The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Nashville Predators | Apr. 04, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

39 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

not how i wanted to spend my last canucks gdt with you guys xD it was an awesome season everyone! i'll see some of yall in the playoff gdt's!

not gunna be around saturday, what a bummer its on at 1 pm, like wtf nhl.

33 minutes ago, camaro ss said:

And that is 1 of the many reasons the Canucks will never win a cup

This might be the best post I have seen this year> it is so close to the truth I had a good laugh. Many fans don't remember game 7 in 1994 against the rangers. The refs pulled out the biggest blown game ever, Pat Quinn was fined for his comments after the game and he also tried to have the officiating team changed prior to the game because he thought they could not be fair. I remember it like it was yesterday. All aside the Canucks almost came back to tie it late. But the 3 straight penalties hurt them bad. Its always funny how the league puts the whistles away or pulls them out to suite their needs.

Just now, CanuckGAME said:

Deb,  I usually find myself with the same opinions as yours on this forum.

But to call me a bandwagoner is a joke.  Give your head a shake.  I've been here on this forum 14 years.

And been a fan for 30.  To call me a bandwagoner because I accept the last 2 games are meaningless, and losing HELPS us right now,  that is bull****.

I am here as a die hard fan missing the playoffs like no other. And the only way to get the feeling of being a Canucks fan with the boys in the playoffs again is to start filling out the core.  Fastest way is through the draft.   Higher the draft pick,  higher % that pick will be a player we can compete for the cup for.

You can disagree with me wanting to lose the last 2 games,  and I get it.  But i do take a lot of offense being called a bandwagoner.  Especially when I am positive about this team through 90% of the season.

Deb seems to be very judgmental on who are real fans. 

Hughes looked pretty good for his 3rd NHL game. Got beat a few times in the defensive zone but made some nice plays in the offensive zone. Great stuff for the 19 year old.

Rafferty looked alright. I think he had a better showing than Teves but neither are NHL caliber defensemen yet.

Boeser looked great again and had a bunch of chances to score. His skating looks so much better right now! He should have a monster 3rd season next year.

Imagine if we got breaks like the ones the Preds got all game. We'd be in a playoff spot.

By the way, so annoying to hear Nashville fans shout "you suck" about everything. Seriously, where's the gamesmanship in that? What are those fans teaching their children who go to or watch those games by saying that all the time. Losers.

The coil are blowing it at home now.  Yeah I know that 8th to 9th draft odds are negligible.. I just want our GM to have the chance to chose ahead of those guys- make this referee debacle tonight count for something. 

hockey is about playing the right way!!! it is not about hoping your team loses games. I guess to each is own, but I cheer the Canucks on  right to the last minute  of the last game! tonight was a joke, the refs and Toronto war room ruined this game for me.  but GO CANUCKS GO!!!!:canucks:

Horrible reffing, no question.

In all fairness, the very good Preds had every reason to be motivated to win this game, and they were; now one point ahead of St. Louis. Our Nucks were in tough against these guys right from the get-go. IMHO they showed up and played them tough, with nothing but pride on the line all said and done.

Clearly, been a reeeal long season for EP, it was catching up with him for the last dozen or so games. He'll be much better prepared for it next go around.

The future looks pretty good from here on. Lot of young, very talented kids just starting to come into their own...with more waiting in the wings! Can't wait to see Jett Woo hit the ice for us, he's tearing it up big time in the minors!

I’m hoping we get lucky after all the bs calls we have to endure. Right or wrong it still sucks being on the wrong side of most controversial plays. Let’s hope we get lucky like NJ or Philly and end up 1 or 2 in the draft. 

All in all in was quite the season. So many ups and downs. Let’s give the boys a solid thumbs up and hope they all get better in the off season. Two years from now I expect to be fighting for a playoff spot and anything less will be a disappointment. 

Go Canucks Go. 

Archived