Sign in to follow this  
Jav_11

[Discussion] Chase Priskie announces he won't sign in Washington.

Recommended Posts

Chase priskie the 6th round pick from the capitals has told Washington he won't be signing and will test free agency. What are the odds Canucks have a play? Anyone know about him? His numbers look impressive and would be our best right shot prospect of signed. 

Edited by Jav_11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe he wants to play with his buddy Brogan? Maybe, if he doesn't want to sign with a contender like Washington, he's looking for a team with poor RD depth. I'd say we have a chance in August.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering he could step right into our lineup next year with the way our RD side is, and that there is tons of opportunity on that side going forward. You'd hope pretty good.

 

Would be a major add for us if he did. Next years D lineup would look so much better

 

Hughes-Tanev                 Tanev traded at deadline

Hutton-Stecher               Hutton traded at deadline

Edler-Priskie

Sautner-Schenn        as our top 8 going into next years. Might be able to finish the year with.

 

Hughes-Schenn

Juolevi-Stecher

Edler-Priskie

Sautner                    depending on development of course.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Considering he could step right into our lineup next year with the way our RD side is, and that there is tons of opportunity on that side going forward. You'd hope pretty good.

 

Would be a major add for us if he did. Next years D lineup would look so much better

 

Hughes-Tanev                 Tanev traded at deadline

Hutton-Stecher               Hutton traded at deadline

Edler-Priskie

Sautner-Schenn        as our top 8 going into next years. Might be able to finish the year with.

 

Hughes-Schenn

Juolevi-Stecher

Edler-Priskie

Sautner                    depending on development of course.

Unproven and filled with more unanswered questions than answered ones, I like the looks of this^^^^ line up.  Would position the team for decent growth in the next 2 to 3 years.  If we were to add Bowen Byram to the mix, this could very well be a formidable d-corps in a few years.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like he could be a slightly taller Troy Stecher?  Good skater, two-way guy.

I'd take any and all right-handed D-men prospects we can get

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Unproven and filled with more unanswered questions than answered ones, I like the looks of this^^^^ line up.  Would position the team for decent growth in the next 2 to 3 years.  If we were to add Bowen Byram to the mix, this could very well be a formidable d-corps in a few years.

So are you praising this lineup or you criticizing it?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I'd be all for it but I assume he signs elsewhere to burn a year off his ELC

He can't unless they trade his rights this week still.  He will be a free agent only in mid-August.  

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

March 2019 – Priskie was suspended two games earlier in March for kicking a player, which is a blotch on his impressive resume this season. Currently he is up to 39 points in 34 games as he has exploded past his previous three seasons of 25, 26 and 26 points. Priskie is playing so well that if he does not sign with the Caps he will be highly sought after when he because a freeagent. Pat Quinn

 

Pat Quinn 

Image result for aladdin raise the dead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hammertime said:

March 2019 – Priskie was suspended two games earlier in March for kicking a player, which is a blotch on his impressive resume this season. Currently he is up to 39 points in 34 games as he has exploded past his previous three seasons of 25, 26 and 26 points. Priskie is playing so well that if he does not sign with the Caps he will be highly sought after when he because a freeagent. Pat Quinn

 

Pat Quinn 

Image result for aladdin raise the dead

I think I like him more if he Busst hat sort of fire in his belly.

 

Resding more about it, it was pretty out of character.  Almost no penalties all season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not take a flyer on him. If he wants to sign in Van then why not? Put in the work last summer to develop himself further and it paid off. Might be a steal for the Canucks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He'll sign in Edmonton - cause everyone wants to play with McDavid :emot-parrot:

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chase Priskie + conditional 2020 2nd*

 

for

 

Brisebois

 

Conditional 2nd if Priskie doesn't sign

Helps Wash with a young prospect

Covers us if Priskie doesn't sign

Edited by janisahockeynut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Sounds like a made up name

Like one of the generated names in the late 2020s in GM mode: :lol:

 

In all seriousness I’m all for loading up on RHD depth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, hammertime said:

March 2019 – Priskie was suspended two games earlier in March for kicking a player, which is a blotch on his impressive resume this season. Currently he is up to 39 points in 34 games as he has exploded past his previous three seasons of 25, 26 and 26 points. Priskie is playing so well that if he does not sign with the Caps he will be highly sought after when he because a freeagent. Pat Quinn

 

Pat Quinn 

Image result for aladdin raise the dead

Sounds like a guy with a long fuse, but when it goes off, it's explosive.  Wonder what caused him to kick another player?  Not what I would call a "hockey move", but I'm a big fan of skilled players who flip out every once in awhile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does hurt to throw an offer at the guy. Not a fan of kids leaving the teams that drafted them, but hey. As long as it doesn't happen to us :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.