The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TSN] - Louie Eriksson to retire after July 1st. Mutual agreement with Canucks has been reached

Hindustan Smyl

Not sure how I feel about this thread.

First, hard to bite on something like this on an April fool's day - guess I just had my guard up too much.

Second, there's that ugly ass avatar of the OP - with Messier wearing this uniform, arms high in the air....that alone almost made me minus this lol. 

But I'm gonna resist that minus button because I'm not sure it enhances the dynamics on these boards - and almost seems to encourage some minus-hunting trolls.  Would probably rather see the boards get rid of upvotes and 'rep' points altogther as opposed to adding the minus to it all.

Regardless of how unhappy people might be with LE''s contract - I can't join in the 'celebration' of the idea of him retiring - for me - Eriksson is a Canuck - one that could still score a Stanley Cup winning goal a few years from now...you never know.   And when it comes to the team's "problems" - there are a lot around the league that I would not trade LE for....it's all relative I guess. 

Would I rather have James Neal?  Probably not. 

Would I rather have Lucic?  Probably not. 

Would I rather have Kovalchuk?  Probably not. 

Would I rather have Perry, or Kesler at this point?  Probably not. 

Would I rather eat Marion Hossa's contract?  Probably not.

And that's just a handful of the teams closest to us, in our own division....

Guest chilliwiggins

I read it and was happy and even paused for a second to start thinking what we could buy with that and the next comment shattered all those spendy thoughts ha ha good one

Archived