few points because the one we have now (EDLER IS GETTING OLDER) and the rest are lacking in this regard.

Of course we get Hughes at the end of this season who shows great promise ,just to get a few season ticket holders to renew,but we need more and Mr. Benning will I'm sure seek out a few more possible candidates for the job.

The Draft will be kind to us (so is it written ,so shall it be done),

because we are due for some luck.

Probably a good thing to get the microscope off him for a bit. He's probably going to quietly become one of our more effective all round dmen. Maybe a Sami Salo without the blistering shot.

I find it hilarious that there are some that think Willie was showing footage of Pronger's dirty plays and telling Tryamkin to follow that lead. Pronger was an all round threat and was a decent skater for his size. I'm pretty sure they were demonstrating who he could learn from if he expects to be given the minutes he wanted especially considering Pronger was capable of playing 30 minutes a night since he was so reliable.

Tram was just a casualty of Willie. Our defence could use help, but I'm not sure Tram is the be-all-end-all. I saw him get burned a lot in KHL highlights (follow them on twitter). 

I believe he still has a year there and to void his contract there would be to buy it out himself as I understand it.

3 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Tram was just a casualty of Willie. Our defence could use help, but I'm not sure Tram is the be-all-end-all. I saw him get burned a lot in KHL highlights (follow them on twitter). 

I believe he still has a year there and to void his contract there would be to buy it out himself as I understand it.

Maybe but the KHL is the second best league in the world so its not he is getting walked by part-time plumbers. I also believe that Tryamkin would fare better in that regard on the smaller surface than the larger one. Less room for them to go around him. But I have seen little of him since he left so maybe he might struggle to adjust to the speed. This is a different league than the one he left. Maybe my hopes are misplaced but I have sky high expectations from this kid. I genuinely believe that with the right coaching he would be an absolute monster with his size and his reach.

26 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

More like a casualty of his own ego.  Rookie d men showed up to camp out of shape and wanted more ice time, and refused any stint in AHL for conditioning. Nice attitude. As soon as he faces adversity, he bolts home. 

I could not care about anything in the past...……….it is done and gone

All I care is, if Tryamkin can help the Canucks...……..

I think he can......it is my opinion......

But this I know, as fact

1. Tryamkin was playing well when he left

2. He is physical without fighting

3. He is pretty agile

4. he has one mother of a wing span

and more importantly

5. he is our prospect

6. He is represented by an successful hockey agent that can find a million dollars if he wants him to.

Pretty simple!

Archived