The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PDSF: (P2) San Jose Sharks vs. (P3) Vegas Golden Knights | Sharks win series 4-3

Rate this topic

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Sharks in 4
    • Sharks in 5
    • Sharks in 6
    • Sharks in 7
    • Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/13/2019 at 02:30 AM

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

And was it?

To the head of Pavelski's (expletive deleted). That being said, there was no need for Richie Cunningham to attack Pavelski after the draw. It was pointless and got them into trouble they clearly didn't need. Eakin was penalized for being stupid.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

That was a legit major.....maybe not a suspension, but a legit call.  The call last night wasn't even a penalty.

If I remember correctly,  the Rome hit was timed as .8 of a second after the release of the puck.

Brutal officiating.. right up the pecking order.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

And was it?

Everyone saw in the slow-mo that it wasn't.  He was judging in real time though - the cross-check was high so depending on where he was standing it's very well possible that he saw it to the head.  It's a mistake but I don't think they were deliberately trying to make the wrong call.

Refs are judged too and only half of them advance to the next round.  Back in 2014 it was already 18K per round - it's probably more now. 

Ray Ferraro with the most logical response to the whole thing

It was a missed call for sure, but I look at it as the Kadri effect. He crosschecked another man's head into the front row so that set the precedent. In real time it looked like the crosscheck was high but upon replays, it was nowhere near that. In the end though, Vegas pk failed them and the sharks rallied for their badly injured teammate

The Sharks had way more crappy calls called against them. The game 2 disallowed turned into a penalty was the most egregious one in the series. That totally changed the momentum of the series. If the Sharks made the comeback there after being down 3-0 and after pounding the Knights in game one. Completely different series.

Full credit to the Sharks for shaking off the terrible NHL officiating and capitalizing on it as well.

That said, wow. What an epic game. It was better than the Germany vs Russia gold medal game in the Olympics and that was nuts. Crazy crazy game.

Couture is a beast. If we can get someone like him with our 10th overall this year I would be happy.

Thornton seemed like a liability though and should retire after this. Pavelski didn’t look so hot after the puck in the face goal in game 1 so he should probably call it quits too.

Edited by Tomatoes11
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Dredger got it right with that tweet.

iPads are a commonly used tool by Coaches and players..   Referees SHOULD have access to the same tools to do their job as best they can.. especially in playoff hockey.

in the same amount of time it took to “confer” with all referees, an iPad could have been used between them.

What century are we in?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Still doesn't excuse his diving in both series against Van. 

And since I like Boston as well I hated No Show Joe in the playoffs too. 

Oh you are a Boston fan. That explains everything lol

Edited by Tomatoes11
  • Wat 1

13 hours ago, Rindiculous said:

Vegas dives just as much if not more and on top of that their coach is an absolute knobhead.  Deserved to be humiliated in floridaFlorida

Don’t forget Reeves, the second most despised player after Marchand.

They are like knee hunter marchments heir apparents. 

13 hours ago, Roberts said:

I just turned the game on to Pavelski leaving injured, now a 5 minute major.

was the 5 minute major deserved?

Probably not deserved but it was similar to EP’s concussion but less borderline than that and with less intent. Reckless for sure though, you still need to be responsible.

14 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Yeah, but these guys will be reffing Canucks games next year. This game is being decided by horrible reffing. He fell and the ref's reacted to the crowd and the blood. Would not have even been considered for a penalty in any regular season game if he didn't hit his head

Sanjose got the worse calls throughout the series, this is just the law of averages evening up all those egregious calls that put them into a 3-1 series hole.

Edited by Tomatoes11

1 hour ago, mll said:

Everyone saw in the slow-mo that it wasn't.  He was judging in real time though - the cross-check was high so depending on where he was standing it's very well possible that he saw it to the head.  It's a mistake but I don't think they were deliberately trying to make the wrong call.

Refs are judged too and only half of them advance to the next round.  Back in 2014 it was already 18K per round - it's probably more now. 

So we agree then. It was a bad call. 

• Cheers 1

This is the first adversity this Vegas franchise has to face in their brief existence in the league. I wonder if things go downhill from here, will they say all because of the Cody-Eakin-crosscheck? 

12 hours ago, ForestFalcon said:

I don't care about the whole bias thing, that was incredible to watch. How often I've seen teams get the call like that on an injury and do nothing with it. To score 4 like that was awesome. This is a league where you have to live with getting screwed some games on penalties, and Vegas failed to answer there. I mean heck, last game, Vegas had the power play to win it and they allowed San Jose to win it short handed there, so don't act like they never had their chances to end the Sharks. San Jose earned the win in incredible fashion.

This exactly. Hilarious how the Vegas fan boys are whining when the refs basically handed them a 3-1 series lead. Lol

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I knew it when O'Halleran was the ref some bs call was going to happen in a game 7

7 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I knew it when O'Halleran was the ref some bs call was going to happen in a game 7

what about Mr. Canuck,Image result for kelly sutherland nhl

:bigblush:

• Haha 1