The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ADSF: (A1) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (WC2) Columbus Blue Jackets | Blue Jackets win series 4-0

Rate this topic

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Blue Jackets in 4
    • Blue Jackets in 5
    • Blue Jackets in 6
    • Blue Jackets in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2019 at 11:00 PM

5 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Never know. Cbj might beat tampa.

WSH barely beat CBJ last year. They were down 2 games to 0 and 3rd game went to double OT. And I think couple more games went to OT

That was the closest series of the playoffs. 

WSH got hot after game 3 or 4. Then they looked unbeatable. Destroyed Pens in 2nd round. 

Would love to see WSH win another cup. 

No you're right you can't write Columbus off completely they're definitely a tough team and good team, and it is playoffs anything can happen, but I'm leaning more towards Tampa still I feel they should win it in the end.

• Upvote 1

Columbus sure has a hell of a mix of young talent and a deep lineup - great forward group, blueline and goaltending.

It's just too bad that they've settled for Tortorella.  Luckily though, if a Tortorella team is going to go anywhere, it's with the kind of heavy, up tempo young lineup he has to work with - otherwise I don't think his cookie cutter fits many teams.

Luckily, they recovered from his pre-game rant - to overcome a 3-0 deficit with that impressive comeback.

Someone must have told him to shut up in the intermission?  jk....sorta.

Reminds me of a University volleyball coach I once had.

Pre-game - launched into a 'motivational' speech - insisting that what we needed to do was 'grasp the opponent by the throat, put their head underwater, and do not let them up until they could breathe no more"...... I was a rookie at the time, thinking wtf? is this? - when our captain intervened and challenged - "that's great and all - but what kind of blocking schemes are we going to run against this opponent?"  Unforgettabe 'retort'. 

Edited by oldnews

17 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

No you're right you can't write Columbus off completely they're definitely a tough team and good team, and it is playoffs anything can happen, but I'm leaning more towards Tampa still I feel they should win it in the end.

Ya. Tampa definetly more likely to win. But that's why they play the games. Never know.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, oldnews said:

Columbus sure has a hell of a mix of young talent and a deep lineup - great forward group, blueline and goaltending.

It's just too bad that they've settled for Tortorella.  Luckily though, if a Tortorella team is going to go anywhere, it's with the kind of heavy, up tempo young lineup he has to work with - otherwise I don't think his cookie cutter fits many teams.

Luckily, they recovered from his pre-game rant - to overcome a 3-0 deficit with that impressive comeback.

Someone must have told him to shut up in the intermission?  jk....sorta.

Reminds me of a University volleyball coach I once had.

Pre-game - launched into a 'motivational' speech - insisting that what we needed to do was 'grasp the opponent by the throat, put their head underwater, and do not let them up until they could breathe no more"...... I was a rookie at the time, thinking wtf? is this? - when our captain intervened and challenged - "that's great and all - but what kind of blocking schemes are we going to run against this opponent?"  Unforgettabe 'retort'. 

Can you qualify the Tortz comment? 

Why should he be thought of by you as a bad choice as Head coach for Columbus? 

You mention a style of play. I think that’s a great place for you to start. 

1 minute ago, Qwags said:

What is happening right now?

History repeating itself :ph34r:

On 4/11/2019 at 12:56 PM, Generational.EP40 said:

Stamkos is such a playoff choker but gets a free pass by everyone. 0pts to start the post season.

He’s lucky he’s Canadian because if it weren’t for that and say he were Russian instead, he’d get non stop scrutiny. Not to

mention his track record of how goes completely invisible in game 7’s and has some shocking 0 points or 0 goals statistic. Has never risen to the occasion and definitely not a big game player. 

...it’s funny how he has virtually the same ppg playoff average as Henrik Sedin but Hank got pooped on his entire career. Stamkos on the other hand, not a word. Years past Tyler Johnson becomes their 1C in the playoffs as Stamkos disappears. He’s lucky they have Point now so he has even less of a burden to produce having such an all around great team. 

https://www.rawcharge.com/2018/4/16/17243378/seen-stamkos-the-curious-case-of-the-captains-lack-of-playoff

He’s only had 2 multi goal games in his playoff career & his goal scoring average cuts in half compared to the regular season. 

He has to prove himself at this stage so until he does, I’m just going to say it how it is. Again, he’s lucky the Bolts are so stacked this year. Maybe the best chance he’ll have in his career after the cap crunch Tampa’s going to endure after this year.