The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning will represent the Canucks at the 2019 Draft Lottery

-Vintage Canuck-

I'm fine with 8,9,10,11

There will be at least one of the players I really like there.  Caufield, Newhook (Dynamic high cieling high risk) Turcotte, Boldy, Suzuki, (safe pix middle 6) Sieder, Sodastream (Positional need both should be a lock middle pairing RHD).   

21 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Jim Benning brought us Petey, Brock and Quinn.  Will he bring us Jack as well?

Maybe Jimbo brings in the next best player in the draft @ 10 Alex Newhook. Easily the 2nd best skater in the draft. Underappreciated because he is in the BCHL. BCHL or not his skating is unreal.

https://www.bardown.com/newfoundland-s-alex-newhook-goes-coast-to-coast-for-a-spectacular-goal-in-the-bchl-1.949754

The Hockey Gods can be cruel. I'm hoping this is finally the year that luck is on the Canucks side. They deserve it. They have good character players who do a lot of good in the community, they play hard and the right way, they don't have a roster filled with ego-driven greedy players. Benning has really built up a pretty good team from the ashes, but they're missing that one player that will make them a contender again. Maybe this is finally the year they are rewarded for their patience and tenacity. 

Archived