The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PDSF: (P2) San Jose Sharks vs. (P3) Vegas Golden Knights | Sharks win series 4-3

Rate this topic

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Sharks in 4
    • Sharks in 5
    • Sharks in 6
    • Sharks in 7
    • Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/13/2019 at 02:30 AM

1 minute ago, Rindiculous said:

How quickly you forget how the sharks were screwed over early in the series and even earlier in the game 

How much you ignore how many teams get screwed in SJ games 9-2 and that major is absolutely disgusting. And Sharks got away with about 3 calls in the 3rd too. 

• Wat 1

When people who have played the game and are far more knowledgeable than me say it was at the most a 2 min penalty I tend to defer to their judgement. That's the beauty of sports - there's always "what ifs" - my personal heartbreak one is Lafayette hitting that damn post in 94. What I love about hockey is it always seems to work out and balance in the end. Karma will bite San Jose at some point. Of course that Karma is likely going to be the Avs. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I've reffed hundreds of games in my life and one thing you never want to do is affect the outcome of a game, especially on a call you got wrong.

I think these guys will have trouble sleeping for a while....

I don't care what team you cheer for - if anyone truly thinks that wasn't a blown call and cost a team a series they need to give their head a shake. This wasn't a 2 minute penalty - it was a 5 minute major - kudos to San Jose for doing what they did and I don't think the refs intentionally did it but totally agree - I will be shocked if they get to work the next series.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

vegas had plenty of opportunities to close the series out, but choked a 3-1 lead. the loss is on them. you shouldn't allow 4 goals on a pp. i just hope joe pavelski is ok

Sounds a lot like the oilers from a few years back Lolol.  Did we have sympathy on them?  Absolutely not!

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I've reffed hundreds of games in my life and one thing you never want to do is affect the outcome of a game, especially on a call you got wrong.

I think these guys will have trouble sleeping for a while....

That was brutal. Hrudey said it best they made the call based on the emotion of the injury. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

I don't care about the whole bias thing, that was incredible to watch. How often I've seen teams get the call like that on an injury and do nothing with it. To score 4 like that was awesome. This is a league where you have to live with getting screwed some games on penalties, and Vegas failed to answer there. I mean heck, last game, Vegas had the power play to win it and they allowed San Jose to win it short handed there, so don't act like they never had their chances to end the Sharks. San Jose earned the win in incredible fashion.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, drdeath said:

Still waiting for the Canucks’ 5 minute power play to start game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final after Boychuk broke Raymond’s back. 

in an alternate dimension, it was the other way around, but raymond literally rips boychuks spine out and scores the game winner with it, and the canucks win the stanley cup

• Haha 2

Just now, MikeBossy said:

I don't care what team you cheer for - if anyone truly thinks that wasn't a blown call and cost a team a series they need to give their head a shake. This wasn't a 2 minute penalty - it was a 5 minute major - kudos to San Jose for doing what they did and I don't think the refs intentionally did it but totally agree - I will be shocked if they get to work the next series.

Well top that off with he got ejected!!! Which seems to me refs thought their was intent to injure or else why eject him? Eakin was one of the better VGK players out there.

• Cheers 1