The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

With Petey falling off in scoring, do you think Binnington has a chance at winning the Calder? (Votes are cast pre-playoffs)

Rate this topic

iBlueGreen

Petterson, Dalhin or Binnington for Calder?  

267 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hate to say it, but binnington carried st Louis to the playoffs. However Petey played more games and took much more abuse day in and day out. The length of the season really wore down Petey. I hope he gets 1 or 2  more goals. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

He's amazing, but I don't see a goalie winning it unless they play 40+ games. I think EP wins in a landslide. Dahlin and Binnington will be lucky to get a few votes here and there for 1st. I think even Binnington might not beat out Tkachuk for 3rd.

Interesting perspective, as Markstrom just won Canuck's MVP.  It would be great to see if Petey can get a couple of goals or hat trick on Binnington on the last game against the blues.  If he does, I'll lean towards your perspective ;).  I do want Petey to win, but wow, Binnington looks like the real deal as well.

1 minute ago, iBlueGreen said:

Interesting perspective, as Markstrom just won Canuck's MVP.  It would be great to see if Petey can get a couple of goals or hat trick on Binnington on the last game against the blues.  If he does, I'll lean towards your perspective ;).  I do want Petey to win, but wow, Binnington looks like the real deal as well.

If Binnington had his current numbers with 45 or 50 games, I think he'd actually win it over Pettersson, but it'd be a close vote. He's been incredible this year and I'm interested to see if he can keep it up for next year.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Stamkos said:

If the Blues get past the first round then Binnington gets it. If not, it’s Peteys to lose. 

I think Binnington has to do a lot more than just win a round. 

He's 25 and having a good run. 

Pettersson is 20 and had 10 goals in his first 10 games. 7 GWG. Not to mention his highlight reel passes, shootout goals, and defensive plays.

big difference!

If Pettersson totally dried up then the Calder goes to Binnington but he is still producing assists so he hasn't exactly fallen off the map. If Petey doesn't get the Calder then the NHL is rigged against the Canucks.

• Upvote 1