The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning will represent the Canucks at the 2019 Draft Lottery

-Vintage Canuck-

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Jim Benning will represent the Canucks at the 2019 Draft Lottery
7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Jim Benning brought us Petey, Brock and Quinn.  Will he bring us Jack as well?

At this juncture, highly likely not Jack Hughes.

However, Pettersson, Boeser and Quinn weren’t on the Canucks’ radar when they got picked.

All three were passed by other organizations at the surprise of Benning, who jumped on picking them when they became available.

Benning will pick another player who should’ve gone top five.

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

The Hockey Gods can be cruel. I'm hoping this is finally the year that luck is on the Canucks side. They deserve it. They have good character players who do a lot of good in the community, they play hard and the right way, they don't have a roster filled with ego-driven greedy players. Benning has really built up a pretty good team from the ashes, but they're missing that one player that will make them a contender again. Maybe this is finally the year they are rewarded for their patience and tenacity. 

There is no team more deserving of the top picks than Vancouver, and it is not possible to debate this.

1 in 7 chance of a top 3.  Not that bad - as good a chance as most other teams more or less.  I’d rather be in our position than in Ottawa’s position - with the team they have.

and we have a super good chance of getting a top 10 pick and certainly the top 11... really really good chance.  Supposedly there are 11/12 top players in this draft then there is a falloff... so it’s not a bad year to be #9

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

The Hockey Gods can be cruel. I'm hoping this is finally the year that luck is on the Canucks side. They deserve it. They have good character players who do a lot of good in the community, they play hard and the right way, they don't have a roster filled with ego-driven greedy players. Benning has really built up a pretty good team from the ashes, but they're missing that one player that will make them a contender again. Maybe this is finally the year they are rewarded for their patience and tenacity. 

A top winger for Horvat would be nice...  

9 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

If we don’t win a top-3 this year, I say we send Fin for 2020.

Or Petey. Just have him sit there and death stare at Bettman until Gary just cracks and hands us first overall.

Can we send Petey this year? :P

There's really no better time to win a lottery pick, specifically first overall. Draft in Vancouver, potential for another lethal.brother combo. The storyline is there. 

That would be a dream but in reality a team behind us probably wins a lottery pick and we fall. It's our thing in the draft. 

4 hours ago, Me_ said:

At this juncture, highly likely not Jack Hughes.

However, Pettersson, Boessr and Quinn weren’t on the Canucks’ radar when they got picked.

All three were passed by other organizations at the surprise of Benning, who jumped on picking them when they became available.

Benning will pick another player who should’ve gone top five.

I agree, I feel like they have something up their sleeve at the 9, 10, or 11 pick.

Archived