The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Next 5 years and prospects....

Rate this topic

canucksnihilist

33 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Gosh, it's hard to believe it was only 5 short years ago the Canucks had guys like Gaunce, Jensen and Jordan Subban as their "good prospects" lol

The cupboard is pretty full now, especially at the forward positions, and even goaltending. The Canucks could still use 1 or 2 more top D propsects in the system, but hopefully Rathbone and Woo really deliver when they get here.

Hey don't forget our future first line winger Shinkaruk or that future top four d-man Corrado.....

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Finally win? Hmmm, I think that was the feelings the fans had 35 years ago too.

It is all in fun so let's pretend the rebuild isn't over and the Canucks still have all their draft picks for the next two years.

Hmmm that might give the team as many as 5 top six forwards under 26, 4 top defense men under 30 and two top goalies instead of 3 top six under 26 and 3 just under 30, 3 top defense men under 30 and two top goalies. It would also eliminate 4 of the 9 clause contracts Benning has given out some for declining vets and give staggered cap space too.

Sorry to tell you that no matter how good you are at drafting or how many picks you have. In a cap system you have to try to go for it. Try to win now.

Or you end up like Winnipeg or Toronto in Cap Hell.

I personally feel that it is a good idea now to push for the playoffs.

All you have to do is get in, and a few breaks a hot goalie and a team can make it to the final.

GOOD JOB JIM BENNING I’m looking forward to this season.

2 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

I'm talking impact defenceman, not third pairing guys.  Before this year who has been the best defenceman Benning has acquired?  They aren't easy to find my dude that's why you need to draft them

What am I twisting?  I never mentioned anything about his overall draft record.  

Quinn Hughes will score over sixty points this year, win the Calder, get nominated for the Norris, and help us get into the playoffs.  I know six other teams foolishly passed on Quinn, so he fell into JB’s lap, but it’s still a draft pick. 

Edited by Alflives
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Quinn Hughes will score over sixty points this year, win the Calder, get nominated for the Norris, and help us get into the playoffs.  I know six other teams foolishly passed on Quinn, so he fell into JB’s lap, but it’s still a draft pick. 

The kool-aid sure tastes good doesn’t it?

Sure hope it is legit, would be fun wouldn’t it?