The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brogan Rafferty | D

GoldenAlien

6 hours ago, BCNate said:

I like Stecher, but I think as a 15 minute per game 20 point D, we should deal him for an asset rather than watch him walk.  I think that a combo of Rafferty, Brisebois, Chatfield, and to a lesser extent Juolevi and Tryamkin would be able to provide the same value.

I really want to see what we have in Rafferty.  If his game translates to the next level, he would fix a lot of cap issues for this team.

I think Stecher is just scratching the surface of what he can produce...30 -35 points and solid D.

I would rather trade Tanev for a 1st and a prospect and keep Stech.... 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 3

6 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Green holds players back?  I don't get that at all nor have I heard anybody say that.  I think you mean that he makes players earn their ice time.  There's a huge difference

Green was a huge talent in junior but a bust his first year in the NHL and the coach sent him down and made him change his game.

i think Boeser might be on his upward trajectory still with another coach and Bo would have developed quicker too.

Green is fine now except he isn't giving MacEwen and Bailey enough of a shot...unless they are trying to trade Eriksson ...and given his good game last night...either are better.

Rafferty might be on the team tomorrow night....

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Pickly said:

You are willing to give Stecher over 3 million per season? What he can be and what he actually is are two totally different things. I don’t want to rip on the guy, but his play has all of the sudden been inflated by a stellar showing last night. Fact remains he has been pretty average all season long and no more over paying for players who are average. We have too many of those. 

Just met ?Stecher walk on July 1.  Rafferty can play those minutes and better.  

3 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

It is weird, isn't it? 

Yeah...I said some stuff about green.

I bet I could get some real "quality" posts of  yours going back in your timeline!!  Haha...real juicy stuff...

...I won't waste my time. Your posts are not worth it pal. lol

4 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

It is weird, isn't it? 

Lol 5th !!    that is awesome!

.Ive never seen a poster so full of himself in every thread.  

Now facedown in his own BS .

The dude still won’t tap out..  hunt him down..  shred it.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Green was a huge talent in junior but a bust his first year in the NHL and the coach sent him down and made him change his game.

i think Boeser might be on his upward trajectory still with another coach and Bo would have developed quicker too.

Green is fine now except he isn't giving MacEwen and Bailey enough of a shot...unless they are trying to trade Eriksson ...and given his good game last night...either are better.

Rafferty might be on the team tomorrow night....

I think his hands are tied with LE ..

I wonder if there is anything to the rumour created on CDC that there might be a “graceful” exit deal with Loui at the end of the season.

45 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Yeah...I said some stuff about green.

I bet I could get some real "quality" posts of  yours going back in your timeline!!  Haha...real juicy stuff...

...I won't waste my time. Your posts are not worth it pal. lol

The 5th Line is King.

• Haha 1

On 2/22/2020 at 10:37 AM, Qwags said:

Rafferty's 40 points moves him into a tie for the club record for points by a D-man.

With who? Future Hall of Famer Bobby Sanguinetti.

So what? There are thousands of hockey players that didn’t score in their first game, does that make them all equally ineffective and therefore have no future? What you said is just dumb. Sanguinetti had a history of weak defensive play - the downfall of most NHL wannabes. Rafferty has played well defensively - at least at an AHL level.  Rafferty has only played two NHL games during which he improved on almost every shift. Only time will tell what his future holds, but what he isn’t is Sanguinetti, as anyone who has watched them both play can attest.

On 2/22/2020 at 10:37 AM, Qwags said:

Rafferty's 40 points moves him into a tie for the club record for points by a D-man.

With who? Future Hall of Famer Bobby Sanguinetti.

All I was saying is that it is impressive what Rafferty has done. In comparing him to Sanguinetti, I was parodying the great Desi. 

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I think his hands are tied with LE ..

I wonder if there is anything to the rumour created on CDC that there might be a “graceful” exit deal with Loui at the end of the season.

If i were LE I would take the 5M on July 1st (or whenever it is) and paddle on back to Sweden...I don't know if that is graceful or not but it beats riding busses in Utica...!

Just a few more hours to see if Rafferty is coming up for one of our D....

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, Pickly said:

You are willing to give Stecher over 3 million per season? What he can be and what he actually is are two totally different things. I don’t want to rip on the guy, but his play has all of the sudden been inflated by a stellar showing last night. Fact remains he has been pretty average all season long and no more over paying for players who are average. We have too many of those. 

Fact remains he has been one of our top 4 D all season...get your facts straight....

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

16 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Fact remains he has been one of our top 4 D all season...get your facts straight....

That’s because our defensive is pretty bad. That’s like saying Hutton was one of

our top 4 D the last 3 seasons because, well, he’s all we had.  

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

If i were LE I would take the 5M on July 1st (or whenever it is) and paddle on back to Sweden...I don't know if that is graceful or not but it beats riding busses in Utica...!

Just a few more hours to see if Rafferty is coming up for one of our D....

Daniel Gee (@DanielGScouting) Tweeted:
Soooo... Jack Rathbone played again today recording 1A and 5 shots on goal (13 shot attempts- per scorecard). He even had a great breakaway chance:

The below tweet is his game from yesterday (Feb 21st) where he recorded 2A.  He now has 26P in 24GP #Canucks 
https://twitter.com/DanielGScouting/status/1231464854717775875?s=20

• Upvote 1

Daniel Gee (@DanielGScouting) Tweeted:
Soooo... Jack Rathbone played again today recording 1A and 5 shots on goal (13 shot attempts- per scorecard). He even had a great breakaway chance:

The below tweet is his game from yesterday (Feb 21st) where he recorded 2A.  He now has 26P in 24GP #Canucks 
ESPN+ https://t.co/TgVLvrEjdY https://t.co/EsyyCyGbmm