The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

First Ride?

bishopshodan

3 hours ago, nucklehead said:

Interesting that you had a Datsun. These threads have come up before but I never posted in them, partly because of being a bit embarrassed to admit to the now extinct Datsun but largely because I have never been able to find an image of the model I owned. Apparently it's so rare google never even heard of it.

Until today

Here is an image of what I believe may be a 1967 Datsun 211. That's right, 211

I have searched on and off for it over the years and never found anything. This picture is very close looking to the one I owned. Kind of wish I'd kept it now. But after a friend of mine rolled it I kind of lost interest in it. 

Datsuns are great. Some of the pics online of folk fixing them up are sweet. I hear what you're saying though. Some have mentioned their tastes changing over time in this thread.

I used to laugh at 'fire chickens' now I stop and stare in admiration. El camino's , pfft.... car truck? ha!.... now I wish I had one. 

I actually wish I had kept all the vehicles that I have owned, except maybe not the 89 Ford Probe, don't know what I was thinking!

I have mentioned I have '76 Dodge Dart Swinger in storage...I also have a '74 Vespa Super Sport 125. I one day will have them moving again, I'm determined. If I could have held on to the 68 Fargo Van and the 74 CJ5 Jeep, oooh what a dream stable I would have. 

30 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Luxury.

In my first ride the windows were the AC....

Ha! My Dart has what I think is called the 'vent through' system if you couldn't afford the AC.

Basically little square plastic doors, at your knees on both sides, under the dash. Yeah, just little doors to the outside. Let's the wind... vent through.

2 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Her name was Candace, we skipped 3rd period in gr 11 and went to her parents house. She hopped on top..... 

Oh... 

Different kind of ride. Shoot. 

2002 Honda civic "fully loaded" which meant ac and power windows! 

was her name actually candace tho

On 4/2/2019 at 7:08 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

It's a funny thing....when I was a teenager and El Camino's were a thing, I thought they were fugly...Now I think they're awesome.

Must be all the Counting Cars episodes.....

People loved them or hated them . Nothing in between. lol

THe people who hated them might have been looking at a Ranchero.:sick:

I had a 1982 Datsun 200sx. Battery was always dieting because I rigged up some house speakers to an amp that I found, needed that base for the ladies.

My key could open my friends Toyota Tercel and his key could start mine up. Good times.

My first car was a 1975 Mercury Comet. We took a road trip from Vancouver to Mexico City in that baby. The seats reclined all the way down. We slept in it many times, calling it 'Hotel Mercury'. The only problem was is that it had no heat and we left Vancouver mid December ... We're talking scraping the windows on the inside of the car, wearing 2 pairs of socks and winter coats until we finally reached Nevada...we crossed the border at Idaho...ahhh good times were had in good ol Hotel Mercury. The day we got back to Vancouver, the car was written off from a hit and run while it was parked in the middle of the night...

Archived