Sign in to follow this  
naslund.is.king

(Discussion)Remember when?

Rate this topic

It's always great to watch some great stuff from The Golden Era.

Can't wait to play some late April hockey and to have new great memories with the new core.

Love this team and love to share our passion in this board.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, naslund.is.king said:

For all those down going into the offseason:(... Watch these videos:

Remember what that felt like, how hard it was to get there.

I Never post topics but i felt we all need to remember the goal and struggle it takes to be at the top

To me this feels alot like when i was watching Burrows,Kes,Sedins and etc grow up :goat: and look where that took us.(So close)

We have: Boeser, EP, Horvat, Jake, Hughes, Gaud, Demko and etc...The future looks very bright:wub::canucks:

Id love someone to take on a thread and compare this team to our last successfull group of players..Where are  we on that timeline between 07-2011(example) Who are we missing

Etc Etc

Take it easy on me please;) Never make topics and i suck at Writing

Love this team and forum:canucks:

Burrows was a God. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Probably get flamed for this but imho in 2 more season of current players and prospects developing and tweaking of the roster where needed, i'd say we'd be better than that. Benning can see what we need and finally but with the exception of LE, there's no players locked in anymore so that gives free reign for the build to continue. 

Simply put, we have potential to become a serious contender and not just playoff in and out quickly. At this point, it's all in Bennings hands and he's been learning and developing as a GM too. Things aren't as bad as some make out.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/2/2019 at 4:44 PM, naslund.is.king said:

For all those down going into the offseason:(... Watch these videos:

Remember what that felt like, how hard it was to get there.

I Never post topics but i felt we all need to remember the goal and struggle it takes to be at the top

To me this feels alot like when i was watching Burrows,Kes,Sedins and etc grow up :goat: and look where that took us.(So close)

We have: Boeser, EP, Horvat, Jake, Hughes, Gaud, Demko and etc...The future looks very bright:wub::canucks:

Id love someone to take on a thread and compare this team to our last successfull group of players..Where are  we on that timeline between 07-2011(example) Who are we missing

Etc Etc

Take it easy on me please;) Never make topics and i suck at Writing

Love this team and forum:canucks:

The Burrows Goal gave me goosebumps. I can picture where I was and how loud I yelled. Fist pump to the air like I was 10 years old. 

I so wanted the cup that year. I have found memories of when I was living in Edmonton that year getting heckled with two other Canucks fans from B.C. Who later Happened to be My future wife and best Man,  have yet my friend Tim lol. (how I met your mother inside joke). We seriously lived at bars all playoffs that season, my liver has never been the same. Getting heckled by edmontonians was a blast but loosing in the final game was crushing.  

Cant wait for another Emotional roller coaster like that year again. I think this group of talented players will get us back there. This season has been rewarding to watch as a lifelong fan how far the team came so quickly.  

For your comparison ask, since being a child watching 90s cup run and then new era, the best compare group for me was the original cup runners from my era. Bure, Ronning, Linden Maclean era, now Petey, Bo, Boes Markstrom Era. Probably not a great comparison like you asked for but it’s what came to mind for me. 

Sad that this season didn’t have 10 more games to play the team is really showing what they have to offer for next season though. 

Thanks Canucks for a hard fought season. !!

Edited by Bertorama
  • Thanks 1

We will get there again 

lead by our new captain Bo Horvat next year

Petey and Boes already being a dynamic duo 

Marky and Demko could be Lu and schneids 2.0

Quinn Hughes and Edler will lead our backend 

we are couple pieces away hopefully we get lucky and grab kakko or Jack hughes ... and sign one top 6 forward and top 4 dmen this offseason ... 

next season we should be in playoffs 

the kids now know it takes to win games down the stretch .. the game against the sharks last game was a motivating win for this great young core and it will only get better !

Edited by WalkWithElias40
  • Hydration 1

23 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

We will get there again 

lead by our new captain Bo Horvat next year

Petey and Boes already being a dynamic duo 

Marky and Demko could be Lu and schneids 2.0

Quinn Hughes and Edler will lead our backend 

we are couple pieces away hopefully we get lucky and grab kakko or Jack hughes ... and sign one top 6 forward and top 4 dmen this offseason ... 

next season we should be in playoffs 

the kids now know it takes to win games down the stretch .. the game against the sharks last game was a motivating win for this great young core and it will only get better !

i think this team has the potential to be great.

it's an exciting time to be a Canucks fan

• Upvote 1