-Vintage Canuck-

PDSF: (P2) San Jose Sharks vs. (P3) Vegas Golden Knights | Sharks win series 4-3

Rate this topic

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I knew it when O'Halleran was the ref some bs call was going to happen in a game 7

 

7 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I knew it when O'Halleran was the ref some bs call was going to happen in a game 7

what about Mr. Canuck,Image result for kelly sutherland nhl

 

:bigblush:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SilentSam said:

There was no call on the play,  no hands went up from either referee..  they did not see it,.  

They saw Eakin clear Pavelski, after Pavelski winning the face off (touching the puck).  Eakin uses the shaft of his stick to move Pavelski and get lane/ coverage point coverage position, which has happened consistently almost every face off in every series so far. Pavelski loses his balance and falls into Statsnys lane as Statsny pushes through for coverage as well.. Pavelski falls to the ice awkwardly, hits his head, looks like his ear is pressure cut from the helmet or face visor he is wearing.

Play continues until the refs realize there is an injured man down.

Refs decide Eakin hit Pavelski was hit in the head with the stick.

 

.. and today the NHL is covering up a terrible call.    Double shame.

Pretty much exactly what happened.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worst 5-minute major call ever let alone in game 7 of a playoff series. I didn't care who won I had sharks in my playoff pool but man that was awful. That was truly awful. Vegas should be in round 2.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As bad as that call ended up costing Vegas, they did blew a 3-1 lead. Game 6 had a PP in OT to wrap it up but gave up a SHG. 

 

Avs should take care of SJ. Jones really sucked except for one game. McKinnon and Rantanen will eat him alive. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

Ray Ferraro with the most logical response to the whole thing

 

 

It was a missed call for sure, but I look at it as the Kadri effect. He crosschecked another man's head into the front row so that set the precedent. In real time it looked like the crosscheck was high but upon replays, it was nowhere near that. In the end though, Vegas pk failed them and the sharks rallied for their badly injured teammate

It's fine if they didn't see it, it's a fast game. It happens.

 

What's not fine is reacting solely on the aftermath and the reaction of the crowd. That is where the refs are not doing their job properly.

 

If they believe a bad hit was made but they weren't sure how bad, call a 2 minute minor and a 10 minute misconduct. That's what a good veteran ref would do. You get rid of the player and punish the offending team without giving the other team a huge advantage. At that point in the game even if the sharks only got 2 goals it was a game changer.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ice is too crowded as is. Take one ref and put him in a on ice booth to watch the replays, in real time, and get ALL the calls right. Saves time too. Refs are always skating over to the booth anyway. 

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Basically every Hockey person I heard today thought the call was a joke, at worst it should have been a 2 min minor except....Matt Sekeres who must be the new Dave Pratt as god awful radio host. I have heard people not like his voice on radio but the guy is just annoying and hearing what he said today about Vegas was of no surprise.

 

Vegas should be annoyed, sure they could have not allowed 4 G on that 5 min PP but fact of the matter is at worst it was a 2 min minor and the game is 3-1 and its 5-5. Is it possible SJ could still tie the game, yes but not near as likely when you have 5 full min on the PP.

 

Oh well, I hope the Sharks lose next round, if for some reason they win the cup I think there will be a BIG *********************************** ASTERISK****************************  beside it as they should have never been given that 5 min round altering PP for a guy who got out muscled and fell awkwardly to the ice

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if they had replay, would they really have the guts to overturn it?  And who wants to wait 30mins for the call, when there wasn't even a call on the ice in this case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

The ice is too crowded as is. Take one ref and put him in a on ice booth to watch the replays, in real time, and get ALL the calls right. Saves time too. Refs are always skating over to the booth anyway. 

That's actually a really interesting idea.   There are too many bodies on the ice, I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, amplified0ne said:

Even if they had replay, would they really have the guts to overturn it?  And who wants to wait 30mins for the call, when there wasn't even a call on the ice in this case.

Pretty sure the Knights are ok with that.  Maybe they could have it just for playoffs, where the stakes are so high.  I don't like VGK, but they got the shaft, big time.......that should never have happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Basically every Hockey person I heard today thought the call was a joke, at worst it should have been a 2 min minor except....Matt Sekeres who must be the new Dave Pratt as god awful radio host. I have heard people not like his voice on radio but the guy is just annoying and hearing what he said today about Vegas was of no surprise.

 

Vegas should be annoyed, sure they could have not allowed 4 G on that 5 min PP but fact of the matter is at worst it was a 2 min minor and the game is 3-1 and its 5-5. Is it possible SJ could still tie the game, yes but not near as likely when you have 5 full min on the PP.

 

Oh well, I hope the Sharks lose next round, if for some reason they win the cup I think there will be a BIG *********************************** ASTERISK****************************  beside it as they should have never been given that 5 min round altering PP for a guy who got out muscled and fell awkwardly to the ice

 

 

 

Oh please! Cry me a freaking river!

 

Yes it was a blown call but that’s nothing new in the NHL.

 

The game 2 blown disallowed goal plus goalie interference call was much much worse than this. Sanjose spanked them game 1. Was down 3-0 in game 2, manage to tie it and then eventually go ahead 4-3 to only have that bs call disallow the goal and put Vegas on a power play where they eventually scored. If Sanjose was up 2-0 like they should have been, this probably doesn’t even go to game 7. That blown call handed Vegas a 3-1 series lead on a freaking platter.

 

Another one was Eakins clearly high stick goal in the very same game you are whining about. 2-0 vs 1-0 like it should have been changed the game plenty. Almost handed Vegas game 7.

 

Don’t whine about a 5 minute major they should have been able to kill off. It wasn’t even a gifted or taken away goal. Those two goals I mentioned were straight up given to Vegas. 100% concrete free two goal swing. Sanjose was gifted a major but they still had to score. It could have been a zero goal swing if Vegas killed off the penalty unlike the guaranteed 100% two goal swing Vegas was gifted in this series. Ask any coach or team if they would take a 2 goal buffer or a 5 minute major in a series and 100% of the time the team takes the two goal buffer.

 

If there is no Asterisk for Tampa’s cup win where Calgary clearly won in 5, why the hell would there be one in this case?! Please! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tomatoes11 said:

Oh please! Cry me a freaking river!

 

Yes it was a blown call but that’s nothing new in the NHL.

 

The game 2 blown disallowed goal plus goalie interference call was much much worse than this. Sanjose spanked them game 1. Was down 3-0 in game 2, manage to tie it and then eventually go ahead 4-3 to only have that bs call disallow the goal and put Vegas on a power play where they eventually scored. If Sanjose was up 2-0 like they should have been, this probably doesn’t even go to game 7. That blown call handed Vegas a 3-1 series lead on a freaking platter.

 

Another one was Eakins clearly high stick goal in the very same game you are whining about. 2-0 vs 1-0 like it should have been changed the game plenty. Almost handed Vegas game 7.

 

Don’t whine about a 5 minute major they should have been able to kill off. It wasn’t even a gifted or taken away goal. Those two goals I mentioned were straight up given to Vegas. 100% concrete free two goal swing. Sanjose was gifted a major but they still had to score. It could have been a zero goal swing if Vegas killed off the penalty unlike the guaranteed 100% two goal swing Vegas was gifted in this series. Ask any coach or team if they would take a 2 goal buffer or a 5 minute major in a series and 100% of the time the team takes the two goal buffer.

 

If there is no Asterisk for Tampa’s cup win where Calgary clearly won in 5, why the hell would there be one in this case?! Please! 

dont forget when the preds were screwed in 2017 on a blown call. that was worse imo, or when the stars won the cup in '99 when brett hull scored, but at the time, when a player is in the crease the plays blown dead because of the clint malarchuk rule, but ofc next year the league changes the rules. the sabres were SCREWED that year, so we've seen worse, but people tend to forget history

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.