The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning will represent the Canucks at the 2019 Draft Lottery

-Vintage Canuck-

7 hours ago, hammertime said:

Maybe Jimbo brings in the next best player in the draft @ 10 Alex Newhook. Easily the 2nd best skater in the draft. Underappreciated because he is in the BCHL. BCHL or not his skating is unreal.

https://www.bardown.com/newfoundland-s-alex-newhook-goes-coast-to-coast-for-a-spectacular-goal-in-the-bchl-1.949754

It's too bad they lost their playoff series.  Could have watched him against the Vipers this week.

3 hours ago, BlastPast said:

I'm not checking twitter but can anyone give me the temperature of #teamtank after that loser point ? I'm going to guess it's red hot.

Team Tank is just fine and packing it in for another year,

The Canucks played a great game and just about beat a cup contender

What is wrong with that?

I think you don't understand team tank

when we are a contender and still ascending, we will be totally happy

we are fans, and we love the Canucks

you are trying to be clever, but obviously the ball bounces a little quick for you.

We do not troll......we just have a little difference of opinion of where we are at

you on the other hand just don't get that...…..

Just for the record...…..a 1 position change is nothing.....we can add to move up 

if we need to...….it is pretty simple, and was never the point

but somehow that escapes you...…….

Have a good summer brother......and get ready for next season

25 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Team Tank is just fine and packing it in for another year,

The Canucks played a great game and just about beat a cup contender

What is wrong with that?

I think you don't understand team tank

when we are a contender and still ascending, we will be totally happy

we are fans, and we love the Canucks

you are trying to be clever, but obviously the ball bounces a little quick for you.

We do not troll......we just have a little difference of opinion of where we are at

you on the other hand just don't get that...…..

Just for the record...…..a 1 position change is nothing.....we can add to move up 

if we need to...….it is pretty simple, and was never the point

but somehow that escapes you...…….

Have a good summer brother......and get ready for next season

Yup, you're just too sharp for me !

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:18 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

Jim Benning brought us Petey, Brock and Quinn.  Will he bring us Jack as well?

Proving we don't need a top 3 pick to get a very good player. 

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 5:49 PM, nowhereman said:

HFBoards blames Benning for cancer, global warming and Trump. That would be a gimme for them.

And yet we look to be poised to play-off contenders soon. Didn't it take Toronto 3 decades?

13 minutes ago, cory40 said:

And yet we look to be poised to play-off contenders soon. Didn't it take Toronto 3 decades?

Believe 1966 last cup?

And not that many division wins, or deep play off runs.  I recall one with, was it Curtis Joseph, or Dallas's goalie. Dougie Gilmour and the crew...

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/vancouver-canucks-2019-nhl-draft-lottery/c-306577362

Canucks 2019 Draft Lottery odds

...Vancouver has a 16% chance of landing a top-3 pick

by Derek Jory @NoJoryous / Vancouver Canucks
 12:05 PM
cut.jpg

Now what?

The Vancouver Canucks have missed the 2019 NHL Playoffs, falling nine points short of a wild card spot this season.

Unlike previous seasons when the NHL Playoffs began right away and Canucks fans were forced to watch what could have been, this year is different.

The NHL Draft Lottery, which typically takes place towards the end of April, goes down pre-playoffs on Tuesday, April 9th in Toronto. That's when the Canucks will find out their 1st Round pick spot for the 2019 NHL Entry Draft, held June 21st at Rogers Arena in Vancouver.

GM Jim Benning is attending the lottery on behalf of the organization.

Over the past three seasons the Canucks have picked 5th (Olli Juolevi), 5th (Elias Pettersson) and 7th (Quinn Hughes), while a top-three pick has eluded the franchise since Daniel and Henrik Sedin were taken 2nd and 3rd overall in 1999.

This year the Canucks have a 16% chance of landing a top 3 pick; 5% at 1st, 5.3% at 2nd and 5.7% of 3rd. The best odds, however, have Vancouver picking either 9th (48.8%) or 10th (30.7%).

The Canucks can only pick 1, 2, 3, 9, 10, 11 or 12 - picks 4, 5, 6, 7, & 8 are off the table, as are 13, 14 & 15.

The draft lottery hasn't been overly kind to the Canucks in the past three seasons. Vancouver fell one spot last season and two spots in 2016 & 2017. Clearly what I'm saying is that we're due for a surprise finish this year, preferably in the top 3.

Feelin' lucky?

Regardless of what pick the Canucks land, their top-12 selection will be made at the 2019 NHL Draft in Vancouver. The first round takes place Friday, June 21. Rounds 2-7 take place Saturday, June 22.

Vancouver's other 2019 picks are as follows:

Round 2: 40th

Round 3: 71st

Round 4: 102nd

Round 5: 133rd

Round 6: 156th (from Ottawa)

Round 6: 164th

Round 6: 179th to 186th (from Washington, spot depends on their playoff finish)

Round 7: 195th

Archived