The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brogan Rafferty | D

GoldenAlien

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

All depends on the potential return. There's a threshold where dealing him at the TDL makes sense vs waiting until this summer and trading his rights and keeping our depth for a playoff run.

Certainly something in sure him will explore though ;)

In 5 years we have traded Burrows & Hansen at the deadline. And that was when we sulked. 

And now we’re in 1st place? The race anyway.

i don’t think there is much to suggest we will be sellers.

5 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

In 5 years we have traded Burrows & Hansen at the deadline. And that was when we sulked. 

And now we’re in 1st place? The race anyway.

i don’t think there is much to suggest we will be sellers.

As I said, depends on the return and/or other moves but, again, as I said, is more likely to occur this summer.

On 2/8/2020 at 2:54 AM, GoodCanadianKideh said:

Skates past all five players :blush:

the young man has definitely earned a call up to see what he can do at the NHL level. 

he's unreal at the AHL level, see if he can replicate much of what he does there with the Canucks. IF, he can, boy watch out. he's also the coveted RD defenseman. 

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

He’s either an ehrhoff or a Marc Andre granghni.  

The problem with Gragnani was he couldn’t skate...

On 2/8/2020 at 3:54 AM, GoodCanadianKideh said:

Skates past all five players :blush:

...Safe to say he ain’t a Gragnani.

Edited by D-Money
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Definitely provides skill we're lacking from the backend.

Hopefully he can be a competent defender though at the NHL level.

Which is exactly why we need to remain patient with him in the AHL. He's learning the game and will continue to learn it in the NHL, but let him have all the time down there that can be afforded.

With that said I see him being on the team after the trade deadline. Tanev, or maybe Stecher, will be traded

• Wat 1

9 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Definitely provides skill we're lacking from the backend.

Hopefully he can be a competent defender though at the NHL level.

If anything, I'd say it's playing in our own zone (and getting the puck out of it) that's been lacking more so in our lineup. Some of that's on the forwards helping out (or lack thereof), not just the D though. We already have a decent amount of skill on the back end.

As much as I'd like another look at what Rafferty looks like at this level, I'm not sure he's the cure for what ails us presently.

11 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Which is exactly why we need to remain patient with him in the AHL. He's learning the game and will continue to learn it in the NHL, but let him have all the time down there that can be afforded.

With that said I see him being on the team after the trade deadline. Tanev, or maybe Stecher, will be traded

Just stop with the Tanev trade stuff already.

A team trying to make the playoffs and do well does not trade their top defensive D man.  Good god.....

:picard:

• Huggy Bear 1

6 hours ago, aGENT said:

If anything, I'd say it's playing in our own zone (and getting the puck out of it) that's been lacking more so in our lineup. Some of that's on the forwards helping out (or lack thereof), not just the D though. We already have a decent amount of skill on the back end.

As much as I'd like another look at what Rafferty looks like at this level, I'm not sure he's the cure for what ails us presently.

Yeah we need a defenseman who likes to stay at home and throw the body. Maybe two of them if we lose Tanev.

Usually want to pair an offensive guy with a defensive one.

22 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Yeah we need a defenseman who likes to stay at home and throw the body. Maybe two of them if we lose Tanev.

Usually want to pair an offensive guy with a defensive one.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked (though obviously not expecting) to see a major trade for another (top 4) D with Stecher, perhaps a young roster forward and/or a prospect or pick going the other way +/-. 

Would give us a FAR deeper D heading in to the playoffs and a hell of a lot of leverage this summer when negotiating with Tanev/insulation against him walking.

12 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Just stop with the Tanev trade stuff already.

A team trying to make the playoffs and do well does not trade their top defensive D man.  Good god.....

:picard:

unless by chance a younger equivalent is brought in.. I don't think we're desperate enough to make any crazy trades (think Leafs) and I don't think we're crazy enough to expect a deep run.. this ain't our year

it is however important to get some playoff experience, both for the youngbloods and for Green..

we'll need Tanev to get us there, and we'll need Tanev when we get there

• Upvote 2

On 2/10/2020 at 6:47 AM, RetroCanuck said:

don't think Tanev is going anywhere. I can see Stetcher being traded, only if management feels like Rafferty is ready and can contribute. 

as much as i like Rafferty, he's an unknown. no NHL games. do they give him a chance when things in the playoff race are this tight?

12 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

don't think Tanev is going anywhere. I can see Stetcher being traded, only if management feels like Rafferty is ready and can contribute. 

as much as i like Rafferty, he's an unknown. no NHL games. do they give him a chance when things in the playoff race are this tight?

* 2 NHL games last year actually.

1 minute ago, Dats hockey said:

I really liked him in pre season 2

Yeah, he looked good. A bit of an adventure at times in his own end/making offensive plays/giving away the puck but decent and certainly dynamic.

He actually looks like what I thought Hughes was going to look more like in his first year :lol: Hughes actually being far more poised in his own end than I think pretty much anyone anticipated.

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, he looked good. A bit of an adventure at times in his own end/making offensive plays/giving away the puck but decent and certainly dynamic.

He actually looks like what I thought Hughes was going to look more like in his first year :lol: Hughes actually being far more poised in his own end than I think pretty much anyone anticipated.

Everytime I seen Hughes play in college or Worlds tournament I alway seen him pressuring puck carries, maybe I was blind to it but I didn’t worry about it.

Or Tanev took him under he defensive wing and we don’t know about it

• Cheers 1